Breaking Bad

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Great episode, it leaves me wondering though. A few weeks ago someone linked thecast for this episodeand it had Crazy 8, Jane, Gale, Tuco, Mike all listed. Was that something they did on purpose to throw off peoples predictions, or is it a mistake on IMDB and maybe we'll have flashbacks/storytime next episode?

Also, based on the title of next weeks episode, Walt is going to:

New Hampshire (episode is titled "Granite State")

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Great episode, it leaves me wondering though. A few weeks ago someone linked thecast for this episodeand it had Crazy 8, Jane, Gale, Tuco, Mike all listed. Was that something they did on purpose to throw off peoples predictions, or is it a mistake on IMDB and maybe we'll have flashbacks/storytime next episode?

Also, based on the title of next weeks episode, Walt is going to:

New Hampshire (episode is titled "Granite State")
You're not spoiling anything. We've known that for two years, since the flash forward in the diner that began Season 5.

conexes

Molten Core Raider
I was shocked Walt Jr. so willingly accepted that Walt is evil, especially when all signs prior to entering the house pointed to Skylar having a mental breakdown of some kind. Then she pulls a knife and that makes Walt evil?

Also tenuous about Walt losing his mind at Skylar and stealing the baby, unless the purpose of that was to push her from suspicion somehow.

I was also hoping beyond hope that when Walt confronted Jesse as he was being hauled away he called him "betch" or however that methed up lunatic pronounces it.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
The phone call Walt made to Skylar, am I getting it right that he talked like a sociopath because he knew police were listening and wanted to make it seem like she was the victim in all this so they'd have sympathy for her? He knew he was fucked so the only way to save his family was try to take all the blame

That's what I gathered from that

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Also tenuous about Walt losing his mind at Skylar and stealing the baby, unless the purpose of that was to push her from suspicion somehow.
It was. He was putting on a show to take all the suspicion.

The phone call Walt made to Skylar, am I getting it right that he talked like a sociopath because he knew police were listening and wanted to make it seem like she was the victim in all this so they'd have sympathy for her? He knew he was fucked so the only way to save his family was try to take all the blame

Yeah, his reactions at the end of the call made it very apparent.

Hopefully, after he's dead, there will be a letter or something from Saul, explaining his final actions as a way to absorb all the "sins" for what he's done and allow them to live.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The phone call Walt made to Skylar, am I getting it right that he talked like a sociopath because he knew police were listening and wanted to make it seem like she was the victim in all this so they'd have sympathy for her? That's what I gathered from that
Damn, didn't see it that way but it totally makes sense. I thought he was just trying to scare her to death and then leave with her looking over her shoulder for the rest of her life.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

yeah, you'd have to be fucking retarded to think the police weren't there listening in

Sterling

El Presidente

This was my take on it as well. Amazing episode. Show is so damn good.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Holy shit amazing episode. Wow did that get fucked up real fast. It was like 5 trains colliding at once. Poor Hank. I think he almost forgave Walt there for a minute. I was hoping he would at least wing one of them. ASAC Schraeder though. Fuck yeah. And I really don't feel bad for Pinkman, like, at all. His whiny emo shit this whole season caused a lot of this trainwreck. And also fuck Marie for making Skylar tell Flynn. Feel bad for the poor kid. I find it interesting how Walt is such a well written character, that some people see him as the villain, yet some people like me still root for him through the very end.

Also very interesting that he went out a martyr for Skylar. Hopefully you guys caught that. He basically completely got her off the hook for everything. It took her half the conversation to pick up on it too even.

So what the fuck is going to happen that is going to bring Walt back a year later guns blazing, and what is going to happen to his house? The only plausible situation I can forsee is the nazi's. Also, when Jessie was being beat up, he told Todd about the tape that Hank and Gomie made at Hank's house, interviewing Pinkman. I bet nazi's are going to want to get that tape. Maybe when Marie and Skylar and kids are there? 2 episodes to tie this up, it will be interesting.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Oh and was anyone else cringing waiting for Skyler or Flynn to get accidentally stabbed with the butcher knife during the livingroom wrestling match? I thought for sure one was gonna die.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
That would've been lame as hell, despite that dogshit "gunfight" and the other assorted problems with the previous episode I still have faith the writers won't resort to something that shitty. I'm rooting for Walt, I hope he kills everyone.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Not only is Uncle Jack a criminal mastermind but he doesn't let greed stand in the way of being a nice guy and the best uncle ever!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
And I really don't feel bad for Pinkman, like, at all. .
I feel bad for Pinkman only because the actor portrays his conflict so well. But yeah, while watching the scene with Hank's death, all I'm thinking is: "Christ, another cluster fuck brought on by Pinkman being stupid (And or guilt ridden), misjudging a situation, and then going against Walt when shit goes way south." I mean, that's been Breaking Bad's premise for the last 4 seasons and it works, but Christ it does annoy me Pinkman seems to be the only one not dead from Pinkman's battles with Walt.

Yet somehow I still felt bad when he got drug away. I think, like I said above, it comes down to the fact that deep down you get that Jesse is a good person, doing bad things because he's a fucking moron. So it's like watching a dog get itself into trouble: You just feel bad for it because it doesn't know any better.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
With the flashback at the beginning, I suspect they came up with the desert scene early and wrote the rest of the story to lead to this confrontation. It explains Hank's out of character actions in pursuing Walt and the sloppy writing from the previous episode. Is this type of writing process typical? Action set pieces first, then connect the dots as best you can?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

yep,thats what i got too. the payoff being that he delivered holly safely to the fire dept with his home address taped to her blanket. the big hint was walt telling her that she was always against his way of making money. we know goddamned well she joined up with walt 2 years ago and even encouraged him to murder jesse. he is still trying to take care of his family, this way skyler and family get put in some protective custoday. marie too probably.

spronk

FPS noob
Oh and was anyone else cringing waiting for Skyler or Flynn to get accidentally stabbed with the butcher knife during the livingroom wrestling match? I thought for sure one was gonna die.
i'm glad they didn't do that, but yeah I was expecting the same too. I am dumb though, I didn't pick up at all on Walt pinning everything on himself to try and get Skyler off the hook, it really sounded like Walt was just full on sociopath mode and then backed off when he realized he can't really run with Holly. I can't even imagine where they go from here or how they get to Walt coming back in a year and why, but I cannot fucking wait to find out

Todd scares the fuck out of me too, it felt like he was treating Jesse like a bug or something. I gotta take back some of my criticism of the white power nazi gang, they were pretty goddamn awesome this episode and I totally did not see the Uncle going the way he did.

Todd doesn't give a shit about money, he's said so before basically. The nazis probably will all leave and live in NaziLand paradise, but Todd seems to want to BECOME heisenberg, specifically a science genius. Just the way he suited up and told Jesse that lets get ready to cook, it just feels like he is a complete psycho who has some serious fetish with Walt. Whoah, what if he starts obsessing over Walt's family...