Business Ethics - Companies that you refuse to do business with

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Like a lot of other people have said, I refuse to use Wal-Mart. There is clearly more then enough evidence on how slimy they are if anyone really wants to know. Anyone who supports them that has the means and funds to go elsewhere and doesn't, is clearly anti-business, anti-worker, and dare I say it, anti-American.

I was a long time BofA customer (20+ years) and last year we left them over a bunch of bullshit they pulled on us and other family members, and I won't be using them again if I can help it.

I also refuse to use Amazon after my first and only transaction with them. When they first opened and I thought I'd give them a shot, they decided to send my 7 item order one item at a time and charge me shipping each time, which was more then the items were worth. I've since been informed they no longer do this, but fuck 'em.
Bet you ordered them one at atime like a dumbass.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Mostly all of them. Business ethics is an oxymoron.

Friedrich Engels_sl said:
Political economy came into being as a natural result of the expansion of trade, and with its appearance elementary, unscientific huckstering was replaced by a developed system of licensed fraud, an entire science of enrichment.
Karl Marx_sl said:
Vulgar economics actually does nothing more than to interpret, to systematize and turn into apologetics ? in a doctrinaire way ? the ideas of the agents who are trapped within bourgeois relations of production. So it should not surprise us that, precisely within the estranged form of appearance of economic relations in which these prima facie absurd and complete contradictions occur ? and all science would be superfluous if the form of appearance of things directly coincided with their essence ? that precisely here vulgar economics feels completely at home, and that these relationships appear all the more self-evident to it, the more their inner interconnection remains hidden to it, even though these relationships are comprehensible to the popular mind.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
EA.

How about places I go out of my way to do business with. Like the grocery store that has all hot 18 to 19 year old female cashiers. Dress code: Yoga pants.

iannis

Musty Nester
I wish I could say I boycott Wal-Mart on principle. But I don't. I don't go to wal-mart because it's full of DREAMERS, American Inventors, and it's built like a giant barn. I feel like a cow inside a wal-mart. I can't shake it. Every time.

moo.

I can't take Target either. So much red. So much fucking red.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bet you ordered them one at atime like a dumbass.
rolleyes.png

Or maybe they just ripped me off and sucked as a company.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yes they really ripped you off. The programmer who wrote their database and website had it out for you.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
rolleyes.png

Or maybe they just ripped me off and sucked as a company.
There's a setting to have items shipped as they become available, with a note that this will increase shipping costs. If I had to guess, you either accidentally selected that, or they had it selected as their default option at the very beginning.

The option is still there, but the default is for sure to ship them all at once. Before I had prime, I'd always select that and I'd still get items shipped separately -- but would only be charged for shipping once.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
As soon as I have a reasonable alternative, Comcast sure the fuck won't be getting another penny out of me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hewlett fucking Packard. Can anyone tell me a single product they've ever made that wasn't complete fucking garbage?

Northerner

N00b
I worked with a pretty decent HP plotter for quite a while.

Don't get me wrong, 99% of their products are shit. Still, it was a good plotter.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Like a lot of other people have said, I refuse to use Wal-Mart. There is clearly more then enough evidence on how slimy they are if anyone really wants to know. Anyone who supports them that has the means and funds to go elsewhere and doesn't, is clearly anti-business, anti-worker, and dare I say it, anti-American.
Instead of blanket, ridiculous statements, how about a link or two of "slimy evidence "instead of just assuming you'll go uncontested because you have the same political world view as 90% of the board? It shouldn't be a problem since there is clearly more then [sic] enough floating around.

Edit: I will say that where I grew up (KC MO area) the Walmarts were very different from the Walmarts I went to on the east coast (NJ, NC, NY). The demographic of the average shopper was conspicuously more brown and more poor on the east coast. I always assumed that this was the reason why people didn't like Walmarts, but now I see it's because someone else said they're shitty and it wouldn't be fitting to disagree with the rest of the flock.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Sony Online Entertainment. Electronic Arts. Any movie with Tom Cruise, Wil Smith, or John Travolta.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Instead of blanket, ridiculous statements, how about a link or two of "slimy evidence "instead of just assuming you'll go uncontested because you have the same political world view as 90% of the board? It shouldn't be a problem since there is clearly more then [sic] enough floating around.

Edit: I will say that where I grew up (KC MO area) the Walmarts were very different from the Walmarts I went to on the east coast (NJ, NC, NY). The demographic of the average shopper was conspicuously more brown and more poor on the east coast. I always assumed that this was the reason why people didn't like Walmarts, but now I see it's because someone else said they're shitty and it wouldn't be fitting to disagree with the rest of the flock.
Walmart: The High Cost Of Low Pricesis an easy starting place. A two minute search of the web will give you ton of information. But clearly you are not that interested.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm with Eomer. I don't avoid Wal-Mart because it's an evil corporation. I avoid Wal-Mart because of its customers.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hewlett fucking Packard. Can anyone tell me a single product they've ever made that wasn't complete fucking garbage?
They make the best servers on the planet. Their business workstations are great too and I wouldn't buy any brand other than HP for office printers. If you think HP is bad go buy some Dell PC's and printers..

I agree that most of their consumer stuff is junk, but I feel the same way about Dell, Acer, Lexmark, etc as well.

They make the best servers on the planet. Their business workstations are great too and I wouldn't buy any brand other than HP for office printers. If you think HP is bad go buy some Dell PC's and printers..
much prefer lenovo to HP for anything other than printers.