Boxing

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This is definitely part of the reason that Boxing is way less popular now versus when I was kid. And by this I mean CORRUPTION!

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's sad was there was a sentiment before the fight that Golovkin is a Vegas first timer, and isn't a household name, whereas Canelo is a star and DeLaHoya's golden boy, so he HAS to finish in order to leave victorious.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
All about that rematch money. I had it 117-111 for GGG. No way that was a draw. I expect GGG to push it like crazy next time. Fuck I wish Gennady was 30 again and not older.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is definitely part of the reason that Boxing is way less popular now versus when I was kid. And by this I mean CORRUPTION!

We never would have guessed what you were implying boss, truly truly...

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Annnnnd Kellerman asking the ultra retarded questions. Why did I fucking buy this horseshit

Ahh the days Larry Merchant would hardball fighters to their face. When a spade would get called a spade.

I respect Kellerman as a student of the game-- but he's a little too millennial safe space for me. He needs an injection of Ben Shapiro DNA.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
GGGs chin is historic. Just fucking insane. I think he paid Canelo too much respect. Just like the 11-12th out that pace on Canelo the whole fight, he'll eventually give in.

Bullshit decision aside, a very entertaining fight.

Jozu

I'm not sure if GGG could beat Floyd. I know they are in different weight classes, but they could fight at a 158 catch weight.

Floyd would just avoid the ropes and establish a steady offensive assault and pile up rounds. Gennady is too slow to get to Floyd honestly.

I feel bad for GGG. He was truly introduced to the "big drama show".

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Floyd from 3-4 years ago or younger, yeah I don't know if he beats Floyd. Then again, GGG isn't exactly young anymore either. I think GGG right this second would just outwork a 40 yr old Floyd.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Floyd from 3-4 years ago or younger, yeah I don't know if he beats Floyd. Then again, GGG isn't exactly young anymore either. I think GGG right this second would just outwork a 40 yr old Floyd.
Floyd would still beat him. Easy work

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also I watched the fight again today without the volume (no jim lampley) and it looked much better for Canelo. I still have GGG winning but not at all a robbery.

• 1Worf

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyway, I have been doing some rewatching of GGG's fights and he literally NEVER throws jabs.

I need that Jackie Chan meme.

I don't think you know what a jab is if you think GGG never throws any.

• 1Cutler

Jozu

I already admonished myself for that statement. I hadn't watched one of his fights in a while and was mostly watching the highlights of his knockouts.

