Boxing

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Who has better chances to land the knockout punch: Wilder against Fury or McGregor against Mayweather?

The puncher always has a chance, but we know these guys are outmatched by every other metric.

Not sure if serious, but Wilder knocking out Fury just is unlikely while McGregor knocking out Mayweather would require a miracle

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if serious, but Wilder knocking out Fury just is unlikely while McGregor knocking out Mayweather would require a miracle

I was being a little facetious, yes.

I'd clarify your statement:
Wilder knocking out Fury will require a small miracle, while McGregor knockout out Mayweather would require a large miracle.

Wilder appears like to have amateur boxing skill in this matchup. He has a chance, but he's praying for an opening.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Wilder could not take a single step forward and walk backwards from now until the fight and he'd still not be comfortable enough to deal with being put on his back foot the whole fight.

Outside of a punchers chance, it's a no win situation for Wilder. If he keeps the weight he put on then we see a carbon copy repeat of the second fight. If he cuts back down then it's even worse since he'll be easier to bully by a 270+ pound fury.

Wilder is a victim of the era, he rose mostly fighting heavyweight contenders that came out of the dark ages of the Klitschko brothers. These guys would've barely qualified for a spot in the bum of the month club in a tougher era. Though credit to Wilder, he'll always be dangerous, but at 34, he doesn't have the time to pick up the boxing skills he needs to compete with guys like Fury and Joshua (when he decides to box). At best, he's this generations pre-Ali Foreman.

In other boxing matches, watching Chocolatito knock out Yafai last Saturday was satisfying as hell. I've hated muslim fighters, especially british muslim fighters, since I was a kid and watched Prince Nas. Nas v Barrera is still my favorite fight of all time because of that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
At best, he's this generations pre-Ali Foreman.

In other boxing matches, watching Chocolatito knock out Yafai last Saturday was satisfying as hell. I've hated muslim fighters, especially british muslim fighters, since I was a kid and watched Prince Nas. Nas v Barrera is still my favorite fight of all time because of that shit.

He's a step or two below Foreman, easily. Foreman was an absolute word-destroying puncher with both hands and multiple punches and has some massive wins against elite talent at heavyweight. But the sentiment is not wrong. The only time Wilder has shown to "box" off his back foot was against Stiverne I. He did a good job, but Stiverne is really far from an elite opponent.

Chocolatito looked good this weekend. I was one of the few who adamantly never saw Chocolatito as a P4P #1, or really top 3-5 for that matter. He's always been a fun fighter though. Choco should go get blasted out by Inoue for a few million. Prince Naseem, was a phenomenal marketer although I get why people thought dude was annoying. He had the same schtick as McGregor etc. Naseem was an incredibly talented physical fighter, but that dude was never in the gym. It showed during the Barrera fight.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
if wilder comes out in the long side stance with the big right loaded up he is getting knocked out again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's a step or two below Foreman, easily. Foreman was an absolute word-destroying puncher with both hands and multiple punches and has some massive wins against elite talent at heavyweight.

Not to mention Foreman had one of the most epic career comebacks in the history of sports. Winning a championship at 45? God damn.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Tyson is making a come back. Watching this.. fuck that, even at 53 I wouldn't go anywhere near this beast.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They’ll put him against garbage people and the first person with any skill will put him down again.

I love me some Mike Tyson, but that’s how it’ll happen.

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
They’ll put him against garbage people and the first person with any skill will put him down again.
Heard some rumors Lennox Lewis was coming back too. The real money move to get set him up with another dinosaur and see what happens. I'd watch Lewis v Tyson 2 for sure

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Heard some rumors Lennox Lewis was coming back too. The real money move to get set him up with another dinosaur and see what happens. I'd watch Lewis v Tyson 2 for sure
Holyfield too aparently.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I loved Tyson in his heyday, but any good boxer with a wingspan (Fury, Joshua) wouldn’t let him get close enough to hit them. Wilder might be dumb enough since all he wants to do is knock out people.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I loved Tyson in his heyday, but any good boxer with a wingspan (Fury, Joshua) wouldn’t let him get close enough to hit them. Wilder might be dumb enough since all he wants to do is knock out send people to the moon.

FTFY

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
if Tyson is making a "comeback", it would be for some exhibition type fight with Holyfield or something.

He'd lose to any Top 15 heavyweight and I'd love to be wrong but let's be real. Mike was an ATG, but with his age that power won't be there, plus the fact that he is a short heavyweight - there is just no chance. Plus his punch resistance will be God-awful.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I know us boxing fans have seen the clips of Tyson working out. My buddy and I had a discussion on whether or not a comeback is feasible. He says hell's no. I say hell yes.

Most of his argument was his body can't last a full fight at his age. My argument was that chances are he wouldn't even come close to having to go a full fight. And 53 isn't our dads 53. Line up some tomato cans for him to fight to get him acclimated to the ring again, and we are off.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I know us boxing fans have seen the clips of Tyson working out. My buddy and I had a discussion on whether or not a comeback is feasible. He says hell's no. I say hell yes.

Most of his argument was his body can't last a full fight at his age. My argument was that chances are he wouldn't even come close to having to go a full fight. And 53 isn't our dads 53. Line up some tomato cans for him to fight to get him acclimated to the ring again, and we are off.

The answer is "no". Your "chin" deteriorates, and once it does it is downhill and fast. His punch resistance will be so low, and he isn't Foreman height or size or anything like that.

Sure, you could line him up with some exhibition level fights and he'll steamroll dudes. But any legitimate Top 20 heavyweight SHOULD smash him. I mean, I'm hope I'm wrong, but I'm not.