Brave Frontier

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's my understanding that everything works in summoner arc. The only thing that gets a penalty is units above 5* rarity.

6* units get a mild penalty, maybe worth using if they bring a missing buff that you require.
7* units get a heavy penalty, probably not worth it.
Omni units are trash tier, worse than 4* due to the penalties.

Spheres and such are no problem, so endgame players with meta spheres will have a big advantage.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5* units are capped at 80% stats, lvl 7 bb and 70% bc fill.

Popular units are Layla, Pamela, Charla, Golzo, Lin (really anything with heals and cures). Nyami will need a bb fill to ibb, but I still think she's going to be really good.

Other prep stuff:
Get 2x 20% hp and 2x 20% rec spheres for your leader sphere.

Stockpile honor summons and zel. Best way to level weapons is crystals which costs a ton of zel. Looking around 60-80 million per weapon.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So Blue Dragon (20% ATK & Max HP) or Shiny Armor (20% Max HP)? Is there a sphere rarity block also?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Any easy way to cheese the Quaid GQ?

Which part are you having trouble with? It's been a while since I've done it, but here are some tips for the bosses:

Graham: If you have Tilith or Mikael, or a friend of either, both are strong leaders for the encounter. They negate status, give some tankiness, bc fill, and both have a complete invulnerability UBB, which is great to cheat the 50% and 1% mega nukes.

Shusui: Easiest boss, just be sure to kill him in less than 14 turns (required for gold medal).

Plant boss: Another boss where a status immunity leaderskill is a huge help. You want a healing mitigator on this team (Krantz, Elimo, etc). Put two very tanky units in the top row, and put your healing mitigator on the bottom row (you can't move the guest units). Every few turns the boss does a huge single nuke on someone in the top row, so guard them (or if using omnis, they can likely facetank it, unsure). Don't push him over a threshold nuke on the same turn he's doing his single nuke on the top row.

Melord: Arrange spheres so one unit on your team has low max hp, but super tankiness, especially while guarding. Spheres like Demon Silk and Adaptation Jewel are superb for this. Have your lowest health unit guard every round for the whole fight. Each turn, Melord does a nuke on the lowest health unit, and it ramps up every round until it finally kills the unit, which resets the damage to base. With +guard spheres, it should take 10-14 turns before the unit actually dies. When they do, just revive them and make them guard tank again. You should be able to finish Melord before he kills your guard sponge a second time. Be aware that he will wipe your team when he hits 0%, then angel idol to 5% health. Have team 2 finish him off.

Last edited:

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Took me 3 attempts to get my multi kills just right on the male fg. Time to wait for orbs for the female version.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
ABP/CBP is live, I think it's double instead of triple though.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I got 2.31m on male FG, barely enough for the final reward. Gave one shot on the female FG, but got wiped instantly on the enemies first turn of the third fight. I guess you have to one shot them? I'll have to adjust my team some to make that happen, but out of orbs.

Male FG:
(L) Avant -- dandemagus, medblare
(F) Ark -- oracle bangles, sacred axe
Silas -- armor of seals, war demons blade
Sirius -- armor of seals, war demons blade
Eze -- batootha, war demons blade
Krantz -- virtuous cape, growth device

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Don't think I can beat female FG with the units I have available. My only female mitigator is 7* Lafiel, and I have no omnis for BB atk, or 4/6 of the elements. I tried to make a tanky team, but no amount of tankiness can survive the damage, so it has to be one shot. I can't quite get a team to one shot most waves, at best I bring mobs to ~15% then they auto wipe me. Good news is both of the rewards from female FG are garbage, so I don't mind that I have to skip it.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2.2 on the female fg. Missed a multi kill on stage 2 which cost me.

Setup:
Elza (lead)- beiorg, infidelity orb
Lara-phantom gizmo, sacred longbow
Selena-lexida, dreadnought shield
Miku- beiorg, medblare
Carrol- beiorg, Noel trial sphere
Ensa friend.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Been sick....barely even touched the game yesterday at all. Making sure to burn my arena orbs today due to event, but not a lot else yet.

Did drop 3 summon tickets at the Pool-of-16 male/female gate. Got Dupes of Kulyuk and Sirius on my first two pulls....got Oracle Allanon on my 3rd pull. Not super excited about Oracle typing, but really glad to have Allanon on my roster....Next FH should be far more interesting for me.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Guild level 65? wut?
They redid the guild XP curve, because getting to 19 originally was like slamming your dick in a car door. Then I think they did some math wrong, so they re applied the formula.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I decided to put in some more work on female FG, and wound up mastering it with 2.38m final score. Team that brought me to victory:

(L) Sakura Miku -- armor of seals, illusion gizmo
(F) Verne -- meirith pearl, sacred axe
Alice -- armor of seals, versatile device
Felice -- armor of seals, medblare
Bonnie -- beiorgs armor, growth device
Lafiel -- beiorgs armor, sacrilege orb

Key was to always get a 3 turn full multikill, and for survival, I used Alice's UBB on round 5 for survival, and Felice's UBB as a finishing blow on round 6. Miku's 2 turn atk reduction is what let me survive rounds 3 and 6, and that's why it took me so many tries to win. Any time her atk down didn't proc, I wiped. Finally I got it to proc on both fights, and I won. Glad it's over.

