Breaking Bad

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never realized it, but according to an article I read in Rolling Stones, only two years have gone by in terms of the show. When the show starts it is Walt's 50th birthday, and as we saw in the flash-forward at the start of this season, it is his 52nd birthday. Additionally, we aren't sure yet how much time passes between the end of the last episode and the flash-forward.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So my brother in law just gave me the first four seasons on DVD to watch. I'm only 2 episodes into the first season, and it's good but not as amazing as Boardwalk Empire/Soprano's/Walking Dead, in my opinion. Is this a series that as with Boardwalk Empire gets better with time or am I just missing the boat?
Definitely stick with it. I'd say the evaluation point is probably the end of Season 2. If you're not into it by then you're probably not going to get into it. For my money, Season 3 is one of the best things to have ever appeared on non-premium TV. The Walt-Gustavo story arc is money and tits.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Well I guess it's time to pop in a few more episodes and throw back some beer!
I didn't like season 1 at all. After 5 seasons I think it's the best show on TV (Boardwalk Empire might take this after another season as good as the last two). Keep going.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Okay, so I've got one more episode of season 1 to watch. After the 5th episode I almost threw in the towel, then in 6 things took a HUGE turn around. As everyone here has seen it and it's not a spoiler, it's the episode where he has the family sit down, loses his hair, and goes rambo with the explosive crystal in the gang leaders hang out. In other words, he's truly breaking. Consider me hooked.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah that's kind of a tipping point to the show. It's pretty consistently excellent throughout with very few actual shitty episodes.

spronk

FPS noob
if you watch downton abbey last nights colbert was hilarious, he somehow got the stars of downton to do a breaking bad sketch

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Okay, so I've got one more episode of season 1 to watch. After the 5th episode I almost threw in the towel, then in 6 things took a HUGE turn around. As everyone here has seen it and it's not a spoiler, it's the episode where he has the family sit down, loses his hair, and goes rambo with the explosive crystal in the gang leaders hang out. In other words, he's truly breaking. Consider me hooked.
It never slows down again.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
My biggest complaint with season one was simply just not liking Jesse. Both as a character and the acting done by Aaron Paul. But holy fuck do I do a complete 180 on the stance with every season that follows. He ends up with 2 well deserved Emmy wins and I'm really looking forward to seeing where his career goes after the show.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. It's a little ironic but Jesse is the one character in the show that I actually give a fuck about. Hank -- don't really care. Walt -- REALLY don't care. The women, the kids? Who?

But I sorta hope that at some point in the upcoming half season Jesse just gets into his car and drives to California. And that's it. Jesse just gets in his car and leaves. There's not some big build up or explanation, he just takes off. lol.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Jesse is easily my favorite character of the series at this point, but I agree he was not particularly likeable in S1 and the first part of S2. He was a first-rate fuckup. He's certainly come a long way in 5 seasons. I think Paul did a reasonably good job with the character even back in S1 though. He's not supposed to be completely likeable. He does a good job with the nervous energy that many addicts exhibit.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
My biggest complaint with season one was simply just not liking Jesse. Both as a character and the acting done by Aaron Paul. But holy fuck do I do a complete 180 on the stance with every season that follows. He ends up with 2 well deserved Emmy wins and I'm really looking forward to seeing where his career goes after the show.
Initially, I liked Jesse as sort of a foil to Walt, but that started becoming tiresome, and the writers must've realized the same thing. Now he's more or less become the heart of the show. The funny thing is, Jesse was supposed to die in the 9th episode of the first season. The season had to be cut to seven episodes because of the writers' strike.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, he is. But he's a lovable dumbass. He really does try to not be a complete cunt.

Which makes him the opposite of every other character in the show!