Boxing

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wlad looked pretty awful. He is so hesitant now, he never lets his hands go. He has lost that movement he had, and its really showing in the way he believes in himself offensively. Certainly not saying Fury is ultra talented by any means, but the guy can fight. Being 6'8" and somewhat athletic helps. I really, really hope we see Wilder & him later this year.

Ps. WBA is claiming its trying to reduce the "number of active belts". This is way overdue, and it would be nice if other bodies followed suit. It allows promoters to pull that bullshit fuckery and avoid big fights, while making decent money still. Greedy fucks.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No kidding. It will be a lot like Canelo's Josesito Lopez fight a few years back. Regardless, it should be a solid event that does some solid numbers. I mean, it really was the best option for Canelo in combination as a business decision, and no one will certainly blame Canelo for beating Khan to death when the alternatives were Monroe & Rosado. Who although maybe more competitive fights, nowhere near the same business draw. As for Khan I dont blame him. People expect him and to lose, and he does have skills. So a loss wouldn't be the end. Good money and a chance at making some crazy history.

Could be a prelude to a Floyd rematch in September once the Vegas outdoor arena is finished. Hopefully, GGG-Canelo fight will actually take place instead.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was smart by GB. They picked up Khan and have this fight then a huge fight with Kell Brook after this.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Thurman-Porter delay fucking sucks.

Crawford-Lundy this weekend, along with Frampton-Quigg which should be a really solid fight. Huge fight in the UK. Winner can act like they will fight Rigondeaux. I have Quigg by late KO, Frampton being floored by the Mexican kid a few times was kinda off-putting, even though he is a good clean fighter technique wise. Spence fights Algieri April 19th, with Polwacki-Cunningham on the undercard. Great test for Spence, Chris is an underrated fighter who almost beat Khan last fight.

Also Arum is spewing that Lomachenko-Walters is practically done and they're waiting for a confirmation on a date in April for that fight along with Postol on the card in Chicago. Lomachenko-Walters is almost too good to be true, so I'll hold my horses until it is 110% confirmed.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lomachenko-Walters is an awesome fight. Hopefully it gets done.

Floyd talking mad shit about how he could move up and beat GGG but then boxing fans would just say move up again or you're not great. I have a feeling he's going to be really fucking annoying retired.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Floyd saying GGG is easy work is him trying to blow GGG off as far as possible so he never has to get close to him. I would never blame Floyd for not fighting GGG. Dude is bigger and scary as hell, but Id much rather prefer Floyd just not speak about the guys he has no desire to fight. When you start saying shit like, "GGG at 160 is easy work" people start pushing for that fight. Then he plays some super retarded race guilt thing and his nut huggers do anything to defend him.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Frampton won on a SD: 116-112 on two scorecards, & 115-113 for Quigg.

Fight was boring 1-9, and then absolutely exploded when Quigg started to go for it. Quigg absolutely rocked Frampton in rd 11 and the ref stepped in to break up a "clinch", Quigg was WAY too civil in the clinches. Dude had some real opportunities, just waited too long to get going. I definitely didn't see 116-112. 8-4 is ridiculous, 7-5 is fairer. Quigg won 10-12 more than conclusively than Frampton won any rounds.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Vargas stopped Sadam Ali in a great win. Ortiz kept the train rolling and KO'd Tony Thompson. Antonie Douglas (good undefeated prospect) was KO'd on Showtime in a super entertaining fight with some brick-house foreign guy (Khurtizide?). Julian Williams looked great in his first main event and called out a Charlo brother. And Lucas Browne KO'd Chagaev in a heavyweight fight. An overshadowed, yet a decently entertaining boxing weekend.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Overall Ward looked good last night. Some ring rust but that's to be expected. He actually had good power at that weight. Can't wait to see him fight Kovalev.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Ward looked really good last night. Sullivan is a tank (& a 325 fight amateur from Cuba), and he will rack up some nice wins over his career. This win will be another good one on Andre's resume when its all said and done. Not to mention, dude literally brought out the WHOLE Bay Area for that fight. I salivate thinking of Ward-Kovalev later this year.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Floyd saying GGG is easy work is him trying to blow GGG off as far as possible so he never has to get close to him. I would never blame Floyd for not fighting GGG. Dude is bigger and scary as hell, but Id much rather prefer Floyd just not speak about the guys he has no desire to fight. When you start saying shit like, "GGG at 160 is easy work" people start pushing for that fight. Then he plays some super retarded race guilt thing and his nut huggers do anything to defend him.
As much as I hate Floyd and love watching Golovkin, I tend to agree with Floyd. GGG is great at smashing stationary targets but Mayweather is just too damn swift. I think Mayweather was trying to push triple G to fight Ward because he's Wards homie and wants to get him a payday, but HBO would not risk that fight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Floyd moves nowhere near his prime self, and was found at times by a plotting Maidana, and even cracked multiple times in their two fights. GGG cuts off the ring better than anyone in boxing, one of the best I have ever seen at cutting off the ring. Not to mention he has a phenomenally timed jab, and walk through anything Floyd would ever throw at him. He beats Floyd. Now if there was ever a guy who would beat a GGG, it would be a Floyd/Ward, but I think Floyd is just too old. There are interviews of his father & uncle pretty much insisting "Gennady is too big, and in his prime. We'd stay away from him".

ESPN released their "25 P4P Fighters of the Last 25 Years" list today. 25-16, and it is pretty fucking bad. I think Gennady will easily be a Top 25 guy, but he is already ranked 24 & Roman Gonzalez is already 20, ahead of MIGUEL COTTO. FUCKING HILARIOUS. ROMAN FIGHTS IN A GARBAGE DIVISION. Reminds me why I fucking laugh at boxing analysts not named Kim/Kellerman most of the time, because they are not the smartest people in the world. Way behind the big 3 sports in terms of perspective and understanding.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really looking forward to this Joshua fight. On showtime now if anyone didn't know.