Breaking Bad

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what kind of bacon are they using for his 50th? or is that some healthy vegan stuff since he's getting old? (i just don't remember and it looks hella weird)

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
It looks a lot like turkey bacon but all fake bacon probably looks the same. I think it was some vegetarian bullshit.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Veggie bacon. Aka the impetus behind Walt's downfall. Once his wife served that he lost all hope for mankind.

koljec_sl

shitlord
So, after a few friends and I rewatched the episode last night, we started having a conversation about Badger's Star Trek Episode, and came up with a loose theory based on this conversation being used as "Chekov's gun"
I think your theory is on the right track, but it's just way too specific. Badger's story is simply suggesting that Walt will be hoisted by his own petard.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Given what's at stake, the state of the series and the amount of episodes left to finish the story, I think last Sunday's episode was pretty damn good.

I did not expect WW to take it to Hank so early, but again, there's not a lot of room left to finish the story, and Hank's discovery shouldn't be the emphasis of the finale. Glad they got it out of the way in the first ep.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I really thought that would be the focus on the final episodes, the truth tearing the family apart that Walt did all this shit for (at least on the surface). I'm glad to see I have no idea what is going on.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you would prefer tonotknow the fate of Heisenberg, then please don't click the spoiler.

Gilligan has never hid the fact that he was heavily inspired by The Godfather -- you can find many articles online where he mentions how he shamelessly borrows from the movie. Call it a tip of the hat, or homage, but they hung on the "Hello Carol" scenejust a bittoo long. It just felt "off" to me.

Film buffs know what oranges signify in the realm of The Godfather. Walt's fate is certainly sealed, now it's just a question of how.

rrr_img_40213.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
did anyone examine the lying?
he stopped lying to skylar (he truthfully told her about lydia) (hiding cancer... wasn't really a lie, he wasn't caught)
he didn't lie to hank (just said, i maybe? and i'mma gonna die anyway)

so when confronted by these ppl he doesn't lie

but he flat out lied to jessie, he said mike is alive somewhere.

is jessie the only person he cares about? (besides his kids, that's a given)

or maybe later on walt jr has to die so jessie can live, that'd be awesome!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
did anyone examine the lying?
he stopped lying to skylar (he truthfully told her about lydia) (hiding cancer... wasn't really a lie, he wasn't caught)
he didn't lie to hank (just said, i maybe? and i'mma gonna die anyway)

so when confronted by these ppl he doesn't lie

but he flat out lied to jessie, he said mike is alive somewhere.

is jessie the only person he cares about? (besides his kids, that's a given)

or maybe later on walt jr has to die so jessie can live, that'd be awesome!
The only reason at this point that Walt "cares" about Jesse is that he is one of the few people who knows enough to bring him down.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know about that. We got some insight in previous seasons into Walt's feelings for Jesse. I'm betting it is more than just pragmatism.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Great episode. Really glad they progressed the walt vs hank story this far in this episode. Walt is still an idiot for having that book and I think it's uncharacteristic for him to have it. But I think Walt played his hand well by confronting Hank about it and provoking Hank into threatening to bury Walt. Walt could then give his 'I'm dying' speech and silence Hank. If Walt played it cool Hank would gather evidence and either get himself killed or bring down Walt.

Re: GPS trackers. GPS is just an infrastructure to determine a location of a receiver anywhere in the globe by comparing signals from the different gps satellites in orbit. GPS technology doesn't support transmitting the estimated location from the receiver. GPS trackers can either be retrievable like in the show or can broadcast their location in real time. Those that broadcast their location in real time likely communicate to cell phone towers. Ex:http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/pr...ellers&from=fnuses the GSM frequency bands with tmobile service. But they can use anything really. The robots I use use wifi or radio to transmit their location.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
He doesn't even give a crap about his DEA brother in law finding out who he is. I don't think Walt is scared of Jesse bringing him down.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I don't know about that. We got some insight in previous seasons into Walt's feelings for Jesse. I'm betting it is more than just pragmatism.
Fine Walt loves Jesse like the son he never had. In the end Jesse will take a bullet for Walt, leaving Jesse paralyzed and only able to walk using crutches. Walt will then hate him.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm not sure why he lies to Jesse like that. The framing of the scene itself wasn't exactly subtle . Walt and Jesse "talking" while sitting on the sofa with the cash and the drugs between them.

I think that Jesse is one of the few people Walt genuinely likes, and Walt doesn't want to kill him. But if Jesse knows for sure how fucked up Walt really is, Jesse falls apart. And when Jesse falls apart Walt has to kill Jesse. So Walt says things like "I need you to believe this for me" and Jesse has enough sense to at least play along while Walt is in the room.

I don't know why. There's probably some reasoning for it along the lines of Walt never completely left his teaching days behind, and as long as Jesse lives Walt can look at how rich and 'competent' Jesse is now and Walt can attribute that to his own influence. Walt's acted paternally to Jesse since season 2, and this past episode he even calls him son. So I guess Jesse is not-crippled Walt, Jr. in Walt Sr's. eyes.

But Walt will still kill that little bitch if he comes unhinged. You don't buck Walt.

And if you look at how Skylar was acting Walt didn't need to lie to her anymore. He got Skylar to play along and stop bucking him. There's just no reason to lie to her anymore. And with Hank -- lying to Hank would only make Hank buck Walt harder. So laying it out there is the one (bad) chance Walt has to immediately quell that rebellion. And I'm sure that Walt thinks he can kill Hank if it comes to that. For all we know right now Walt's right.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
walt cares a fucking ton about Jessie. he has shown what lengths he is willing to go to protect him. he knows that jessie likes mike. if he told him that he killed his ass, he will lose jessie forever. and thats something that will break walter more than anything else (not including his family being killed). hank is cool but he can also be a giant asshole. its much easier to be a prick to his face than to jessie