Boxing

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Blitz Blitz fabtastic card this weekend on Showtime. Really excited to see Charlo and Lubin.
Yeah really solid stuff tonight. I was watching some more Lubin this week before the fight tonight. I'm not sure what to make of him yet; is he not having to show tons of technique yet just because his opposition isn't even remotely near his level, or is he maybe a little over-heralded? Very much an interesting fight. Wondering if Charlo may just be too big and battle tested, similar to the Julian Williams - Jermall Charlo fight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Well, thoughts confirmed. Charlo's aren't perfect, but you better be battle tested before you get in there. These guys spar day in and day out with the likes of Lara and Spence Jr. Bred in a gym full of really strong and superior fighters/athletes.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crawford officially moved up to welterweight today. Best division in boxing right now. Hopefully these promoters can keep bridging the gaps to make better fights. I'd love to see Crawford vrs guys like Thurman and Spence

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ah nice, that's a good move. I really wanna see how truly great he is against the elite welterweights. I think he is phenomenal, but if there was any question, it's that he hasn't exactly fought "elite-elite" competition. Which is to no fault of his own. I have him #3 P4P currently.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
^ Saddened I had to miss the fight, had to prep for Halloween festivities... Damn women.

He's a monster, that's for sure.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wilder almost killed a fat and out of shape Stiverne last night. It's a shame, Stiverne was actually a solid fighter when he was younger. Good amateur career etc. A showdown with Anthony Joshua in the first half of 2018 (at worst Sept. 2018) is on a collision course. I favor Joshua, but either of these guys could put one another to sleep on one punch.

Not that it is saying much, but I think it would have to be the most looked forward to heavyweight bout since Lewis - Tyson in '02. At least to the American public.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wilder almost killed a fat and out of shape Stiverne last night. It's a shame, Stiverne was actually a solid fighter when he was younger. Good amateur career etc. A showdown with Anthony Joshua in the first half of 2018 (at worst Sept. 2018) is on a collision course. I favor Joshua, but either of these guys could put one another to sleep on one punch.

Not that it is saying much, but I think it would have to be the most looked forward to heavyweight bout since Lewis - Tyson in '02. At least to the American public.

Dat boi murder...

Can you be too good at something and be incarcerated for it? This guy seems like he's testing that hypothesis.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Joshua vs. Parker March 31st & Wilder vs. Ortiz March 3rd.

A really nice set of heavyweight fights. Hope it's essentially a tourney for the winners to fight and completely unify, although you never can count Tyson Fury out.

Errol Spence fights Lamont Peterson this Sautrday on Showtime. Definitely recommended. Should be another great showing by one of the sports very best, young fighters in Spence. Peterson is no slouch either.

As far as GGG-Canelo news goes, Oscar De La Hoya is still a bitch and hopefully it gets done soon. This is boxing though, so you always have to be prepared for absolute disappointment.

26677823_1438259332963022_5601911602150365757_o.jpg

WilderOrtiz_Announcement.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So that Wilder-Ortiz fight was some ultra entertaining shit. Holy fuck.

Very refreshing to see two recent heavyweight fights be so damn entertaining (Joshua-Klitschko & Wilder-Ortiz).

Salivating at the potential Joshua-Wilder fight.

Also, Dmitry Bivol, Light Heavyweights new world destroyer apparently looked absolutely incredible against a very good opponent in Sullivan Barrera.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sorry but Wilder would get thrashed by Joshua.

Wilder has a suspect chin. I know Joshua was almost knocked out himself, but that was against Wlad Klitschko not some fat latino.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sorry but Wilder would get thrashed by Joshua.

Wilder has a suspect chin. I know Joshua was almost knocked out himself, but that was against Wlad Klitschko not some fat latino.

Sincerely felt. That being said, Ortiz is actually a pretty damn good fighter. Tons of amateur experience, and just waited way too long to move pro. Dude is a legit, but sadly older. For all that Wilder lacks (he makes tons of technical flaws), he has absolutely outstanding understanding of timing and has big-time power. He took some really big shots from Ortiz, who has absolutely steamrolled some decent fighters. Ortiz blasted (KO'd) Bryant Jennings, an opponent who Klitschko never really hurt and went to a decision with.

Canelo fails drug test ahead of GGG rematch

That's some big time news. Fight is still on, but no way Canelo wins that PR battle. Could help explain why he can cut such massive weight, and retain such a high-level of muscle.

Jozu

He only tested positive for that because of some tainted mexican tacos he ate. Seriously, he said he unknowingly ingested the substance because he ate tainted "meat".

De La Hoya waived off the positive test as an anomaly, and promised that Canelo will be moving his camp from Mexico to the US to get away from that pesky Clenbuterol tainted meat! The fight apparently will still go on, lol. Canelo said he will be vindicated as he vows to not fail any more tests going forward, and said the result was not any cheating effort, but just a mistake.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Oscar de la Hoya is arguably the shadiest motherfucker in boxing. Holy shit!

Just watching that guy talk makes me sick. Do they go to a special school to get that shady? Da fuk?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

That's what happens when you become a promoter.

Bob Arum and Don King were legendary shit bags.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

I read a pretty cool and long article by a former promoter about that Wilder vs Ortiz fight with a pretty good explanation, from a promoter standpoint, as to why the fight happened, why Ortiz would lose, and why Joshua would win against Wilder down the road. If you think this stuff is not almost totally rigged because there is waaaaaay too much money at stake to leave it all to sport's glorious uncertainty, I'll let you ponder over the fact that at the time Wilder knocked Ortiz down, the judges had Wilder ahead...

The funny thing is that, even after reading that article, it's still a good show, because while they gave the aging Ortiz the payday he was in danger of never getting, there still is the slim chance that, through a mix of pride and greed, he decides to make his own payday by betting on himself (something you can actually try these days with only minimal risk of ending at the bottom of the Hudson).