Boxing

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice, I turned it on in the middle of the 3rd and was hooked till the end. Boxing really doesn't excite me that much anymore but that fight was amazing, how was the undercard?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fantastic. I'd check the whole card out if you have ondemand. The wilder fight was fun and the kid Choclate fight was the best out of the 3

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is this happening? RJJ needs a life coach. He's forty-fucking-five.

"The reason for this fight here with Bobby Gunn is to get myself a bit of a tuneup because I haven't fought in a over a year, and I want to be ready for Anderson Silva in case he beats [Chris] Weidman," Jones told ESPN.com. "Silva has made it clear that if he wins, he wants me next. I'm here for him.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is this happening? RJJ needs a life coach. He's forty-fucking-five.

"The reason for this fight here with Bobby Gunn is to get myself a bit of a tuneup because I haven't fought in a over a year, and I want to be ready for Anderson Silva in case he beats [Chris] Weidman," Jones told ESPN.com. "Silva has made it clear that if he wins, he wants me next. I'm here for him.
lol yea. I found out yesterday he was fighting. I'm going to go see it. Place is like 15mins from my house in Philly.

He doesn't need the money tho. Some guys just can't give up the sport. They love the competition.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPOILERS - Donaire vs. Darchinyan/Garcia vs. Martinez Full Show GIFs : Boxing

Vanes+Martirosyan+vs.+Demetrius+Andrade+3.gif

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched the 30 for 30, "No Mas". They tried to answer the question, "why did Duran quit?"

At the end of the documentary, current day Duran says he quit because he was sick to his stomach from weight cut and food before the fight. Watching it all unfold though, it is pretty clear that Leonard broke him mentally. In rounds 1-6 Leonard dominated and frustrated him. In round 7 Leonard clowned him. Duran lost his mind in the 8th, said fuck it, "no mas".

Sugar Ray comes out smelling like roses from this documentary. His forgiveness to Duran, who still to this day believes his own lie, was the most impactful sequence in the documentary. The forgiveness part is important, because Duran robbed Leonard of a "legitimate" victory that was truly well deserved and earned.

Duran has been answering the same question every day of his life since and will to his grave. Pride can be quite the burden to carry.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was a great documentary. I think he quit for the same reasons. That said Duran was a monster. I would of loved to see SRL vrs Mayweather today. I'd give SRL the edge.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Duran had his entire country riding on his shoulders. He was the one that made it personal, with attacks on Leonard. He knew, he could not lose, or "his life" was essentially over...

When he realized the fight got a point he not only was not going to win, but he was also going to be humiliated in the loss, he said "no mas".

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Duran had his entire country riding on his shoulders. He was the one that made it personal, with attacks on Leonard. He knew, he could not lose, or "his life" was essentially over...

When he realized the fight got a point he not only was not going to win, but he was also going to be humiliated in the loss, he said "no mas".
yea, SRL didn't need an explanation. He just wanted one lol.. Regardless of what Duran says, he quit.. Most boxers fight hurt.. A lot of them come into a fight with an injury.. A guy like Duran who was tough as nails probably could of sucked up a missing limb and went 15 rounds.. He was tough physically but wasn't prepared mentally which is so underrated in that sport.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched the 30 for 30, "No Mas". They tried to answer the question, "why did Duran quit?"

At the end of the documentary, current day Duran says he quit because he was sick to his stomach from weight cut and food before the fight. Watching it all unfold though, it is pretty clear that Leonard broke him mentally. In rounds 1-6 Leonard dominated and frustrated him. In round 7 Leonard clowned him. Duran lost his mind in the 8th, said fuck it, "no mas".

Sugar Ray comes out smelling like roses from this documentary. His forgiveness to Duran, who still to this day believes his own lie, was the most impactful sequence in the documentary. The forgiveness part is important, because Duran robbed Leonard of a "legitimate" victory that was truly well deserved and earned.

Duran has been answering the same question every day of his life since and will to his grave. Pride can be quite the burden to carry.
If you don't mind, Fight - Where'd you see it / what's it called? Sounds awesome.

Edit:
Oh wait, that's those ESPN series' right?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HBO recently did gatti-ward legendary night which is amazing. Actually all the legendary nights are awesome!

That whole card was boring as fuck except for the main event, which was essentially a glorified spar. I'm not sure if Pac still has it, if he can beat beat up Bradley and Provodnikov, we may be able to get the 2009 hype of a superfight with him and Mayweather.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Personally I think it would still be huge if it happen in May. The biggest PPV of all time. Pac doesn't need more fights.. Anyone who follows boxing knows he beat Bradley and Marquez essentially landed a lucky shot while Manny was trying to finish him.