Brave Frontier

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
So, there is no easy to reroll in iOS, unlike PAD. Once it's on your device, the only way to get rid of it is to factory reset.

moontayle

Golden Squire
By the time I actually went to Cordelica I had a variety of solid squads so I didn't have any troubles but I can see where problems may arise. My basic strategy for anything is to load up on a mono-squad, use all three heal items, plus the ore and seal for the element I'm taking, then get to it.

The issue you run into further into the game is that the developers think they're clever and will mix elements in boss battles. If you take mono-Fire into that battle then Undine will do bad things to you. If you take mono-Thunder you run the risk of falling victim to the two Earth units that appear with Undine. Best bet here is probably Thunder if you have the units to hold out against the Earth ones that appear (since they're weaker), but a good alternative is one of the other four elements since they're all neutral.

Now, as to your leveling question, you want metal units. Go into the Vortex and at the bottom you'll see two locked dungeons. Metal Parade and Jewel Parade. Keys unlock them. You get keys from the Administrative Office in the Imperial Capital. On the home screen swipe the gates away until you see the IC, then go in. Mon/Tues and Thu/Fri you'll have Metal keys waiting for you. Max you can hold is five. You're guaranteed 5 metal units for fusing (random elements though) per run (15sta each). All four types (Ghost, King, God, Crystal) have a chance to appear. If you're set on leveling one unit then just throw every metal unit you get into it. If you want the best possible results and don't mind being patient, match elemental metal units with like element for the 1.25x bonus on fusing.

Hope that helps.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure how I ended up in Cordelica with such an incapable team then. It's not like I'm rushing through the content.

My current team is:
Lira, lvl 31
Leore, lvl 32
Eze, lvl 32
Lancia, lvl 17
Dean, lvl 11

Also have:
Copra, lvl 11
Thunderbird, lvl 5

Like I said, I actually feel like I've lucked into a shit load of metals already. If I run the first zone of Cordelica I basically stomp the shit out of it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, shit. Didn't even realize that more places opened up there. It opened up Cordelica and I just figured I was done at Mistral. That's retarded. I'll go back and finish that place out.

I wonder if it's because I couldn't give a crap about the story and just click through it?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
For the android users, are you able to play this game without making an obnoxious google profil that'll request access to just about everything on your phone?
I cancelled it 3 or 4 times and it doesn't come up anymore.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Oh, shit. Didn't even realize that more places opened up there. It opened up Cordelica and I just figured I was done at Mistral. That's retarded. I'll go back and finish that place out.

I wonder if it's because I couldn't give a crap about the story and just click through it?
I think you're only like halfway through when Cordelica opens up. So yeah, you've got a bit to go.

Edit: Oh, and gems. Don't forget the gems for completing an area.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Cordelica really ramps up the difficulty right around the light tower area. So much rage!

moontayle

Golden Squire
That's nothing. Rage is going up against a boss that does 3 AOE BBs in one turn and not being able to survive iteven with all but one of your units guarding.

I'm convinced the tower was only passable without spending gems by a currently broken crit mechanic relating to a rare drop creature.

Rime

<Donor>
Metal Parades are the most reliable way to get materials needed for leveling your units up.

You can collect 1 of each ghost and turn it into a king or if you are still low level, just fuse them into whatever unit you wish. Keep in mind that there is a nice bonus for fusing same color metals into units, but if you are just trying to focus on one, fuse any metal with any unit you want to level.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Heh, there is no imperial city in the EU version or so it seems. I'll never understand why these shitty games are treated differently based on the region.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just made 6* Douglas and 6* Alice, working on getting their SBBs before leveling them up (for new players, 6* units get an upgraded BB when their BB gets to lvl10 but when you evolve a unit it's BB goes back to level 1 so that's a pain in the ass).

My current team is rainbow:
Ice Apostle Tiara (80) - Leader
Fire God Lava (80)
God Tree Eltri (80)
Rebel Angel Elsel (80)
Magistra Lira (80)

I'm only lvl69 so I can't support two 6* units yet. Should I get Alice or Douglass up first? I'm leaning towards Alice since it seems like Douglas is better for a Felneus team.

