Brave Frontier

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Debating on whether or not to invest in Angelic Foil (75% increase) when I get enough Brave Points instead of the Summon Ticket. I already have a lot of units I'm not using.
That is what I am planning on doing. I already have 3 "masas" and I don't really want to use two of them to get one foil. My plan long term is to have 5 foils for arena but god knows when that will actually happen.

moontayle

Golden Squire
22 days to get a Foil using BP. So... 110 days
tongue.png

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So I know the honor summons aren't that great, but it's really odd to pull some of the slimes from them. But then I got a 4star Sefia from my rare summon and apparently she's pretty great. Although I don't really know how to use her. The cost limit is killing me at this point, Aisha and Sefia on their own would be 20 out of 30 right now, that's just not going to work.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I won't tell you not to do it, but, before you spend the money, consider what else you can buy for the same amount of your money.
Gee, why hadn't I thought of that before. ...

In all seriousness I play this game all the time (mostly on the shitter. Hell, who doesn't) and I tossed the development $20 for making a fun game that doesn't force you to spend money/throw it in your face every 30 seconds. I look at it more rewarding the devs and less "I gotta have them Pokemons".

bytes

Molten Core Raider
How difficult (and rewarding) are the special or event dungeons for a beginner? They cost alot of energy, so I'd rather ask before I waste it all.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit, that totem dungeon is no joke. Had to expend every single item to make it through. Doesn't help that I had a light totem in round 3 which really kicked my ass. Then again, I wanted a light totem to evo my Lilith, so that's good I suppose.

So now I've got my 5* Lilith and can evo my Dean to 5* when I get enough team cost (next level, 50, should do it). I may decide to run the totem dungeon again and hope for a dark totem for Lira, but I had shit luck with pots the other day and all I got was water (4) and light (2).

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
How difficult (and rewarding) are the special or event dungeons for a beginner? They cost alot of energy, so I'd rather ask before I waste it all.
I have only been playing a little more than a week very casually, so my team is like 3 4* (red dragon, ice mage dean, professor lardo) and 2 3* (vinepike lance and head thief leon) all between half and max level.

I tried that green totem dungeon this morning for 30 energy (I have 34 total) and did fine until I got to fight an actual dark totem in stage 4 or 5 (of 8). It was like fighting a wall. After 5-6 rounds I maybe had him down by 30% and he was just AE'ing my team every turn.

I tend to go by cost. If it is 15 or less, I can usually do it no problem. The 2nd tier (20 or 25 cost?) zel, karma, and mimic are easy. I think I also do 2nd tier key runs (jewel and metal) but can't remember - I am stockpiling 5 keys for when I have a higher max energy. If the specials cost 25+, I tend to avoid it or only try it if I have limited time and can afford to waste energy.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Totems are about longevity when you first go at it. I think my very first run took between 15 and 20 turns and I exhausted pretty much all my items (healing item plus Seals and Ores). You got a bad run with a Dark Totem and didn't have the units to handle it, but my general rule of thumb on if people ask about whether or not they can handle it is if they've finished Mistral off yet (beaten Maxwell). Some of the "mini-boss" units you'll run into during a non-Light/Dark totem stage (3 and 6) are the same as you'll run into while going through St. Lamia.

Big upgrades for my team today. The stars seem to have aligned well for me and i have all the mats except a light totem and a water idol to push my 4* team to 5*'s. I found the totem dungeons not too bad but i havnt ran into any double totem rounds which i hear are hard. my team is now
4* bolt knight amy -> have mats for 5*
4* red slash farlon -> have 5*
4* blade storm sefia
4* royal elimo -> water idol to 5*
4* royal pixy leore -> have 5*

how rare are light totems? i havent seen 1 in 4 totem runs, i dont know if i should start burning some of the 5 gems ive saved up at the end of today to get one or just take another rare summon. im f2ping it so those units above + necromancer lemia is all i have. Feeling pretty lucky generally with my draws though, farlon, sefia & elimo seem to be god tier? so no complaints here. Farlon wins me nearly every arena match with his lvl9 bb

moontayle

Golden Squire
Light Idols are a pain in my ass. 4 Idol dungeon runs on Tuesday, zero fucks given. And I need 4 of them.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think if I had brought a healing unit for the totem run I would've been better off. My big issue was getting torn up by AOE BB's, and if I could've healed up every 5 or so rounds without potions, that would've helped a lot.

Also, is it worth rolling for Rickel/Amy/Kikuri right now?

My box is:
3* Lancia
4* Lancia
4* Vishra
2* Zephu
4* Dean (5* soon)
4* Copra
4* Leore
4* Eze (5* soon)
3* Shitbird
5* Lilith
4* Shida
4* Lira

I imagine a Kikuri would make a good start to a mono dark team with my Shida and Lira. Not sure if Rickel is worth a damn, but with Dean and Copra I have a decent start at a mono water too (and Zephu I suppose).

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, healers are essential it seems especially if you get the dark totem. Not sure why, but he seemed to fuck me up more than anything. I have all the mats and a few fusions away from getting Felneus to 6* except the miracle totem - I don't even have 50 stamina to try it! I assume that dungeon is a pretty massive step up from the others in terms of difficulty, so maybe I should hold off a week....

moontayle

Golden Squire
Miracle Totem will wreck you the first time you try it. When it does an AOE BB it counts as both Light and whatever element associated with it. So you can't mitigate the damage as with the elemental totems. It also has two AOE BBs that count as 3 elements. Shit is rough. I can routinely clear it now with my Fire team but that's only with two Vargas' leaders for the added HP plus seals and ores. Takes like 8 rounds.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
I just did miracle for the first time. Used a stone. Good news is, you get a stone after. Going to do it again and burn another stone. Worth it to upgrade the guys to 6* though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ran a thunder this time with a healer and it went much better. Also have a two 5* units too, so that may have something to do with it as well. Ran into 2 dark totems and the end one, and only had to use potions at the very end cause he AOE BB'd like 4 times in a row.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
You talking about the dailies with some random guy or the "key" events?
I mean the the ones like the unholy tower that's still up. Although from what I'm reading so far, it seems it won't be worth it for the time being. I think I'll focus on leveling my team right now, but these 4star units sure eat alot of kings. Can you actually get these crystal guys in the normal metal parade?