Boxing

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I am sorry dude but if you can't see the difference I can't help you.

Did I say that anywhere?

Wilder was fucked at least since the trip (that "not knockdown"). Fury was slowly putting the screws into him.

He was struggling badly for at least the last two rounds, and the way it ended was unsatisfying. The stoppage was either too late, because the ending sequence was a further display of how poor his performance was proceeding and finally it was time to admit he had no chance, or too early because we'd seen Fury be cautious in those moments and damnit I want to see a spectacle.

In either case, the stoppage was appropriate, but the timing was weird.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great fight. Both of them have been wildly entertaining. Fury is a worthy champ.

Bye, bye Miss American Pie...

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It was an ok fight but Wilder was wobbly since that blow in the 3rd. Fury did a good job with continuously going after a weakened opponent. He was like a shark coming for ear blood the whole match. Good call on the stoppage even if the match was basically over after the 4th. Wilder deserved a chance to get back in it even if odds were low.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
it seemed wilder didn't really show up, and when you are swinging legs of ham at someone, you don't need to be pretty, or even accurate, just consistent. a couple of maybes i reckon ...

fury got in his head last match, showing him up as a killer not a boxer, and he rose from the dead from what he thought was a signature ko. how do i stop this guy? his pacing in the dressing room was pretty telling. trainers should keep cameras out i reckon.
42-0 with mostly KO's is a very heavy burden to carry, especially under the whole world's gaze. this should be a huge weight off. be good to see how he changes from this.
if this was a throw, how much could he potentially stand to make? "$250 million has been deposited into your cayman islands bank account"

this has been a great story with a great wrap up. looking forward to season 3.

Last edited:

Ome

Molten Core Raider
As we were watching Wilder enter the ring with his rapper hootin about black this black that my friend said Wilder looked like Black Groot. Shit has us rolling.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
When Fury outboxed the fuck out of Klitschko, always kind of figured deep down he was probably the best heavyweight.

Fury vs. Joshua next (hopefully).

Wilder is a fucking warrior, props to him, dudes always pretty well spoken and respectful, but I'm glad I don't have to hear the "Better power than Tyson/Foreman" shit for awhile. Power is great, but let's be real.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw reports about Wilder saying he would have rather 'gone out on his shield' and the corner-man who disagreed with throwing in the towel threw the other guy under the bus saying the same thing. Hope Wilder is smart enough to be grateful to have a corner man who actually cares about his health.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I blew an eardrum once after taking a fall waterskiing. It suuuuuucks. You have to be one tough motherfucker to go through four rounds of boxing after that.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
I blew an eardrum once after taking a fall waterskiing. It suuuuuucks. You have to be one tough motherfucker to go through four rounds of boxing after that.

They’ve revealed Wilder didn’t blow an eardrum he just had a cut in his ear.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Never heard of Tyson fury before Saturday. I think I'm a fan now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So Wilder is all pissed, he says hes exercising his rematch clause and saying officiating was unfair, he might fire his assistant trainer saying he was RATHER DIE IN THE RING than have a towel thrown in. Because "He's a warrior".

As stupid as that shit is...on the list of excuses hes making (after saying over and over he wasn't going to make excuses" he's blaming his costume.

Saying his costume made his legs weak on the way to the ring. You can't make this shit up. Or rather...you can, if you're Deontay Wilder I guess.

• 1Worf

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Of course it made his legs weak, have you seen them? lol that dude has toothpick legs.

• 1Like