Rime

<Donor>
Evolving a unit now cuts it's BB in half, rounded down. So if you have a 5* with 10bb and upgrade it to 6*, it will have a 5bb.

Alice is good, 13 Powerful Hit SBB with a Great Heal on all allies. Douglas, even without a Felneus/Spark team is just absurd amounts of damage with his SBB. 30 Powerful Hits on all enemies, plus a Spark damage boost. So if you feel you need more heals, go with Alice. If you need more damage potential, go with Douglas.

Seeing as you have Tiara (HoT) and Eltri (Best healer in the game with his 6* - Only unit comparable is Elimo, who has a different niche), I would probably go with Douglas if you are not going to change up your roster too much.

------

Also, European BF is 3-5 months behind Global BF, which is 2-4 Months behind Japan BF.

moontayle

Golden Squire
This Light and Dark totem dungeon is a godsend. I have several of both element that are still 4* because I've only gotten like 2 of each. Ever. In two months of doing Totem dungeons. I had a Light and Dark totem saved so I can upgrade Atro and Alice this Thursday. Now I can move ahead with a couple more upgrades. Yay.

moontayle

Golden Squire
You'd want a full team of at least 4* units (don't necessarily need to be maxed but it helps) including a maxed out healer of some sort (the 3*s will work, my first runs were with a 3* Merith). Totems are all about survival when you first start tackling them. I think my very first run took 20 turns, burned all my potions and still barely made it through. These days my fire squad will tear through them in like 6 turns or so if I use an Ore. That squad can even take on a Water Totem but it's still rough.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The metal parade is really the only way to level units as far as I can tell. Regular trash is absolutely worthless aside from leveling up BB. Which does what BTW?

For account ranking I was running the 20stam Zel dungeon this weekend a bunch, figure Zel will never not be needed. So have like 400k now to keep me occupied for the week.

I tried the lower version of one of the Sibyl dungeons, which I guess are like descendeds? Was going pretty smooth til I ran in to a Valk thing that went 2 BB's in one turn and made me yell "BULLSHIT!".

Really just need to rank up enough to plug my best units in to one team. Shit like Medusa and Cerberus are dragging me down. Though it's not like I have any well focused team. As of last night I'm using Dual Swords Logan with his 25% damage boost for 5 color squad because it's simple and my box is full of random shit.

Also as far as I can tell the way to "win" at arena is to hit refresh until you get a shitass opponent, then smoosh them. There's nothing more frustrating than having a fairly even opponent then watching your squad attack like retards. "Hey we'll knock that guy down to 16hp right away then not attack him for the next two rounds while he charges up his BB and attacks!" "Oh I'm full BB gauge? Fuck that noise I'm just going to solo attack their strongest full health unit!"

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I did not run enough zel this weekend. I say that but I fused a TON so I probably did but should have ran even more.

Rime

<Donor>
Also as far as I can tell the way to "win" at arena is to hit refresh until you get a shitass opponent, then smoosh them. There's nothing more frustrating than having a fairly even opponent then watching your squad attack like retards. "Hey we'll knock that guy down to 16hp right away then not attack him for the next two rounds while he charges up his BB and attacks!" "Oh I'm full BB gauge? Fuck that noise I'm just going to solo attack their strongest full health unit!"
It depends. The lower the points has in comparison to your own, the less ABP you gain for a victory. At lower levels, you pretty much want to pick on people who do not have a Rare/Gem summon leader. At higher levels, it is about knowing what your squad can handle. Rainbow is difficult, because you have strength in all stats, but not overwhelming in one. My arena team is Water/Thunder/Light/Light/Light, so I tend to look for enemies who are running Dark leaders.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Or you can just do what I do when it comes to Arena and run 5 breakers with the highest ATK and give them Muramasas / +%ATK spheres. I run 2Ryujin Mifunewith Muramasas and the rest my highest breakers and I crush anything I come up against. Don't bother with healers / DEF as since you attack first as long as you get one guy down, you are set for the match.