Boxing

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Manny would lose to Mayweather unless he drops everything else in his life and dedicates himself to the sport.

Column_sl

shitlord
They would need to hurry the fuck up because both boxers are right on the edge of there age limits.

It's never going to happen tho.

This is still the greatest boxer who ever lived he was just stupid like Jordan, and kept boxing after his prime was over.
If he would have just retired when he took the Heavyweight Championship there would be no contest for greatest that ever lived.
It's like a sickness with these athletes to keep going when they can't keep up anymore.

Unless you are freak like Foreman, and can hit so hard in your 40's that you can lift motherfuckers off the mat.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Manny has $300,000,000 now. So, i would concentrate my life on doing what Artie Lange suggested a while back. Go somewhere warm, fence off a couple of acres and see just how much pussy you can cram in there for the retirement party. There are at least 20,000 18-22 year olds in Ann Arbor looking to party. I'd be happy to start organizing said event.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Roy was amazing. I wouldn't say Best of all time but certainly up there. He was the best lightheavy of all time for me tho.

As for manny..I never thought he could beat floyd either but his style makes the fight interesting. The older he gets the less chance he has. He just isn't the same buzz saw he was...

It's rumored he has some money issues btw... That's probably why he will be fighting for years. I know he takes advances on his purse. I'm guessing he dumped a ton of money into his and his wife's political campaigns plus all the people he takes care of. Shit adds up.

Column_sl

shitlord
I miss the 90's, some of the best boxing I have ever seen, and there was some much coverage.

Everything from seeing up comers on USA fights to HBO.

I've enjoyed MMA, but it will never have the class of Pugilism.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
90's had some great fighters but honestly this year has just been amazing for Boxing.. There were so many awesome fights that were made. People can say what they want about Floyd and Manny but they raised the bar and for new fighters to even come close to their status they will have to take some risks.. I think Boxing is in a good place right now and can only get better if the networks and promoters start working together. The heavyweight Division is about to explode with a lot of new talent as well. Which always beings in the casual. Looking forward to another great year of fights.

Sterling

El Presidente
My favorite Roy moment was when he crushed Virgil Hill. Hill is a legit HoF multiple weight class multi belt having fighter and he literally gave him a single body shot and he crumbled like a sack of potatoes. Fucking amazing shit. Personally I really like that there's a bunch of talent in the light-middle weight ranges that's the sweetspot as far as I'm concerned. Small enough for plenty of speed/action and big enough for some real power. Watch some Straw weight fights and you'll see a huge difference. It might not be the 80s with Leanord, Duran, Haggler etc but it's still good shit.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a killer shot. I've read a few jornalist who were there live say till this day it's the best shot they've ever seen/heard. Roy had it all.

I think from 140 to 146 is really exciting too. Even the middleweights to light heavy. There are guys like GGG who could go up or down. So many potential fights to be made. Hoping we see Stevenson-Kovalev next year. Probably get to see Cotto-Sergio too. If we are luck maybe GGG will get one of those guys and who knows what Ward will do.

The 140-146 have a ton of potential fights. Guys like Garcia, Broner and Thurman add so much excitement to a long list of awesome fighters. If I had my wish floyd would fight manny next and take on one of those guys after they fought each other.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hmmmm...

they are now 'chess boxing'.
in india.
for some reason.

_71425109_71425107.jpg

_71425280_71425279.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still hoping it's not true. The guy doesn't deserve it and it's a pretty bad business decision by Floyd if it is.. Khan doesn't bring a fan base.. Maybe some rabid UK fans but not even close to a Ricky Hatton level.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Broner got his ass beat last night.. I gotta say.. I really enjoyed watching that. lol