Boxing

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just saw this gif, good timing to mention Floyd's speed/reaction times.

TxpsDJ9.gif

TxpsDJ9.gif

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
FMM is a great predictor of punches you can not beat him fighting in straight line he well eat your shit up. You need to overload that great boxing computer with multi angles feints and punches from odd angles plus be blessed with great hand speed and even better foot speed. So basically no one on the planet earth closest would be Manny but I have hard believing he is going to make it back from the career ender KO JMM put on him as it was far different then the one Rustico put on him. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKJscbGM638) I knew the Ghost had no chance easy money straight line slow of foot very predictable fighter very Hatton like good but not at the elite level and no where near the best of the best.

K13R

Pac v Rios set gor nov. I thought he would take a softer touch in mike alvarado. Got hand it to him he got some big balls.. fighting a young lion who has a great chin fearless and has good enough power to get you out there. He well defenity test pacs chin and heart. If pacs got anything left in the tank rios well get it out of him.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think rios is actually the safer fighter for manny. He doesn't do a whole lot and comes forward which makes him very easy to hit. I think rios gets KOed. Alverado would of been a tougher fight for manny IMO.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Floyd vrs Canelo sept 15!! Doesn't get much better than that.

My question is..what is a more dangerous fight or floyd this one it if he would of fought manny in his prime?

Sterling

El Presidente
Honestly feel like this fight is more dangerous. This guy is pretty big and I feel like Manny would have really struggled with the defense and counterpunching.

The fight will be huge and I can't wait but Floyd still wins handily IMO.

Canelo is too flat footed. The power is the only risk, but he has to hit him.

K13R

Another straight line powrer puncher well get more buys then the gonzo fight. risk is bout the same for fmm. it well be competive early and boring late. Highest risk for fmm its someone thats got good food and hand speed able to give multi angles and punch from uncovential spots. fmm defense is not reaction time its based on predicting correct what punch can hit him a master of distance and timing. Manny or prime manny would have been the greatest threat it just so happens manny weakness is counter punchers as seen over the jmm fights. it would have made for excting fight a toss up really. but both are scheduled to fight a persons who style takes advantage of there strengths. as you dont want to get in a fire fight with manny which rios well. and you cant beat fmm as straight line volume punchers which canelo is.

manny wins ko 6 round

flyod wins majority decision 116 112

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this is a much riskier fight for FMM than Ghost. I really believe Austin Trout is a great boxer and Canelo in my eyes did win that fight. His power is probably going to be the strongest Floyd has ever faced and Canelo does manage to land that straight right on people. His speed and timing is pretty underrated imo.. I'm not saying FLoyd will lose but to say the risk is equal to his last fight just isn't accurate. Canelo is a faster, more powerful fighter.

I really hope the Matthseye-Garcia fight gets made for Sept too. That month is looking to be pretty incredible for boxing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse are going to be on the under card of Mayweather-Canelo..

Just WOW! What an insane fucking card!!! man I can't wait

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rumor is Trout v Lara too.

aaaaaand I have a wedding that night. Feels bad.
I read that.. that's a great fight not sure how exciting it will be but great all the same. If they pull that off I might be ok with this cold war thing with GB and TR(not fully.) So far we have gotten some great matchups.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I've been watching Canelo's fights.. I'm going to go on the record and say he beats floyd. I think he will be the most powerful and aggressive fighter Floyd has fought. The one thing that always made me think Manny had a real good shot at beating Floyd, Canelo has too. He throws some really unorthodox punches from crazy angles and they land hard.

Garcia vrs the Machine is really interesting.. Nobody is giving Danny a shot and I'm not sure why.. Even Ark said it in this thread. I think Danny is going to be the much bigger fighter. He's smart and once he gets his timing down he down right lethal. It's a tough fight to call b/c he also eats a ton of right hands but I'm going to stick with my Philly boy!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
They stole his career, he says, at least a $38 million contract and who knows how much after that? They stole his good name, too. Made him admit to the world he has HIV. But that was before he found out that HIV doesn't exist. It was invented to control people, he tells you, and he can go on and on about this all day.

He takes another bite and looks at his girlfriend, a woman from England named Trisha.

"We have unprotected sex," she says.

Tommy is still chewing, but laughs.

"Every day," he says. "We're wild."

Poor Trisha.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That 2009 Mayweather v. Marquez bout was on Fight Channel the other day. Just watching again now from dvr.

Can't believe that was FOUR years ago already (Sept 19, 09).