Boxing

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You have to know how to blast off uppercuts in order to be an effective in-fighter.

Fury can, but WIlder cant. Ive seen Wilder throw some, but very rarely. All long punches, or mid range clubbing shots, he isnt good at throwing chopping short punches, whereas Fury is better at throwing them than just about anybody. He has a weird arsenal of power punches, with his right cross and chopping right hook to the side of the head. Like I said he will throw some half power uppercuts to open his opponent up inside, and then will crowd, clinch and throw the right cross.

Jozu

This is the pinnacle of male heavyweight boxing.

Attachments

• fury.jpg
    fury.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
This is the pinnacle of male heavyweight boxing.
I mean it would obviously be better for him longterm if he cared more about his fitness, but in the short term there's no upper weight limit so it is what it is. Like imagine if Shaq was Orlando Shaq for 15 years. Or even just early LA Shaq.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone have any advice on mounting a heavy bag outside?

i searched and the best bag to have outside is a water bag, since it's "water proof"
f2c78c6f1a10e55f06e38207cd9f46bb.png

should i make some kind of frame for it? i guess i should use pressure treated wood, and if i do can i just drill into a tree w/o hurting it much?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Boxing's most "popular" fighter fought tonight, and I missed it until the last round... Sums up boxing now, sadly. Instead, I'm watching women roll around on a mat. Weird times.

Sterling

El Presidente
Boxing's most "popular" fighter fought tonight, and I missed it until the last round... Sums up boxing now, sadly. Instead, I'm watching women roll around on a mat. Weird times.
I'll be watching this after. If this was a better matchup I may have reversed that.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Damn didnt know Canelo was on tonight too. worth watching?
I only caught the last two rounds, apparently it was close the majority of the fight.

GGG is finally fighting again Dec. 29th in Japan against Murata. Still wouldn't mind seeing GGG-Canelo III, but GGG is 40 in April. Canelo really needs to fight Jermall Charlo. That would be a fun fight. Some talk he'd go to 175 and fight the big Russians there - ZERO chance that happens Beterbiev I think would brutalize Canelo, dude is way too fucking big. Bivol is a phenomenal boxer and bigger than Canelo as well. I'd love to see him take the risk, but I think someone mentioned tonight he declined 175.

Seen some talk recently that Canelo could beat Ward, or might be able to. Lol no chance, at least if Ward is even remotely close to what we saw when he actually fought a killer, "prime" version of Kovalev. Canelo is a great fighter, but I don't think people have realized how opportunistic his career has been: arguably lost to Erislandy Lara (completely outboxed the first 6 rounds), extremely close fight with Austin Trout, definitely lost to GGG in the first fight, had what I thought was a draw with GGG the 2nd fight, had an extremely close fight with Jacobs. Kid is a great fighter, but this talk that he is some P4P all-time great, "Top 20 fighter all-time" is absolutely laughable.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean Plant was kind of active, but I don't think it was really that close. GGG is older and decling and Canelo keeps improving and is likely the best fighter since Floyd was active. Moving up is always interesting, but it definitely is dangerous. Beterbiev is just naturally a pretty big guy.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I mean Plant was kind of active, but I don't think it was really that close. GGG is older and decling and Canelo keeps improving and is likely the best fighter since Floyd was active. Moving up is always interesting, but it definitely is dangerous. Beterbiev is just naturally a pretty big guy.
Andre Ward was undoubtedly the P4P #1 after Floyd, then GGG for a bit, followed by Lomachenko, and now Canelo has that title. Not so sure Lomachenko isn't still the best fighter, but alas. If Crawford had the guys to fight, he certainly might have that P4P #1.

• 1Like

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m ready for Spence vrs Crawford. Needs to get made. Crawford dumping bob after his fight was amazing to watch lol.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Arum is so fucking old. Just give it up already, fuck. Doesnt he have kids? Someone who can take over? The guy is going to be out there during press confrences looking like Stephen Hawking in a wheel chair soon enough.

Edit: To Canelos credit, he started very young, and is now starting to chase scalps. What he has done recently with seeking out and taking on these alphabet guys, took the GGG rematch, he has taken tough fights. Respectable fights. Every fight from now on out is going to be a big name/accomplished fighters so his resume is only going to get better.

Lara is an extremly tough opponent to look good against and Golovkin might be all time type great, and regardless fought him twice and both times he wasnt the loser.

His only blemish can be overlooked as he was young and Mayweather is beyond reproach.

Last edited:

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Canelo is looking to fight for the WBC cruiserweight title next fight. Dude is already a ring legend at this point IMO.

Jozu

The fact he even fought Mayweather was nuts. But you dont turn down that lottery ticket, so you cant blame him for taking a fight that was above his station.

He is basically a golden child of the sport, a ginger Mexican with boyish good looks and a gladiators physique, a humble kid who values family and doesnt do dumb shit outside the ring. He has taken on all comers and will continue to cement his legacy as the greatest Mexican fighter of all time, and one of the greatest fighters of this era.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure I'd put him ahead of Chavez but he's certainly been great. I mentioned it earlier, but it really feels like he's constantly getting better.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Triller's Triad Combat has been weird to say the least. Nice to see a mix of MMA fighters vs. Boxers in 8 oz gloves with mostly boxing rules though. I just can't get past the triangle shaped ring.

Jozu

George Kambosos Jr. claims all the belts at 135 from Teofimo Lopez.

Wow.

He knocked him down in the first round, and survived a 10th round knock down himself, outlanding Lopez in powershots and punches thrown.

No rematch clause either due to Kambosos being a mandatory challenger. Thats a FAT L for Lopez, he just lost MILLIONS of dollars on potential future earnings with this loss. The only silver lining for him, is he was going to move up to 140 lbs anyway, and would have most likely relinqiushed the lightweight straps even if he won. But the boxing gods dont play that shit, and look what happened.

Kambosos is suddenly the biggest athlete in Australia. He earned 1.5 million for this fight, his biggest pay day before that? 200,000k. His life will never be the same.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users