Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So are white people if you count gun nuts and domestic terrorism. We just tend to do it in large short bursts, while black people do it at a slow steady pace.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
She works at the kings inn in Dartmouth if you want to see anything
http://petertips.blogspot.com/2009/0...tmouth-ma.html

Doesn't sound encouraging:

King's Inn (North Dartmouth, MA)
Quality of dances (7/20) ? These dances are limited contact for the most part, though the regulars seemed to have slightly more luck than I did. As far as limited contact dances go, these are pretty solid with a fair amount of friction. The girls make a lot of promises of fun to be had in the champagne room, but the prices that I was hearing were way too high for this quality of girl.

Quality of dancers (2.5/10) ? The girls here ranged from slightly above average to atrocious. Most of the them are very plain and either are obese have horrible boob jobs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MctO...&feature=share

pretty obvious that this was an inside job, marathon runner clearly states that officials declared there was a bomb drill going on
So a random guy somehow identifies people on the roof as "bomb spotters" and they have bomb sniffing dogs prior to the race (crazy!) and all the sudden it's an inside job?

I do agree with Burnem and Araysar generally except he's being a funloving dick on purpose. The thing is that its easier to empathize because people see this as "it could have happened to me or my family" more than a bombing in Iraq. The closer it is to our daily lives the more its going to have an effect. Same reason this is tougher for us than the London tube bombing, even being much more similar to the US than Iraq, its far enough away so as not to strike the same chord. Yeah, I haven't shed any tears or lost any sleep, but I understand why there's more emotion on the east cost for Boston than for Baghdad.
Regarding Iraq, back when I was in the Army and deploying to Iraq (did 3 deployments), I was very up to date on every single event in the country. I would get upset when the media wasn't reporting what was going on. The events in Iraq had a direct effect on me and the people I knew at the time. I got out of the Army, and guess what? I stopped paying attention to it. I just don't have the energy to care about all the fucked up events going on half the world away. A bombing in the country I live in, though, is something relatable.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On topic, there is no way there is not some footage of the perps out there, with all of the media and just general closed circuit camera feeds out there. Question is, if the feds already have it, what are they doing with it now? My speculation is that this is a domestic group and this relates to tax day. Pure speculation, of course, but it seem the most likely scenario based on the timing, location, and execution of the bombing.

Also, I agree with Araysar in principle, but its a little early to be as big a dick as he is about making his point.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Please not even remotely the same
Of course not, for one, I pointed out the difference in the timing. For another, those are black people and therefor you do not personally give a shit about them, sort of the point Araysar was making earlier. When exactly was the last time some crazy white guy gunned down or bombed a bunch of black people in a public place? I am fairly certain that, outside a couple church bombings, you have to go back to Civil Rights era to find that kind of shit happening. Crazy people eating their own knows no racial prejudice, Noodles.

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe i've watched too much Spartacus recently but I hope they nail the guy to a cross. Does the state have the death penalty?

I've run Boston before and while I didn't make it down this year I will be there next year. During the race tons of kids are by the sidelines and try to high five the runners, I always made it a point to get everyone I could.

After the race in 2011 I was heading to dinner with my medal on and a random kid ran up to me looking for a high five, to know that a little kid died hits me right in the gut.

My thoughts are with everyone in Boston.

Sorry just had to vent a bit.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Also, I agree with Araysar in principle, but its a little early to be as big a dick as he is about making his point.
I also take great umbrage at the notion that there is a certain amount of time that must expire before discussing an issue or joking about it. Either it's OK to do it, or it's not OK. The passage of time does nothing to diminish or amplify the gravity of the act. Last night at a bar I heard a song being played where the lyrics were along the lines of "boom goes the dynamite" or something to that extent. This was happening while 2 flat screens were simultaneously looping Boston explosion footage. Inevitably there were 1-2 people that were groaning about it that it was too soon.

So my question is what's the formula for determining how long do we have to wait before we make jokes about it?

9/11 was at least a year. But make a joke about it now and no one will even raise an eyebrow.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Maybe i've watched too much Spartacus recently but I hope they nail the guy to a cross. Does the state have the death penalty?

I've run Boston before and while I didn't make it down this year I will be there next year. During the race tons of kids are by the sidelines and try to high five the runners, I always made it a point to get everyone I could.

After the race in 2011 I was heading to dinner with my medal on and a random kid ran up to me looking for a high five, to know that a little kid died hits me right in the gut.

My thoughts are with everyone in Boston.

Sorry just had to vent a bit.
MA banned the death penalty in 1984, but this would probably be prosecuted as a federal crime anyways if they caught the person.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If it was any kind of legit terror group they'd have claimed credit by now, so odds are its one unaffiliated domestic crazy who spends lot of time alone on the internet (my vote) or some redneck militia group protesting B. Hussein Obongo taking their guns away / letting fags marry / being black (part of me wants this to be true for irony's sake)

In either case they will find a copy of Call of Duty. Hell, even if its an actual Al-Quada sleeper cell they will find Call of Duty discs littering their bunker. It's like that Chappelle bit about cops shooting a guy and sprinkling crack on his corpse. Case solved.

Meanwhile, the conspiracy theorists are already jizzing themselves over the opportunity to spread their message to more impressionable morons. It's funny that Alex Jones was so quick to cry "false flag! the gubmint did it!' when an infinitely more believable "false flag" scenario is that he did it to draw in more nutbag followers.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think anyone has been out of line so far except maybe General Affordable Care Act, but I glossed over those pages.

Just because this is a "tragedy" and people don't agree with each other about the scope, magnitude, importance, etc. doesn't mean this place is a cesspool and people need to be banned.