Breaking Bad

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
h2o2 also known as hydrogen peroxide, as in a hydrogen to each (per) oxygen.
Peroxide refers to the peroxide bond with an oxidation state of -2 and is not referring to the ratio of oxygen to hydrogen. Anyways, I think he's saying that he knew it was something common like the hydrogen peroxide it ended up being

iannis

Musty Nester
That's all I'm saying. If it had been a rare or controlled chemical, they wouldn't have made such a big deal about "we're not in the biz of teaching people how to melt bodies". They woulda been like, "It's such and such, and the only place you can get it is DOW chemicals. It takes special permits and the US Military keeps a tally of all quantities produced. Good luck chuckleheads."

Edit: With as much steam (and you assume heat) as the reaction produced it seems that it would be a fairly shitty method to melt bodies anyway. Good for melting bones maybe. But you ain't doing that in the back of the strip club without the fire deparment coming out thinking the building is burning down.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Steam = white. Smoke from a fire= black. Lots of places give off a lot of steam and the Fire Department can tell the difference.

Ganthorn

N00b
I tried watching BB 2-3 times and just could not get into the show. I'm recovering from surgery currently and had way too much time on my hands so I *made* myself watch season 1 completely to see what all the hype was about. What the hell is wrong with me?! This show is fucking awesome. I marathoned the shows over a 4 day span and now I am caught up waiting for Sunday with everyone else.
I had a similar problem with Dexter. First time around I watched the first episode or two and was like meh. But I kept hearing about it so I tried again and then liked it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

I know it's been posted, but I was re-watching this scene. Man, Cranston changing his voice on demand like that when he says "tread lightly" is perfect. I almost wonder if they used some audio effects to make it sound more sinister. I mean, I know Cranston is capable of swapping to the Heisenberg voice, but "tread lightly" in this is so clean and defined, and such a perfect pitch and intonation drop that it's unreal.

I love this shit in this show, very subtle highlights.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TQGYTHg.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I know it's been posted, but I was re-watching this scene. Man, Cranston changing his voice on demand like that when he says "tread lightly" is perfect. I almost wonder if they used some audio effects to make it sound more sinister. I mean, I know Cranston is capable of swapping to the Heisenberg voice, but "tread lightly" in this is so clean and defined, and such a perfect pitch and intonation drop that it's unreal.

I love this shit in this show, very subtle highlights.
cranston does the tread lightly line in the breakibg bad podcast that nobody listens to.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Final episode, Walt changes his identity, moves to NYC and becomes a dentist.

rrr_img_41341.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The reason people hate her character is the fact that she's whiny and gutless and when she does choose to assert herself, it's always for the wrong things.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol @ the deflection that only a misogynist could dislike her character. Based on the few interviews I've seen of her I'm actually surprised she thinks she's some kind of strong woman rolemodel who is also victimized by Walt instead of the raging bitch she is. Every female of value in my life is a strong woman including the woman I married and I don't find her character intolerable because she's strong. Skylar is terrible because she's annoying, vindictive, undependable and her few redeeming qualities were pretty much brushed aside in the show.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
lol @ the deflection that only a misogynist could dislike her character. Based on the few interviews I've seen of her I'm actually surprised she thinks she's some kind of strong woman rolemodel who is also victimized by Walt instead of the raging bitch she is. Every female of value in my life is a strong woman including the woman I married and I don't find her character intolerable because she's strong. Skylar is terrible because she's annoying, vindictive, undependable and her few redeeming qualities were pretty much brushed aside in the show.
Completely agree. I grew up with seven sisters, most of whom I respect immensely. A strong female role model Skylar ain't. I feel even more justified in hating her character after reading that column.

Hey guys, remember how everyone hates Ripley because she's just too strong of a female character it threatens us as men?!

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
Does anyone remember how passive aggressive she was in the first 3 seasons ? Completely unbearable. It has nothing to do with being a woman, just how she was written plus how anna gunn portrays her.