Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Vhx2xFm.jpg

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But the upside is that white men can now win the discrimination lawsuit lottery. I'm just waiting for the first ruling that telling someone to check there privilege is in fact grounds for awarding damages. Based on the fact that the statement inherently targets people based upon race, sex, class. Once that happens we just have to wait for insurance industry to wipe SJW crowd out of any positions of power because of the legal risks they represent.

Teacher sues, says he was targeted for being a white male | New York Post

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's not really their front page. They did post a lot of fucking bullshit for a while but they seem to be scaling back.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
No kidding. Not to mention that if a woman is 200lbs+ it's from her own doing and she can change it if she wants to. A guy shorter than 6' can't exactly stretch his legs Gattaca style.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
To be fair she probably doesn't weigh 200. She's probably only like 193 or so.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Wasn't sure where to put this. Figured this might work.

I'm curious about the chicken and egg issue. I'm not sure how strong the link is between religious, dumb, and married people is. The best friend facet must detract from that cynical perspective though. I think it's a smart move to be married to someone you're that close to and/or consider your spouse greater than your other relationships. I've met some folks that can't manage that, and I don't envy their relationship.

In anew working paper, Canadian economists Shawn Grover and John Helliwell show the effect of marriage on a lifetime of happiness. They find that married people are generally happier, and that the "happiness bonus" from marriage is strongest right in middle age -- when you need it the most.

"One hypothesis that could explain why the U-shape in life satisfaction over age is deeper for the unmarried than the married is that the social support provided by a spouse helps ease the stresses of middle age," they write.

This "social support," as it turns out, is one of the lynchpins of marital happiness. It's not simply enough to be married -- it has to be a good marriage. The study finds that the happiness benefits of marriage are strongest among spouses whoconsider each other their best friends, and that this "best friend effect" is substantial. "The well-being benefits of marriage are on average about twice as large for those (about half of the sample) whose spouse is also their best friend," the authors conclude.

The paper also finds good evidence to support the notion that the effect of marriage on well-being is causal. After controlling for individuals' self-reported happiness before getting married, the authors found that those who get married end up happier than those who stay single.

The institution of marriage has taken a central role in the national debate over poverty and inequality. On any number of social, educational and economic indicators, children of married parents fare better than kids of unmarried ones.

But as this study shows, the benefits of marriage accrue to the individual spouses, as well, and at the most fundamental level of daily well-being, happiness and life satisfaction.
Middle age is slightly less terrible when youre married - The Washington Post

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can sympathize. I usually only scream that stuff when I'm walking alone in the woods in the summer though. :p