Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Loma's work in some of those later rounds was more dominant than anything Lopez did in the fight, maybe outside of the 12th. He had Lopez stunned multiple times, and stiffened. That being said, he gave way too many rounds to Lopez early.

Lomachenko has definitely capped out at 135, and really isn't even a 135. You can see how much issue he has with guys that are quite a bit taller - Luke Campbell, now Lopez. Dudes incredible, and I certainly wouldn't bet against him in a rematch, but he has his work cut out for him. He needs to fight that fight in the pocket way earlier, staying at range with Lopez was obviously not smart. He'll have to find a solution to that uppercut though, great adjustment Lopez made.

Really curious if they'll run that back, promoters love to take their new cash cows and run with them elsewhere. Which is such a shame for this sport.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's too bad boxing doesn't get these "super fights" more often. Still such an exciting sport, but it's hard to really give a fuck when it seems like you only get one of these fights every other year or so. Too many guys duck each other and by the time they finally fight, one (or both) is too old for it be as good as it could've been.

Lopez definitely won that fight and I say that as a dude who's 2nd favorite boxer is Loma (GGG being #1), but the 119 is a fucking joke. No surprise it came from the female judge and Harold Lederman's (who fucking sucked btw) daughter.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Edgar Berlanga is going to be a superstar. The 168 lb super middleweight division is kind of drab, with a cluster of unheralded dudes in the top 10 rankings for each alphabet strap. The division was ultra competetive and maybe the most talented in all of boxing in the 2000's and early 2010's. Joe Calzahge was undefeated and held the linear belt for TEN years. You had Carl Froch, Kelly Pavlik, Mikkel Kessler, James Kirkland, Andre Ward, and Canelo Alvarez. Billy Joe Saunders is the guy at the weight now (Along with Canelo), so we will see what happens.. Ward like Calzahge retired undefeated. So the division has pedigree, Berlanga is 15-0 with 15 first round KOs though, and I could see him easily knocking out almost every single contender in the division. He isnt ready for Canelo yet, but Im pretty sure he would DUST Saunders.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Saunders is a really, really high level fighter. Saunders would absolutely give Canelo a fight - just don't see this kid "dusting" Saunders. He has a solid amateur pedigree, so that's good.

Andre Ward was an all-time great boxer. He is a level or two above every fighter at 168 right now. As good as Calzaghe was, and he was great, Ward was even better.

And Jones Jr. Is the greatest 168 to ever walk the face of the Earth.

Jozu

No one cares though. He should of postponed. Lopez can beat him again IMO. One thing we already knew though is Loma has an incredible chin. I dont see him getting stopped.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one cares though. He should of postponed. Lopez can beat him again IMO. One thing we already knew though is Loma has an incredible chin. I dont see him getting stopped.

I think if the 12th had another 30 seconds in it and Lopez doesn't get that cut from the accidental headbutt right at the end of the round...he could have stopped Loma. He had him in real trouble near the end.

Jozu

Yeah, Lopez can crack, its possible he could stop him. It was the end of the fight after 12 rounds, both guys were spent, but Lopez somehow seemed to be the fresher man, which is incredible given how good Lomachenko's endurance is.

So maybe an accumulation of punishment followed by a salvo of crisp power shots could TKO Loma late in a fight, but Its unlikely Fimo can knock him clean out. Either way we are going to get a rematch.

Animosity

Tyson vs RJJ this weekend. Wonder how many rounds these guys will go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

;
1606519036732.png
1606519264691.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What's the deal with no knock outs? seems like an odd thing. Tyson eating his ear was pretty funny

Sterling

El Presidente
Tyson/Jones is such a circus bullshit fight. And I'll be watching it just like everyone else lol.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's the deal with no knock outs? seems like an odd thing. Tyson eating his ear was pretty funny
Its an exhibition, they are even giving both of them the WBC Frontline Belt at the end of the exhibition and not declaring a winner.

Edit: Tyson is getting 10 million for this "hard sparring session" as the commissioner of the CSAC said. California State Athletic Commission

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
i'll end up watching but that sounds boring and pointless as fuck.