Broad City

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Broad City is Comedy Central's newest sitcom. If you're like me you thought it was going to be a sketch show or something based on the commercials. It's not, it's about 2 down on their luck New York ladies making their way. It's been called the female Workaholics and that's not a bad description. I've also called it 2 Broke Girls if 2 Broke Girls had good/funny actresses and writers and wasn't terrible.

Yeah, it's usually good and funny, and is often great and hilarious. You should give it a try for a couple episodes. Plus it's got Hannibal Buress, and he's hilarious.

Working Girls - Broad City Episode - Season 1 - Ep. 103 | Comedy Central

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I end up looking forward to this show every week. There are funnier shows on tv, but there's something about this series that pulls me in. "Truth or Dare?" "Dare" "I dare you to suck Jeremy's dick!"

spronk

FPS noob
i like how gritty they make their show, poor bitch lives in a shitty apartment with a fucked up roommate, not a 5000 square foot loft like every other NYC tv show. i'm glad for my daughters they are making so many female-centric TV shows but kinda sad that the era of "men shows" seems to have drawn to a close.

hannibal buress is getting his own tv show this fall, hopefully he still appears every now and then on this one.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I really didn't know what to think after the first couple episodes, but decided to stick with it anyway. Very glad I did, each episode just keeps improving on the last. I think they are really hitting their stride now. The Truth or Dare episode is probably my fav thus far. I think I laughed more on that episode than I did that week's Workaholic episode.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Truth or Dare episode is probably my fav thus far.
Loved how it escalated so much. Then the ending showing how Ilana got rid of the shit, with Bevvers in the background shitting in his sister's(or was it cousin?) shoe. Just right in the hall, not even hidden.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hannibal Buress did an AMA today.

Only reason I mention it is someone asked him

Any fun deleted scenes or dialogue you can give us?

And he replied with
----------------------------------------------------
INT: ILANA'S APT

Lincoln enters to see Ilana fucking another dude.

LINCOLN: What the fuck babe? ILANA: Derrr, I'm getting some pink dick. Now gett outta her.
LINCOLN: But I love you! ILANA: I know you love me but I'm young and I only care about myself. LINCOLN: Welp, I gotta murder both of ya'll

LINCOLN PICKS UP A LAMP AND CHARGES IT KINETICALLY (ALA GAMBIT) AND THROWS IT AT ILANA AND THE DUDE.

THEY BOTH DIE. LINCOLN GOES HOME AND STARTS PLAYING NBA 2K14 ON XBOX ONE. HE STARTS AN ONLINE MATCH AND PLAYS SOMEONE THAT PICKS THE HEAT. LINCOLN PICKS THE MILWAUKEE BUCKS. THE GUY THAT PICKS THE HEAT HAS A 100-0 RECORD. LINCOLN DESTROYS THE HEAT BY 20 POINTS, MASTURBATES AND FALLS ASLEEP.

OJ MAYO PLAYER OF THE GAME.

SCENE

Yeah that didn't make the cut. I pitched it.
---------------------------------------------------

Hannibal Buress rules.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I just saw the trailer for Neighbors and remembered I just caught up on Broad City and wanted to post that Lincoln is by far the best part of the show, and how awesome he is. Then I saw everyone talking about Hannibal Buress, and I figured I better google him. So yeah, I agree with everyone else, Hannibal Buress is awesome. Particularly after reading that AMA answer Grimmlokk posted above.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay this show is kind of funny. I hope there are girls out there who act somewhat like this. Most of the femme potheads I knew were way more boring!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I watched the first episode of this season and it was quite a bit funnier than I expected it to be. I didn't watch last year because people were comparing it to Workaholics which I don't enjoy but I liked this at least for one episode.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find Ilana even more strangely hot, and I can't explain it because she is not hot. Except her tits look like they might be rad.

Ilana-Glazer-naked-broad-city-mister-scandal.gif

As for Workaholics, the comparison makes a little sense because same network and night and they're vaguely similar. Young people struggling in the real world. But Workaholics is generally a lot more out there and fantastical. Relies on the situation a lot for the jokes. Broad City relies more on the characters.

Like I said before, it's like if Two Broke Girls had funny writers, funny actresses, and was actually good. In that it's about two girls who are broke.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I lost it when Abby had her choreographed dances at the Top Shop. Ilana pointing out how ridiculous it was while it's happening and the amount of time it'd take to learn was pretty great too.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, spot on Grimlokk. The situations in this show are far more realistic than Workaholics (even though they're still a bit ridiculous) and the character interactions are humorous. Ilana probably has some awesome tits. Neither of them are hot... but they are both strangely hot... such mixed feelings. I enjoy the "struggling in the real world" theme too. I honestly wonder, do any regular everyday pothead women keep weed in their snatch like Ilana does? Because if so... god damn that's kind of gross.

I fucking lost it with the SelectDate shit they used her painting for in the apt with everyone else being black. Hannibal immediately saying that she wasn't really his friend was priceless. That was gold.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ilana at work is the best.

Also that top she wore is more evidence for my theory that she definitely has totally awesome tits.

Not that it matters, because her at work is seriously hilarious. Then again so is Abbi at work.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Newest episode was amazing. Ilana and Abby talking about pegging the dude while at the funeral was the best part.