Breaking Bad

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
He's also a contradiction.

Sending pictures of dead drug dealers. Taking selfies with them. Laughin' it up.

Shoots Tuco and turns into an emo bitch.

Then goes back to being chucklefuck Hank a few eps later.

spronk

FPS noob
tuco isn't what fucked him up, you need to watch the turtle episode again

it was ABQ bad guys - punk ass bitches - then coming up with real gangsters on the Mexican border

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
tuco isn't what fucked him up, you need to watch the turtle episode again
Incorrect.

He has a panic attack in the elevator before the turtle episode. He also got woozy just seeing the head on the turtle. This was the guy who was laughin' it up a few episodes back when they found the dead bodies in the scrap yard.

8p0rzYC.png

Tuco fucked him up. That's why he tossed the grill into the river.

I watched these eps all in the past few days. Come at me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
He was going to check on a car and ended up in a firefight for his life out of nowhere. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have some resonant shock after that.

Bisi out of all the things you've ever said on this forum, the fact that you weren't crazy about BrBa the first time has cost you the most of my respect.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Still not crazy about it.

I'm more interested in figuring out the characters around Saul

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I watch this entire series for the first time during this deployment. Finished it up a couple nights ago.

Definitely a great show, especially the last season, but I still don't think it touches The Wire for truly great TV.

Sevens

Log Wizard
The Wire is overrated. BrBa was better!
Couldnt agree more, the Wire was ok but not this super awesome great shit like people keep going on about. It had some great characters, Bell, Omar, Snoop. And considering, of the what 5 seasons, one of the seasons (2) was just completely out of left field and not any where near as good as the other 4. BrBa had maybe 1 episode (the fly) that was not as high standard as the others and it was still a good episode

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Couldnt agree more, the Wire was ok but not this super awesome great shit like people keep going on about. It had some great characters, Bell, Omar, Snoop. And considering, of the what 5 seasons, one of the seasons (2) was just completely out of left field and not any where near as good as the other 4. BrBa had maybe 1 episode (the fly) that was not as high standard as the others and it was still a good episode

This is the BrBa thread so not to derail this too much but your opinion is wrong bro, hopelessly wrong.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
This is the BrBa thread so not to derail this too much but your opinion is wrong bro, hopelessly wrong.
BrBa was a much better show from start to finish. I would see some arguments for The Wire but honestly that whole second season was just dumb, not connected really to any of the other seasons and therefore 20% of your total was not very good.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I've tried to watch The Wire in full now 3 times and always love S1 and get stuck about 4 eps into Season 2 and leave the series for a year or two.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I've tried to watch The Wire in full now 3 times and always love S1 and get stuck about 4 eps into Season 2 and leave the series for a year or two.
Just skip season 2, its in no way related to the rest of the show....you wont miss a thing and its really sub par for the wire

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ridiculous. The second season is when you see how deep the rabbit hole goes and how useless taking down an Avon or Marlo is because another one will be propped up.

• 2Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I too waited for this show to run a marathon, and it finally happened. It really was an amazing show, and I loved every minute. I just have to be brutally honest and say that I was completely underwhelmed by the ending. I personally thought that the entire show, from the pilot to the mid-season finale of season 5, had been building up towards two people on opposite sides of a "war," who existed as brothers (in law) but had mirroring obsessions, having a final confrontation. Walt was obsessed with being Heisenberg, and Hank was obsessed with bringing Heisenberg down. Walt had destroyed his family and his career to chase his obsession. Hank had done much the same, albeit slower and was on the verge of fully plunging in, once he had found out who Heisenberg was and dedicated everything to chase his ass down, once Walt skipped town.

They had me going with that train of thought all the way up to the episode before Ozymandias, and I was glued to the TV the entire time. The pieces had all come together and it became a chess match much like the one Walt played with Gus. Except this time, they just ended it abruptly. And instead of Walt and Hank confronting each other after Heisenberg effectively destroyed all they knew and love, and taking each other out, they let a bunch of trailer trash pieces of shit steal the show, the glory, and Heisenberg's money. It was jarring to me, and took me out of the conclusion. I still love it though, and now I really want to see the Wire.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Never really felt that way about Hank up until the last season. You knew he'd play a role, but never thought primary antagonist until the last season

• 1Picard

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Agreed. That opinion of The Wire is as wrong as your opinion of politics.

People who don't like S2 can't look at the big picture and would be better off sticking with episodic shows.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I too waited for this show to run a marathon, and it finally happened. It really was an amazing show, and I loved every minute. I just have to be brutally honest and say that I was completely underwhelmed by the ending. I personally thought that the entire show, from the pilot to the mid-season finale of season 5, had been building up towards two people on opposite sides of a "war," who existed as brothers (in law) but had mirroring obsessions, having a final confrontation. Walt was obsessed with being Heisenberg, and Hank was obsessed with bringing Heisenberg down. Walt had destroyed his family and his career to chase his obsession. Hank had done much the same, albeit slower and was on the verge of fully plunging in, once he had found out who Heisenberg was and dedicated everything to chase his ass down, once Walt skipped town.

They had me going with that train of thought all the way up to the episode before Ozymandias, and I was glued to the TV the entire time. The pieces had all come together and it became a chess match much like the one Walt played with Gus. Except this time, they just ended it abruptly. And instead of Walt and Hank confronting each other after Heisenberg effectively destroyed all they knew and love, and taking each other out, they let a bunch of trailer trash pieces of shit steal the show, the glory, and Heisenberg's money. It was jarring to me, and took me out of the conclusion. I still love it though, and now I really want to see the Wire.
agreed on all but the obsession of Heisenberg. walt had great potential, but threw it away to raise a family. he was obsessed on leaving his mark on the world. but because he was dying, he had to settle for leaving it as the best meth maker in the world.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So there's a 2 hour amateur "movie" cut of all seasons up on ze torrents.

interdasting