Breaking Bad

khalid

Unelected Mod
I liked how Todd didn't even care that his crew had been slaughtered, dude just thought it was cool.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The funny thing about Jesse living is he was originally slated to be killed off in the first season.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sooooo, I WAS right that Walt clearly knew Jesse was alive before he went there. Was I right that he went there at least partially intending to save him? I think so(of course), what say ye, BB thread?
Yes that he knew beforehand. He figured it out when he saw Skinny Pete and Badger. No that he went there to save him, he was going to kill him until it was shown how miserably he'd been treated. Jesse wasnt his enemy stealing his glory, just a victim.

Great ending I thought all around. Jesse Slave Leia choking Jabba/Todd was satisfying. And even the goodbye to Skyler I really enjoyed.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I woulda liked to see a small fast forward to Walt Jr's birthday to see if he got the money and to see if Skylar ended up having to serve any time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes that he knew beforehand. He figured it out when he saw Skinny Pete and Badger. No that he went there to save him, he was going to kill him until it was shown how miserably he'd been treated. Jesse wasnt his enemy stealing his glory, just a victim.
I already conceded, stop piling on you bully jerk!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its going to be a comedy? Blah
its what i heard when we discussed this a while back. now? i dunno, maybe it will be like breaking bad which had comedy elements then became much more dramatic.
old article.
Better Call Saul: AMC Considering Spinoff | /Film

Gould penned the Season 2 episode ?Better Call Saul,? which introduced the character when Walt and Jesse needed help getting Badger out of trouble with the DEA.Saul quickly became a fan favorite and a reliable source of comic levity in the dark and heavy drama. Appropriately, the spinoff is being conceived as a comedy, either in an hour-long or half-hour format.

Though the possible spinoff would presumably be set in the same world as Breaking Bad, the vast differences between Walt and Saul suggest a very different series.At last year?s Comic-Con, Gilligan spoke a bit about what Saul?s story could look like. ?I like the idea of a lawyer show in which the main lawyer will do anything it takes to stay out of a court of law,? he said. ?He?ll settle on the courthouse steps, whatever it takes to stay out of the courtroom. That would be fun ? I would like that.?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i also want to add one more thing about walter's machine gun setup. if this was an unrealistic techno gadget walt built, it would be some kind of super gun with infrared and it would elevate out of the Caddy''s trunk spraying precision death. it not only was a simple mechanism it also shot through the trunk of the car hitting targets at random.

oh and since walt built the machine, does it technically count as suicide?

Needless

Toe Sucker
The only thing that bugged me about the gun was the fact that it was the exact radius to hit all of the house, and nothing beyond it haha.. like it was 100% calculated knowing how large of a radius would be needed to clear the house.

The rest i was fully fine with, fuckin great series, and a decent ending. I'll take it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Loved the ending. Going to be tough to determine a winner. We'll probably have to have a poll thread!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh also the Badger/whatever story was on target. Walt used Chekov's gun and his guts were everywhere from it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing that bugged me about the gun was the fact that it was the exact radius to hit all of the house, and nothing beyond it haha.. like it was 100% calculated knowing how large of a radius would be needed to clear the house.
He knew where they were, he knew the layout(did he even meet Jack there before?). He used his mathscience skills to figure out the rest and parked in a very specific spot.

Now, only Todd ducking when shit started happening was a little silly, but whatevs.

spronk

FPS noob
good ending, but I dunno it felt like it was missing some soul or something, felt a bit too ... mechanical. I woulda loved a better flashback scene that showed Walt leaving Grey Matter and exposing his fatal flaw of pride, or one where Walt holds a baby Walt Jr and promises him the world. I rewatched Ozymandias right before and it was just such a heart stopping episode, the finale didn't quite feel as good.

Wrapped up everything though, but also didn't do the one thing that I hoped for: showing that for all of Walt's actions, the drug trade will continue on unabated with new players. Which i guess is pretty obvious, but would have been nice to show the cycle continues.

HUH_sl

shitlord
I was expecting Walt to kill them all with some magic chemistry while demonstrating his new cooking method. Instead we got a sentry gun that required perfect parking, perfect building placement and for nobody to look in the trunk.

Kinda weak, but the last few episodes have been strong enough to make up for it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So why did he go out of his way to kill Lydia. Lydia never really did anything bad to his family, did she?