He will abandon his jab and just double step you into the ropes. Or he will throw it over and over. Do you even read the thread? Lol.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Quoting for length, but this is a compilation of all the scores from prominent writers/fighters etc of the fight this weekend:
Teddy Atlas ——————————–> 118-110 GGG
Brian Campbell (CBS) ———————> 117-111 GGG
Jack Rathborn (Mirror UK) —————→ 117-111 GGG
Harold Lederman (HBO) ——————> 116-112 GGG
Dan Rafael (ESPN) ————————> 116-112 GGG
Bryan Graham (Guardian UK) ————> 116-112 GGG
Gareth Davies (UK Telegraph) ———–> 116-112 GGG
Amir Khan ———————————> 116-112 GGG
Matthew Macklin ————————–> 116-112 GGG
Steve Lillis (BoxNation) ——————→ 116-112 GGG
Bob Velin (USA Today) ——————–> 116-112 GGG
Kevin McRae (Bleacher Report) ———–> 116-112 GGG
Shaun Al-Shatti (MMA Fighting) ———→ 116-112 GGG
Ryan Frederick (Wrestling Observer) —→ 116-112 GGG
Patrick Stumberg (MMA Mania) ———→ 116-112 GGG
Kevin Mitchell (Guardian UK) ————> 116-113 GGG
Jordan Breen (Sherdog) ——————> 115-112 GGG
Kevin Iole (Yahoo) ————————> 115-113 GGG
Gary Locket ——————————→ 115-113 GGG
Will Esco (Bad Left Hook) —————–> 115-113 GGG
Phil Murphy (ESPN) ———————–> 115-113 GGG
Mike Harris (SI) —————————> 115-113 GGG
Paul Fontaine (Wrestling Observer) ——> 115-113 GGG
MMA Brazil ———————————> 115-113 GGG
Sean Sheehan (Severe MMA) ————→ 115-113 GGG
Rob Tatum (Combat Press) —————→ 115-113 GGG
Patrick Wyman (Bleacher Report) ———> 115-113 GGG
Joel Diaz ————————————> 115-113 GGG
Max Kellerman__________________> 115:113 GGG
Dave Moretti (judge) ______________> 115:113 GGG
Lennox Lewis ——————————> Golovkin
Austin Trout ——————————–> Golovkin
Danny Jacobs_________________> Golovkin
Enzo Macarenelli —————————> Golovkin
James Brady (SB Nation) ——————> Golovkin
Terence Crawford —————————> Golovkin
Sergio Martinez —————————–> Golovkin
Liam Smith ———————————> Golovkin
Peter Quillin ——————————–> Golovkin
Liam Williams ——————————> Golovkin
Ohara Davies ——————————→ Golovkin
Luke Campbell —————————–> Golovkin
Dave Coldwell ——————————> Golovkin
Badou Jack ———————————> Golovkin
Kevin Kelly ————————→ Golovkin
Dana White ________________> Golovkin
Steve Kim ———————————–> Golovkin
Doug Fischer ——————————–> Golovkin
Ring TV Cynthia Conte, M.Rosenthal———————→ Golovkin
Michael Montero —————————→ Golovkin
Joe Rogan (UFC) —————————→ Golovkin
Jim Rome (sports broadcaster) ————> Golovkin
Kovalev ————————————→ Golovkin
Chavez Jr ———————————–> Golovkin
Don trella (judge) _________________________> 114:114 Draw
Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News) —→ 114-114 Draw
Gilbert Manzano (Denver Post) ———–> 114-114 Draw
Boxing Clever (Seen) ———————> 114-114 Draw
Associated Press ————————–> 114-114 Draw
Lance Pugmire (LA Times) —————→ 114-114 Draw
Chris Mannix (Yahoo) ———————> 114-114 Draw
Roy jones jr.____________________> 114:114 Draw
Kenny Porter ——————————> 114-114 Draw
Tommy hearns __________________> 114:114 Draw
De La Hoya ——————————–> 115-113 Canelo
Bernard Hopkins ————————–> 115-113 Canelo
Erik Morales ——————————→ 116-112 Canelo
Chavez Sr ———————————> 116:112 Canelo
Adalaide Byrd (Judge) _____________> 118:110 Canelo

I'm seeing a trend. Note how the Canelo promoters scored for Canelo & Chavez, a Mexican.

I'm saddened that GGG didn't fully get his moment, and I question if it comes because Golden Boy can be floppy as fuck.. But I do believe at least now the sporting world knows GGG is the true star.

edit: Canelo-Golovkin: NSAC to bench judge following controversial scorecard Looks like Byrd has been sat down. It's a start, but I never trust athletic commissions so, it could all be just talk.

Last edited:

Jozu

Yea this reminds me of the C.J Ross fiasco a few years back. She was also an atrocious judge, she ruined the Bradley Pacquiao fight, scoring for Bradley, which was pivotal in him getting the nod in a controversial fight that Pacuiao clearly won. She also scored the Mayweather - Pacquiao fight a DRAW. LOL. She also had a questionable card in the Mayweather - Canelo fight, which caused her to retire in shame.

At least she retired.

Its very rare indeed that the NSAC would bench a judge. It never happens. They didnt outright can her,as she is married to Old Man Robert Byrd, who is the referee who did the Mayweather vs McGregor fight. She has had a few questionable calls on some fights over the past 3 years. She miscalled the Alvarez Trout fight, as well as a handful of other fights that really made you scratch your head. She has over 115 title fights on her resume and has been competent at times, I remember her rendering more than a few agreeable cards. But alas, they are making her "catch her breath".

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This fucking moron is literally the only person on the planet that had it 118:110. Adalaide Byrd needs to be hooked up to a lie detector and asked, "Are you incompetent or are you crooked?" Those are you two choices.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Canelo-GGG did 1.3 million PPV buys, which is really a great number considering this was a non-Mayweather/Pacquiao/De La Hoya/Tyson fight. The gate came in third all-time. So it brought in a ton of money, and it's going to make the rematch that much likelier. Not too mention, the Mayweather-McGregor fight won't be three weeks in front of it stealing steam. Could approach 1.6-1.7 next May.

Mayweather-McGregor came in at 4.4 million buys, just short of the 4.6 million for May-Pac.

Really solid slate of HW fights upcoming as well. Wilder-Ortiz is a very, very good matchup. Not to mention the legendary Lomachenko-Rigondeaux duel in Dec.

21767932_10150988804399963_2195384705607874900_n.jpg