Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
IMPEACH_BOBO_THE_FLEEBAGGER hippiesol . 25 minutes ago ?
I am starting to get the feeling that the media is trying to back track on the Saudi national part of this story, this better not turn into another Benghazi situation with this CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION tries to steer this attack away from MUSLlMS being involved !!!!!! This is exactly what we need stations like CBS showing these security tapes to see who the terrorist is with our own eyes !!!! It just sounds to me like BOBO & his FLEEBAGGING[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */CR00K friends are going to try to pull the same sht BOBO did with the Ft. Hood mass sh00ting terrorist attack, try to keep the MUSLlM part out of the news !!!!!! Go get the facts media & don't pay any attention to the RACIST MUSLlM in the White House trying to tell you how tocover the story !!!!!!!

khalid

Unelected Mod
IMPEACH_BOBO_THE_FLEEBAGGER hippiesol . 25 minutes ago ?
Dude, who fucking cares? Some random fucking poster on the internet has a conspiracy theory and you have to rush here to tell us? Take your politics to the politics thread. Jesus, I know in every fucking thread you have to do your duty and mock republicans but really, we get it.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Why are the counts always dead and injured? There is a pretty damn big gap between "multiple cuts and bruises" and "holy shit where did my legs go." It makes you read "2 dead 150 injured" and just think "oh, 2 people died," yet tons more lives are massively altered by the loss of a limb or other more severe damage. I think it's an injustice to those not killed but whose lives have been hugely impacted by life-changing injuries.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I also take great umbrage at the notion that there is a certain amount of time that must expire before discussing an issue or joking about it. Either it's OK to do it, or it's not OK. The passage of time does nothing to diminish or amplify the gravity of the act. Last night at a bar I heard a song being played where the lyrics were along the lines of "boom goes the dynamite" or something to that extent. This was happening while 2 flat screens were simultaneously looping Boston explosion footage. Inevitably there were 1-2 people that were groaning about it that it was too soon.

So my question is what's the formula for determining how long do we have to wait before we make jokes about it?

9/11 was at least a year. But make a joke about it now and no one will even raise an eyebrow.
Different people have different thresholds. Personally, I have no problem with jokes being made instantly, but I am quite the asshole and do not expect other people to have as thick a skin as I do. Generally speaking, I like to wait at least until the main facts are in before cracking some jokes, at least with people who are not like minded. Some people have such tender vaginas that no amount of time is going to be enough, but fuck those pussies as far as I am concerned.

Also, Kruegen is spot on, imo.

Cybsled

The only reason more aren't dead is because they always have swarms of doctors/emt/etc on hand to deal with marathon related health issues. People were literally getting treatment within moments after the blast as a result, which was critical considering the traumatic injuries. Had there not been as many trained people nearby, this would easily be a double or triple digit death toll.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I see no bannable offenses.
tumblr_m2l8gqbIHs1r43l2mo1_400.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I called black people that shoot and kill other black people a American Inventor, if that isn't the ducking definition them ban me now.

I have black friends and colleagues who don't do that shit.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've already hidden two people on facebook from this. One for basically "everyone clutch your guns tightly and BE AFRAID" (I was tempted to post "yeah I shot three bombs on the way to work this morning" but that's just fighting derp with more derp because I know that's not what he meant - still funny though!) and the other for your garden variety "this wouldn't happen if we didn't have a American Inventor moslim president"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Here's the pic my buddy took 10 minutes before it went off. Pretty sure he would've been seriously injured or killed.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Its called Patriotism Arayser. This shit doesn't happen in America every day, or every other day, or every week. Its not supposed to happen here, period. Who gives a fuck about Iraq? Every day those assholes are killing themselves, suicide bombing churches and coffee shops, and raping people in mass groups. There is a huge difference between that country, and ours. We care, because if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere. That means we have the potential to be the next victim. Will it happen anytime soon? Probably not, but you can't be sure.

So, thats why we care. It direct relates to us, and we see American's, including children, being injured in this attack, and it strikes a nerve. When it happens in Iraq, we expect it. Its not expected here. We assume it was an attack on our nation, one that we've been raised from Day 1 to love and defend. That is why it is different when shit happens here, instead of Iraq. This was a national tragedy, which we still have no idea for whom is responsible.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
When we all have one of these crimes and "terrorism" will be easier to solve.
edit: malware warning from this pic of google glass eyes or whatever

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
"Can white people say American Inventor?"

Few will know the awkwardness of the time I took a black history class I was the only white person in the class. We where watching roots at the part where they where whipping kunta kinte. The whole class of black people was laughing but I just couldn't laugh at that.