Breaking Bad

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoyed it but not as much as some of you seem to have. I'd put it on par with an average episode of BB, which is still pretty good. Felt Tarantino-ish with the long scenes but Tarantino is a master at making long scenes gripping, kinda missed that here in some places.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Loved that guys acting. Todd has a lot of borderline "Mindhunter" qualities about him. Watching his character, and how Jesse realizes how "off" he is, was great.

I legitimately believed simultaneously -

1. The gun has no bullets and Todd's fucking with him. If Jesse fails the test he's going to get the beating of a lifetime.
2. The gun is loaded but if Jesse tries to use it Todd's going to use the Instant Transmission, teleport behind Jesse, and give him the beating of a lifetime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Maybe it would get old but my thinking is just like Better Call Saul there is a short time frame where it's from young Todd to when Todd met Walt and Jesse at the Fumigator. You should be able to keep a pretty tight story and the character in a way is hilarious with how dead eye he is.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I legitimately believed simultaneously -

1. The gun has no bullets and Todd's fucking with him. If Jesse fails the test he's going to get the beating of a lifetime.
2. The gun is loaded but if Jesse tries to use it Todd's going to use the Instant Transmission, teleport behind Jesse, and give him the beating of a lifetime.
Schrodinger's gun. It's both loaded and unloaded until Jesse makes a move.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe it would get old but my thinking is just like Better Call Saul there is a short time frame where it's from young Todd to when Todd met Walt and Jesse at the Fumigator. You should be able to keep a pretty tight story and the character in a way is hilarious with how dead eye he is.
Honestly, I'd trust Vince Gilligan with whatever at this point, he's more than earned the benefit of the doubt. But Todd isn't really like the other people on the show. Like, Saul was a piece of shit, he did or enabled horrible things to be done. But even before better Call Saul, you could see his layers and confliction. Todd is just that guy. I love the actor and the character is good for what it is, just not sure if I want a story about the white supremacist teen who murders and enslaves people, while having whacky hijinks with Badger and Skinny Pete.

Just give those 2 a show, have them tell us their cracky tales.

• 2Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Is there actual talk of a show with "Todd"? Or is this just speculation/ideas?

Think it's more that I wouldn't be surprised if Gilligan returns to this universe he's created and if so what would be an interesting spin-off? Originally everyone wanted a Gus Frings one if I remember correctly.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I wouldn't be surprised if Todd isnt into the Nazi aspect and just does what he does for some simplistic mindset of connnecting with his uncle.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He never does anything overtly "nazi" in the show, really. But I don't think his uncles really do, either. It's just kind of background on their characters. Todd could be anything really, dude's just a psychopath.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this a lot. My kid came running into the room on FRI when I was playing some games and hes like DAD the breaking bad movie is out!!! Then later he comes back and says its the best movie he saw in years.

So I gave it a watch sat night.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to watching this. Really good and really unnecessary. Basically, Vince flexing. I'll take that over most of the diluted crap that's being pumped out these days.

The two welding guys talking to each other like they were cops...was that just for the audience? They didn't know Jesse was there. I'll have to watch the scene again, but I swear they were acting like it was a crime scene after they shut the door on the nosy neighbor.

I really like handgun shootouts in Breaking Bad are 90% misses even at close range. Can anyone comment as to how close to realistic this is?

EDIT: used wrong tags to hide spoilers, not sure if chaos chaos or anyone else really cares

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Unnecessary, but satisfying, imo. Nice to see someone win, and god knows he paid.

After they came in the apt, they basically just went "wtf happened to this place?" then "alright, you start on that end, I'll start on this one". It wasn't anything explicit.

I'm not a gun guy but I imagine that's more or less how shootouts would go. Especially in that case, you have one guy ready and everyone else is coked out of their minds and surprised at the situation. People react weird to stress.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well when he shot him, it was with the revolver hidden in his pocket. So he wasnt really aiming down sights was he? I would say it would be pretty difficult to hit the target even at those distances, 10 yards?, when youre not trained in doing so.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, again not a gun guy, but I imagine that specific shot would be pretty difficult to get off with that degree of accuracy. Wasn't 10 yards, more like 10 feet, they were pretty close.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched the entire series again in the past 3 weeks for the first time since initial airing on AMC.

First time around... I loved Walt. He was compelling, smarter than everyone else, and I mostly felt he was a noble anti-hero.

Second time around, I see Walt as pure evil. The levels of manipulation he did to everyone is shocking and horrific. Skyler and Marie are still a bit annoying, but I actually was far more empathetic to their situation and pitiable this time around. I feel awful for the Jesse character. Walt mind fucked him to oblivion and back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
I like how the good guy ends up bad, and the asshole (Hank) ends up being morality. It's quite a transition and it's done great. But yeah, fuck Skyler. Don't forget cheating on your cancer husband.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Finally got around to watching this. Really good and really unnecessary. Basically, Vince flexing. I'll take that over most of the diluted crap that's being pumped out these days.

The two welding guys talking to each other like they were cops...was that just for the audience? They didn't know Jesse was there. I'll have to watch the scene again, but I swear they were acting like it was a crime scene after they shut the door on the nosy neighbor.

I really like handgun shootouts in Breaking Bad are 90% misses even at close range. Can anyone comment as to how close to realistic this is?

EDIT: used wrong tags to hide spoilers, not sure if chaos chaos or anyone else really cares

I took a criminal justice class in college a LONG time ago and I seem to remember the professor, who was a cop, saying that most shootouts are misses.