Last edited:

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Well, it's been a slow week for me.....finally got my head clear enough last night to give that Elgif haul some much needed attention...

Stuck Elgifs on all my Omni's and some select 7-star units. Zelnite got his +20% All Stats - I'd have given him one of the Thief's Elgifs or something interesting, but he's going see plenty of general, maybe even Trial-GGC caliber use as an Omni, so it was +20% All Stats for him. I took the +40% ATK Elgif off Avant, and replaced it with a +50% Spark Damage Elgif.....He should see a nice Damage increase in any OTK scenarios. I gave the Rize Twin's the twin pair of Healing Wave Elgifs....they looked almost tailor made for her....+50% Spark damage, but now with healing on spark - perfect for a character whose damage is so HP sensitive. I even stuck a +20% All Stats on Zenia, even though I never use her atm.....She is ready for her Omni, assuming they manage to get to it sometime in 2016. ....Oh, and Allanon...a single +20% All-Stats Oracle elgif for Oracle Allanon.....glad that Oracle typing came in handy :p

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally hit a perfect run on female fg. Dropped Selena for Nyami. Hit 2.4 million. Unit restriction fgs are the worst.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Took 2 shots at the Male FG for the Guild Event...

Went in blind, first try I got 1.84M (enough for a "D" rating....green letter btw, never done bad enough to see "D" before LOL) ....anyway, I readjusted my group and the second time I was doing better until the very last round when I was an idiot and UBB'd Silas instead of Sirius thinking I could possibly 1-shot them if I used a purely Damage oriented UBB.... (Between Sirius and Ark, it seems to me I usually pick Sirius's UBB over Ark's when I need a 75% Mitigation UBB with some offense...anyways, I digress....).... I didn't realize plain ol' mitigation wasn't enough,and Azami survived and single-handedly wiped out all 6 of my guys. Ended up with a score of 1.99M ...no telling what I'd have gotten if I'd not screwed that last round up and died, but I don't think I was in any possible running for 2.3M.

My group seems solid......still missing out on some spheres (Like Krantz's....I really want to remedy that soon).... It seems like I can only manage a single UBB during the last 3 floors though.

Are you literally forced to take the item set on the second half? I don't see how you could UBB turn 1 of the final match without it......and if just one of those two can 1-shot all 6 of my guys with Krantz's mitigation up.....I don't see how you can survive without it either.

This gate was a *much* better choice for a Guild Event than Endless was....relatively quick and painless aside from not hitting 2.3M in my first couple attempts lol

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Absolutely take item set for the final waves, double UBB is a must to get high enough score. The way you get enough to UBB that often is the flute item in the set. On wave 5 when you UBB, use the flute immediately, and use it again right away on round 6. The flute increases OD fill rate astronomically, so it should only take 2-3 rounds with the flute buff to fill UBB to use it second time.

Also about the one shot thing from mobs even through mitigation, I found out the problem with that when working on the gates myself. Similar to trial bosses, most of the mobs in the FG's have hp thresholds. If you nuke them from 100% to about 20% in 1 round, it triggers all of their thresholds at once, which will kill you no matter what. If you can't absolutely 1 shot the boss wave, you must take it slowly, knocking off maybe 35-40% of their life per round. I don't know the exact thresholds, but my guess is something around 70% and 40%. Be sure to win on round 3 though, since you need that 3 round kill bonus for score.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Also about the one shot thing from mobs even through mitigation, I found out the problem with that when working on the gates myself. Similar to trial bosses, most of the mobs in the FG's have hp thresholds.

Whoa....not sure I've ever encountered that before (or if I have, I didn't understand it at the time.) Yea, I had Azami down to something silly like 3% or so after the first turn... (I was so very close to the UBB 1-shot I was hoping for).....as I was getting mowed down, I was absolutely certain that if she left even 1 character alive that I could have rez'd two others and nuked her dead even with my group in pieces.

I think I understand how I'll have to approach this now, thanks to your information. Wave 5 could be tricky - Even though I didn't UBB on that wave, I think I 2-turned them - I did kill 1 or 2 on the very first turn....2nd turn was only cleanup. With a UBB in the mix, it will be more work *not* to kill them LOL. Thinking maybe UBB-Sirius....SBB Krantz....(pause to avoid excessive sparks) ...then see where I'm at, another SBB for shits 'n giggles.....couple regular attacks.......reassess for round 2...that sort of thing....(while trying very hard to have all-elements and damage buffs up for the Turn 3 massacre)......Might need to try it a time or two just to get the timings right for turn 3 kills, and to get used to filling the UBB for wave 6 while not killing everybody too fast in the process lol o_O

Thanks a ton Sinzar - this is a lot of help. I have the itching feeling that if I actually manage to do this right, I have a real shot at reaching the 2.3M mark.