Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't believe Ortiz at any point was trying to throw that fight, and if he was he certainly risked it by absolutely hammering Wilder in the middle rounds (which seems to be backed up by slo-mo replays of Ortiz landing significant shots). As for promoters, no doubt. If that fight goes the distance, Wilder wins no matter what. Too much money in play for the boxing commissions and promoters etc.

I'd also "throw caution to the wind" on the author of that article, Charles Farrell. He writes very entertaining articles, and I certainly don't doubt the "insider" knowledge he has, but he definitely stinks of "Fight Game hipster". He most famously claimed https://deadspin.com/the-greatest-boxer-alive-is-too-good-for-his-sport-1721737812, in which he is referring to Guillermo Rigondeaux. A no-doubt, phenomenal fighter, but one with red flags at the time that indicated he was not on the level of Andre Ward or Floyd Mayweather among others (which was proven correct after Lomachenko absolutely destroyed Rigondeaux). https://deadspin.com/mediocrity-has-revitalized-boxings-heavyweight-division-1766814195 in this article he sings the praises of Luis Ortiz, so maybe some sour grapes? Who knows. He has certainly misevaluated fighters on multiple occasions, and doesn't like to admit he is wrong. The guy can definitely write, but he is a little ridiculous in some of his attempts at grabbing eyeballs.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Watching the fight, I was impressed by the way Ortiz moved and his technical approach - definitely a smart boxer and for his size/age in damn good shape. I thought Wilder was going down in the seventh - Wilder said after the fight he was off balance but never hurt.

Wilder needs to show more than wingspan + hammer, his footwork is awful. Ortiz had to push because he knew he wasn’t going to get the decision, and Wilder waited for him to get tired trying to work inside. He won’t have that luxury with Joshua.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Wilder is a flailing arm champ. That shit just looks retarded to watch. I am really hoping that Joshua destroys him so we don't have to watch it twice.

WG3IETu.gif

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, he’s a brawler - but he could be a damn good boxer if he didn’t rely solely on his reach and power. Don’t know how the guy in that link criticized Wilder’s power before the match - even if it’s ugly his left hand jab/snap hook has proven to be effective and his straight right is devastating when he lands it. Hell the overhand right hurt Ortiz.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker as we speak!

T-minus 36 minutes until Joshua vs. Wilder?!

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Good fight between Joshua and Parker. I was thinking Joshua would gas out by the end, but the dude looked like he could box another 12... Joshua vs. Wilder, c'mon already!

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Deontay Wilder literally just told a radio show host he wants to catch a body in the ring and was dead serious.

Great guy.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
His draw should be a W, considering Canelo was probably on the stuff in that fight just avoided pissing hot.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Canelo vs. GGG II has fallen through again. Golden Boy are some mega-pussies.

Apparently Canelo will fight Danny Jacobs now. Can't wait for Canelo to lose to Danny, ready for this fucking fraud to catch another official L.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
GBP issues deadline, ultimatum for GGG-Canelo rematch

GBP has come back with a "57.5%/42.5%" split in favor of Canela. GGG should take that. That's 7.5% higher than the original May sheet, and that's $20+ million for sure. You've earned that. I know it's unfair considering Canela's failed test, and in a perfect world it should be 50-50... But take that shit. Take it and run. Do it for your family. The best revenge you can have is a decisive and clear 2nd win.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea. I want to see that fight one more time.

Joshua-Wilder sounds done too!

• 1Like