BrightBurn (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
3.43 star(s) Rating: 3.43/5 7 Votes
Title: BrightBurn (2019)

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction

Director: David Yarovesky

Cast: Elizabeth Banks, David Denman, Meredith Hagner, Matt Jones, Jennifer Holland, Steve Agee, Becky Wahlstrom, Terence Rosemore, Stephen Blackehart, Jackson A. Dunn, Annie Humphrey, Christian Finlayson, Emmie Hunter, Mike Dunston

Release: 2019-05-23

Plot: What if a child from another world crash-landed on Earth, but instead of becoming a hero to mankind, he proved to be something far more sinister?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I didn't know this was a thing until today. It looks really interesting to me. I tried to search for this half a dozen times but I keep getting an XML error or something. I didnt see it in the last 3 pages.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I some how got this mixed up with "prodigy" that comes out soon. I kept thinking damn, I thought it was more superhero based.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
"hey guys let's make an exact superman origin clone but he'll be a bad kid"

"k good idea but lets switch up his powers a little and mayb...."

thrownoutwindow.jpg

• 2Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
didnt we already have a thread on this?

anyway, what an interesting novel idea that has never been done before.

• 2Like

Goonsquad Officer
They should just make a full length movie for 'the flying man'

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Red Son, kind of. But I’m not a comic book nerd so I don’t read any of these things.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah it's not groundbreaking original, but I like Gunn and it appeals to the comic nerd in me so I'll go see it.

• 2Like

Syddin

Trakanon Raider
1549561555017.png

I wish it was this

• 2Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Elizabeth Banks and Roy from the office, that just screams talent on a budget. Looks cool though, i'll check it out maybe probably.

• 2Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Eh. It's different. Nice to see a different spin on shit.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have an idea how to make this not a total rip-off, and be fairly clever.

Go full on with the parody flip.

After he goes on a rampage, and declares himself king of the world. An Alien invasion of peaceful superpowered aliens show up, and are confused why their emissary went on a rampage. Turns out he hit his head and got braindamage in the crash landing.

Reverse Goku/Irongiant him. Instead of alien invader that hit his head, and fights to save humans from the other invaders. The aliens were good guys, and hitting his head turned him into a monster.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

But then if you follow the DBZ formula, then the good aliens become evil also to fit in with not-Goku

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He would have been a good alien, but water makes his race insane. Then Adam Sandler tackles him.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just saw this preview. Not big into "true" horror, so the parody aspect and being a straight rip of Superman has perked my interests. Trails off Batfleck's mental attitude about the insane and scary the power level of Superman is to the general populace.
I wonder if in the process of murdering everyone in this one, does he stop to sexually assault Lana Lang? Is his mom gonna have to kill him with a weapon/kryptonite from his spaceship? Does Bruce Wayne exist in this world? Is he equally fucked?

Last edited:
  • 2Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone see this yet? Debating going tonight or tomorrow

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Anyone see this yet? Debating going tonight or tomorrow
I saw it and enjoyed it. It does a good of depicting what would happen if a non benevolent "Superman" arrived. The violence is a lot more realistic than the Marvel movies. Earns the R rating I would say.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database