Bugs as Food Thread

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Id try cricket meal etc maybe. But if my only choice was grilled grasshopper and spiders, I choose cannibalism.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think I would rather eat people and I am not kidding.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I’ve eaten bugs in Asia and Africa. They aren’t bad if they’re fried and not chewy

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I’ve eaten bugs in Asia and Africa. They aren’t bad if they’re fried and not chewy
Dude we are not taking advise from you on what to put in our mouths.

• 1Moron
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
IBTR

giphy.gif

• 1Moron

Cybsled

Shrimp, lobsters, etc are basically bugs when you get down to it

• 2Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Bugs as food comes up in The Wandering Inn, I dunno if it's true in RL but it was mentioned there that bugs are generally bitter or sour cuz tasting good is a bad idea.

• 2Garbage

Cybsled

That is true for many things, not just bugs. The real question is whether cooking or preperation eliminates that.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I had chocolate-covered deep fried tarantulas when I was in Ecuador. Surprisingly not bad.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol at the price - I wouldn't come close to even having the conversation until they rank in the top 5 of cheapest sources of protien

40 bucks for 78 grams of protien - lol

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Figure we might as well get a head start on this. Anyone already eating bugs as part of their diet? Just ordered these to try.
Have you eaten anything with an exoskeleton? Land bug, sea bug, same fucking thing. And before some genius waddles in here and tells me sea bugs and land bugs aren't the same...yes they are. They ALL belong to the phylum Arthropoda.

Bugs have been part of our diet since the day we could fucking CHEW. Does that mean we should eat anything with a exoskeleton? Sure, no. There's a lot of shit crawling around on the sea floor, and we eat mostly shrimp, crab, and lobster....the rest we NOPE out on.

There's a reason why we don't eat land bugs is because they are inedible, not because we are all dainty daisies who faint at the sight of bug eyes staring back at us as we chow down on them.

Go steam a cockroach and a shrimp and tell me which one smells more appetizing.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Cybsled

Locusts are supposedly Shrimp-like. I did always find it interesting that they are virtually the only arthropod that is considered kosher, which makes sense because the whole basis for that stuff was basically an ancient version of a health manual

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Have you eaten anything with an exoskeleton? Land bug, sea bug, same fucking thing. And before some genius waddles in here and tells me sea bugs and land bugs aren't the same...yes they are. They ALL belong to the phylum Arthropoda.

Bugs have been part of our diet since the day we could fucking CHEW. Does that mean we should eat anything with a exoskeleton? Sure, no. There's a lot of shit crawling around on the sea floor, and we eat mostly shrimp, crab, and lobster....the rest we NOPE out on.

There's a reason why we don't eat land bugs is because they are inedible, not because we are all dainty daisies who faint at the sight of bug eyes staring back at us as we chow down on them.

Go steam a cockroach and a shrimp and tell me which one smells more appetizing.
yea ppl see a lobster and go

wow that is awesome meat
compressed_Folder-7_3a.gif

no thats b/c you steamed the lobster and the proteins congealed together, otherwise if you just chop up a lobster it's all goo, literally just dripping goo, and if you tried to eat a raw lobster, you'd probably get sick

plus i imagine the texture is disgusting, i've handled raw lobster and its like slime

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>