Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Kovalev is definitely running out of guys to destroy, believe he is the 3rd best boxer in the world behind Floyd & Golovkin. Obviously them just working out a PBC deal with Haymon for the Stevenson fight would be nice. The Ward fight would be an absolutely phenomenal fight. Ward definitely has top boxer potential.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Joseph Parker destroyed his opponent today in New Zealand. Definitely looks like a potential dive, either way guy is really talented. Klitschko camp was echoing that he isn't far off, if at all, from Joshua & Wilder. Joshua fights Gary Cornish (21-0) on Sept. 12th, and is on a collision course with Dillon Whyte, an undefeated amateur rival. Whyte has some legit talent and the build up will be nice.

As for tonight, interested to see how Garcia looks at 147 for the first time. Realistically he should wax Paulie, but Paulie has some slipperiness to him and Danny really needs to show some improved tracking/cutting off the ring if being drained was truly his excuse. More excited to see if Danny Jacobs can continue his run at middleweight, after his bout with cancer & his earlier loss against one of the best fighters in the world at the time in Dmitry Pirog (who will go down as one of boxing's true hidden treasures).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Danny looked good. Was to be expected. I'd love to see him fight Broner, then move on to guys like Porter and Thurman.

Danny Jacobs vrs Quillen has always been an interesting fight to me. Really hope it gets made. All the talk is pretty positive.

Column_sl

shitlord
So watching that Showtime event last night. Junior confirmed again that it would be his last fight.

I knew that rematch was never going to happen.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't believe it. He's just trying to get a high offer for another fight. Lots of reasons he will be fighting in May.

50-0(not a real record in my book but whatever)
Huge payday
Pac will be healthy
New MGM arena that he's involved in will be open and he can be the first major event in it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Pac will be healthy
You sure that's a selling point for Mayweather fighting again? Seems to me he's more concerned with dragging around Bernie for a weekend than actually fighting another boxer. Unless you don't think his next opponent isn't a stiff and is instead a competitive fighter who will push Mayweather and show he's really still interested in something other than quick, easy, high-payday notches on his wins record. Everything I'm hearing the dude is a stiff and Mayweather should be embarrassed.

Funny interview on ESPN where they asked him about Rhonda Rousey. I don't think he really understood the 'getting beaten by a woman for a change' joke, or maybe he just didn't care. Used the opportunity to defend himself by bragging about how much money he made and how quickly. I can't ever tell if he just doesn't give a shit, is too dumb to get the finer points these days, or is just a great actor, but dude is stone-faced and glass-eyed in the face of criticism.

Is it gonna be exciting when he 'comes out of retirement for one last fight' early next year (and the next?), or will people be sick of the act by then?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Rousey stuff is just embarrassing. Floyd needs to just take the L on that one. The money comment made me cringe.

Berto was an interesting fight when he was undefeated. Now it's laughable. I was ok with the fight when it was originally suppose to be on CBS but once Floyd was told he wouldn't make as much as normally would, he nixed the idea. So yea, it's a joke. But who knows.. Tyson-Douglas??

There are some very compelling fights for Floyd if he chooses to take them. So I'd say depending on opponent would depend on how much people care but can't say you're the best ever and fight guys like Berto.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Floyd is certainly loading up on the, "This is my last fight". Which it won't be. I would bet he will angle for a Canelo-Cotto winner or Pac for #50. He can also pitch the bologna Marciano record shit to the highest bidder.

Cotto-Canelo for Nov. 21st Mandalay Bay, my body is ready.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
can't wait. Wish it wasn't so far out. Sounds like Brady-Rios is about to be made too. That's a good fight.

Talk of Thurman's next fight is possibly Khan. Hope it happens, that would be hysterical

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Marco Huck vs. Krzyzstof Glowacki for the WBO Cruiserweight Title was the fight of the year so far earlier tonight on Spike's Tarver vs. Cunningham under card. Was absolutely fantastic fight. Huck was making his 14th title defense going for the record at cruiserweight (for what it's worth). Huck floored Glowacki with a huge left-hook that almost ended the fight. Glowacki comes back in a bombs away fight with Huck up on three cards in a really close fight, and KO's Huck in the 11th with 28 seconds left. Will link highlights when they are up, was a phenomenal fight. Very surprised Huck lost.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was an awesome fight. Deserves a rematch. Polish boy just wasn't going to give up. Hick was winning on all judges cards too so he needed that KO.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, really interesting fight. I'm not one of the Rigo haters so I've been disappointed with how he's been treated after the Donaire fight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really good fight last night, LSC was just too big for Mares. LSC has never really showed me anything prior to last night that would indicate he is "special", and I don't think I would use that tag even after last night. That being said it's by far his best victory, and he showed he is a smart & accurate fighter, with what appears to be a solid chin. I'd still have him behind Loma, Walters, Russell Jr., Selby at 126 (no shame in that), but he showed he is a good fighter. Wonder if he will go back to 122 or not.

As for Mares, I don't know what he does. 126 is filthy loaded, so I think he should move back down to 122. Maybe go challenge the Donaire's, Frampton's, Quigg's of the world. I still firmly believe Donaire is #2 at 122, and think he firmly beats Mares (Donaire has way more pop, and it took an all-world boxer & a huge Walters to stop him). Huck vs. Glowacki is still my fight of the year though.