Bosch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Thanks for reminding me this exists. I had watched episode 1 a few years back and meant to return. Past week I have been watching during down time while working and when I am tired of FFXIV and DDO. Halfway through S3 now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This show was such a nostalgia kick for me from the Cali Vibe to seeing Cast that I haven't seen for a LONG time.

One of the things I remembered for a LONG time in Cali is "Orange Days" I called them, days where everything has this orange glow to it, not just during dusk or something but from like noon on, they had a couple shots where you get the vibe hard.

Loved that they didn't just show downtown but they also showed out in the boonies and around Arrowhead and Big Bear.

Double loved the little vegas tidbits like the drive out being dead as fuck, I remember doing that drive a few times for EQ gatherings and vacationing with my wife. When I did it solo I felt like it was one of the defining moments of my life, one of those moments where you feel like you can go anywhere once you get past civilization and just see the nothingness of long stretches of road.

Story wise though..

What was up with his wife, through the entire show I felt like she just wanted done. She barely had any real meaningful moments and even her death was so clearly telegraphed it was silly. Bosch even LOOKS at the drivers of the vehicle and notes them, bitch you knew your wife was into some triad level shit and you see a ricer motorcycle go by you with 2 people dressed ENTIRELY in black in afternoon / evening heat in CALIFORNIA?

His daughter has yet to do anything but get fucked in a story sense in all the seasons I watched so far. It seems like there really isn't a need for side characters other than to illustrate how socially disconnected Bosch is, but that fact is already apparent with his department relations. 5 seasons in and I'm kinda skipping things because it's like watching a dead horse get beaten in the social destruction aspect.

I was a little disappointed that the "Bad Guy" in the lawyer case conveniently came out to be the dude that supposedly killed his mother. I feel like that is too convenient and it felt like a rushed end to 2 plots.

Seasons 1-3, Amazing. Season 4-5...ehh.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Double loved the little vegas tidbits like the drive out being dead as fuck, I remember doing that drive a few times for EQ gatherings and vacationing with my wife. When I did it solo I felt like it was one of the defining moments of my life, one of those moments where you feel like you can go anywhere once you get past civilization and just see the nothingness of long stretches of road.
My now wife lived in Vegas at the time and I lived in Phoenix. Made that drive many many times solo on the weekends, and the stretch between Kingman and Boulder City was the straightest road ever. Although my brain went to things like if I was going to kill someone, this is where I'd bury them. Or this is where good souls go to die. I like your version better. :)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
My now wife lived in Vegas at the time and I lived in Phoenix. Made that drive many many times solo on the weekends, and the stretch between Kingman and Boulder City was the straightest road ever. Although my brain went to things like if I was going to kill someone, this is where I'd bury them. Or this is where good souls go to die. I like your version better. :)

Honest to god it is the little things about the show, for the Vegas part it was actually filming the last break from the LA side before you went into no-mans land. There is just something about that last stretch that to me was always memory defining, you look back and see the last vestiges of a shitty area (san Bern and the like) but that area is basically the last bit of "SoCal" you'll be seeing for a long time:

1588827990550.png

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
I rarely watch tv shows these days, but found myself watching a few episodes of season 2 after a long hiatus and needless to say I binge watched the entire series in a month. The stories were pretty good, but I think it was the actors that kept bringing me back each night. And the jazz intro always hooked me into watching another episode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good actors, crime drama with a bit of neo-noir vibe, decent writing, LAPD, interesting stories, it's a formula we've seen many times but it sticks. It's comfy as fuck, it's most of the time good, never goes all over the place, it's a solid TV show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Decent season. What was up with the female FBI agent though? Did anyone else feel like she was trying to take out her partner?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This is back for its last season.

mid-way through, going ok so far, nothing crazy happening.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's the normal Bosch formula. As long as you don't try to take it too seriously it's an entertaining show.

Lance Reddick's character and storyline aren't great. Neither is the "incels hate women and can somehow shove around someone who ranks way higher than them". Season would be better without those two throwaway plots.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's the normal Bosch formula. As long as you don't try to take it too seriously it's an entertaining show.

Lance Reddick's character and storyline aren't great. Neither is the "incels hate women and can somehow shove around someone who ranks way higher than them". Season would be better without those two throwaway plots.
I did love Incel Cop 1 responding to how something went down.. "it was epic".

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
pretty bad that they only had 8 episodes for the final season instead of the normal 10. overall, it felt pretty rushed, with several bad guys being introduced over half way through the season. also:

I had hoped for a montage of what happened to all the major characters after the big showdown. It just ends with Bosch registering to be a PI, but then realizes the FBI, which he screwed over majorly, is gonna be doing background checks on him for that. also, several other characters whose fate end up unknown. Was Irvings career ruined? The FBI dudes? The new major? Pretty ridiculous of Bosch to ruin the whole situation and then blame it on Irving, when it was completely his own fault.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Spinoff with him working as a PI for honey Chandler is gonna pick up where Bosch left off.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Spinoff with him working as a PI for honey Chandler is gonna pick up where Bosch left off.
I'd watch that. One thing that gets me though:
Honey Chandler living through the hit attempt. I mean that spinoff is probably the only reason she's still alive. No reason to keep her alive either. Just wakes up from the coma after everything is done?

Also I know these are pretty loosely based on the books, but Honey Chandler gets straight up murdered in the 3rd book by the Dollmaker.

• 1Like

Khane

This is airing now, but not on Prime. On some unknown service called Freevee. It's called Bosch:Legacy

Khane

I looked it up and it says Freevee used to be IMDB.

Interesting. Just watched the first episode. The 100 lb anorexic daughter is now a beat cop in this spinoff. Pretty awful aspect of the show. Guessing that might be why Amazon didnt pick this up.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This is airing now, but not on Prime. On some unknown service called Freevee. It's called Bosch:Legacy

Amazon Freevee, the ad-funded streaming service, has unveiled a raft of renewals, unscripted orders and developments following its rebrand from IMDb TV.

The company unveiled the service’s new name at the start of April, and it went live near at the end of the month. It unveiled the news at its NewFronts advertising event in New York.

Khane

Guess Amazon and Netflix are both jealous of Hulu

Oldbased

> Than U
IMDB was/is always a good source of movies and shows. Haven't watch any of the originals or made for IMDB/Amazon shit there but lots of times I get a tick to watch something old I liked it can only be found there or plex( or Roku lately )

• 1Like