Boston Marathon Explosion - Today's Topics: Public Schools

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I feel like the only way you could escape after doing this is if you caught a flight outside the US immediately after detonation. And if you went overseas I can only assume that when you got to immigration you'd be taken there.

I just don't see how it'd be possible to drop off a package in an area like that and detonate it within a minute of dropping it off and not get caught.
Or going deep, deep underground and not surfacing for like 6 months and THEN fleeing the country.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Unless you believe a single person was able to drop off a backpack in one spot, go and retrieve a second one, drop that one off, and manage to get far away enough from the scene without getting blown up themselves. All without anyone in the enormous crowd saying, "Hey, why the fuck is there a backpack sitting there?"

There's almost no possible way this was a single person acting alone.
Both situations are possible. But I think it's more likely that there's one person per bomb.

Caliane

dont forget.
"hey watch my bag for me" is going to work about 100% of the time, in hiding an unattended bag. People are inherently trustful.

that said, if you do that, and that person survives, they can ID you. but on the other hand, it also pretty much means that person will be taking that bomb point blank.
I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that is exactly what happened with the 8yr old, family.
A family would be an ideal target. they won't be as likely to try stealing the bag, or looking in it.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sitting back now and using our brains yeah, but easily could just have assumed nobody would take notice, since there was a million people there and most were watching the race, if it was me id bank alot on me getting away would be due to the massive amounts of people around you dont really stick out.
I was specifically talking about written materials that could be recovered as evidence after the detonation. But Tuco is spot on about the no escape part. Even if they did fly someplace with no extradition, there would be a drone waiting to ram a hellfire up the guy's ass when he left the airport. If there was an escape plan in place, then its more likely domestic as these militia nut jobs probably think they can get away with it. Hell, they think they can successfully rebel against the US Government with nothing but a few AR14s and a confederate flag. Islamic terrorists tend to go into these situations knowing they are likely going to get caught (or die) ahead of time and do not generally have an exit plan and are instead more focused on successfully pulling off their attack plan. That's a generalization, but its a fairly accurate one.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Both situations are possible. But I think it's more likely that there's one person per bomb.
This. The bombs they are discussing are simply too heavy for one person to be handling two of them for any prolonged period without drawing suspicion. As for those two dudes in matching pants and headsets, my guess is they are undercover LEOs working the event which is why they are standing behind the crowd most of the time. The bombers are going to want to be in the crowd looking for a good place to plant the devices.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This. The bombs they are discussing are simply too heavy for one person to be handling two of them for any prolonged period without drawing suspicion. As for those two dudes in matching pants and headsets, my guess is they are undercover LEOs working the event which is why they are standing behind the crowd most of the time. The bombers are going to want to be in the crowd looking for a good place to plant the devices.
That was my opinion of those two. They have undercover or off duty written all over them. The only other people that would dress like that are militia though. Definitely not "terrorists" of the Middle East variety.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
why would undercovers be dressing in khaki fatigues and combat boots? how is that "undercover" when you're making yourself look like an off duty blackwater contractor?

also why would the "headset" be so obvious? undercovers use the ones from clear plastic, flush against the skin, so you cant tell he is wearing an ear piece. this guy looks like he's got half a panasonic earbuds dangling out of his ear.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You guys really make a lot of assumptions and have way too much certainty and surprise.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So any info on who this guy is yet? I'm curious to see what kind of nut he turns out to be since the location seems so arbitrary. Not a government building or military base. No financial institution, religious ceremony or abortion clinic. I suppose it's similar to the Times Square attempt a few year ago?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
why would undercovers be dressing in khaki fatigues and combat boots? how is that "undercover" when you're making yourself look like an off duty blackwater contractor?
Because a decent amount of people dress like that? Because sometimes LEO are just plain idiot blockheads.

They look more like off duty military to me than anything else.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
"To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance." What vague, meaningless whaargarble. The ricin shit sounds like someone trolling us all. I bet it's not even connected.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Because a decent amount of people dress like that? Because sometimes LEO are just plain idiot blockheads.

They look more like off duty military to me than anything else.
decent amount?? you just said yourself it would be either undercovers or militia, thats a tiny subgroup of people at a boston marathon. decent amount of people in Georgia maybe, not in boston, MA.

you're trolling super hard for a fight today bro, what's eating away at you?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So any info on who this guy is yet? I'm curious to see what kind of nut he turns out to be since the location seems so arbitrary. Not a government building or military base. No financial institution, religious ceremony or abortion clinic. I suppose it's similar to the Times Square attempt a few year ago?
no its more similar to the olympic bombing. both were massive public sports events. both had extremely low amounts of deaths but very high amounts of wounded, both used a similar bomb, both times the bombers didnt take credit for the bombing.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
decent amount?? you just said yourself it would be either undercovers or militia, thats a tiny subgroup of people at a boston marathon. decent amount of people in Georgia maybe, not in boston, MA.

you're trolling super hard for a fight today bro, what's eating away at you?
How am I trolling here? I am just saying what they look like to me. Meh, I am no expert. I don't have a cock in this fight. I think those two dudes look like undercover LEO or off duty military and if a gun was put to my head I would say off duty military. That's it. You don't need to respond. You don't need to care. Just what I think is all.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
State Police is swarming MIT right now. Some are reporting that the suspect is a possible student.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Young angry nerdy guy still looking like a strong pick, my horse is going strong!

Far right winger was still a safe bet though. They are the group that seems to be most angry with the world right now. People like to point out how liberals were the terrorists of the 60s and 70s... well this isn't the 60s or 70s.