Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

khorum

Murder Apologist
Maybe they're MRAs helping remove evidence for the inevitable "I-lied-about-the-rape-but-i-can-sue-for-defamation-for-calling-me-a-liar" lawsuit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They ask a bunch of women if they thought they were raped by defining rape as unwanted sexual advances.
Didn't read study, didn't read any of my posts.

Again, while the survey asked many questions many different ways, the only behaviors that were counted for attempted/completed forcible rape was unwanted attempted/completed penetration using force or threats of force against an unwilling victim.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Didn't read study, didn't read any of my posts.

Again, while the survey asked many questions many different ways, the only behaviors that were counted for attempted/completed forcible rape was unwanted attempted/completed penetration using force or threats of force against an unwilling victim.
Pay attention please. My issue is not with how the researchers worked with the data, my issue is how the data was reported by the women.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Here's someone else's art project:
qijTR.gif

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pay attention please. My issue is not with how the researchers worked with the data, my issue is how the data was reported by the women.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? The researchers specifically asked for lesser behaviors, then did not include those in the data.

Are you saying that women are unable to tell if someone attempted/completed forcible penetration or threatened to do so against their will? Because that's a new fucking low.

I mean, you might have a few crazies in a bunch, but not enough to sway a 500 person survey with 4 interval measures, and those crazies should be counterbalanced by the craziest in denial about getting raped/attempted raped.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? The researchers specifically asked for lesser behaviors, then did not include those in the data.

Are you saying that women are unable to tell if someone attempted/completed forcible penetration or threatened to do so against their will? Because that's a new fucking low.

I mean, you might have a few crazies in a bunch, but not enough to sway a 500 person survey with 4 interval measures, and those crazies should be counterbalanced by the craziest in denial about getting raped/attempted raped.
What I am saying is that the women would report these things as unwanted sexual encounters if:

1) they regretted it the next day
2) they are not clear on what "forced" means and might assume it means that if the guy asked more than once
3) if they werent sure if they wanted to fuck a guy but did so anyway to make him go away
4) see (3) but they blew him instead

and so on...

The answers supplied by women in the study are subject ENTIRELY to their interpretation of events and not what actually happened.

We have people crying about a rape scene on TV "triggering" PTSD, how do you think these blue hairs would react to a guy touching their hand without permission? And who do you think is more likely, out of women taking this study, to reply in negative manner to such questions. The data collected is biased and hence is fucking worthless.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
2) they are not clear on what "forced" means and might assume it means that if the guy asked more than once
3) if they werent sure if they wanted to fuck a guy but did so anyway to make him go away
What you're not getting through your thick skull is that these questions (and other behaviors) were SPECIFICALLY asked for, and then those affirmatives were not counted towards the statistics for forcible rape. This was done SPECIFICALLY to exclude these behaviors from the statistic.

About the only thing you could complain about is certain situations where "guy got rough with her, the next day she decided it was too rough and considered it rape" and I'll give you that point, but I'm not thinking that's a huge number.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What you're not getting through your thick skull is that these questions (and other behaviors) were SPECIFICALLY asked for, and then those affirmatives were not counted towards the statistics for forcible rape. This was done SPECIFICALLY to discard these behaviors from the statistic.
Those were just a few examples; if they dont apply, there are many more. Are you really disagreeing with the premise that the data used in the study is subject entirely to the woman's interpretation of the events and nothing else?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Those were just a few examples; if they dont apply, there are many more. Are you really disagreeing with the premise that the data used in the study is subject entirely to the woman's interpretation of the events and nothing else?
Are you seriously trying to say that a woman doesn't know whether she was forcibly penetrated against her wishes or not? Because that's some serious next-level denialism.

If you're saying only perfectly objective data counts as facts, then you're throwing all of science under the bus. Every collected data set is at the mercy of instrumentation.

Most of you would fail a community college level research methods course.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well if you do it right they don'tknow, they only suspect. Chloroform and/or Rohypnol sold separately.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They rule that way because their ruling are based around the best interests of the child not the parents rights. Parents rights are secondary. Might seem unfair to you, but thats not what family courts care about. Family courts care about kids being taken care of.
They rule that way because their ruling are based around the best interests of theaccusernot theaccusedrights.Accusedrights are secondary. Might seem unfair to you, but thats not whatcourtscare about. courts care aboutaccuserbeing taken care of.
Lawl. Its all bullshit.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't believe these results translate at all to the general college population. Especially given how previous studies showing about the same percentage we know for a fact used really liberal definitions of the same things. This study coming up with the same number and then not willing to release the college name, seems really fishy to me. Even your anecdotal data is better than cherrypicked data.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. One study isn't enough. Maybe this is my 'white male privilege' talking, but there is no way in fucking hell 20% of college freshmen are fighting off forcible rape. While you can argue the justice system is biased, or argue that the college administrators might want to cover it up, the college students love to dig shit like this up. Rolling Stone, etc, would be filled with TRUE articles about it and wouldn't have been forced to go with some bullshit fake one.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Are you seriously trying to say that a woman doesn't know whether she was forcibly penetrated against her wishes or not? Because that's some serious next-level denialism.

If you're saying only perfectly objective data counts as facts, then you're throwing all of science under the bus. Every collected data set is at the mercy of instrumentation.

Most of you would fail a community college level research methods course.
What I am saying is that the data is tainted by the women's personal bias. Guy didnt commit actual rape but didnt call the next day? RAPE. Guy didnt commit actual rape but turned out to be fat and ugly? RAPE. Woman chose to take it in the ass and felt ashamed afterwards? RAPE. Woman got made fun of by her friends because the guy didnt meat their expectation? RAPE. And on and on and on. There are really good reasons why witness testimony is losing its validity and losing it fast. Same applies here. The data is garbage.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What I am saying is that the data is tainted by the women's personal bias. Guy didnt commit actual rape but didnt call the next day? RAPE. Guy didnt commit actual rape but turned out to be fat and ugly? RAPE. Woman chose to take it in the ass and felt ashamed afterwards? RAPE. Woman got made fun of by her friends because the guy didnt meat their expectation? RAPE. And on and on and on. There are really good reasons why witness testimony is losing its validity and losing it fast. Same applies here. The data is garbage.
There's no incentive for respondents to over-report forcible rape on this survey. You're making no sense here.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
There's no incentive for respondents to over-report forcible rape on this survey. You're making no sense here.
Not saying they are doing it on purpose. But I dont see how anyone can dispute that what is reported is subject to personal biases.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't believe these results translate at all to the general college population. Especially given how previous studies showing about the same percentage we know for a fact used really liberal definitions of the same things. This study coming up with the same number and then not willing to release the college name, seems really fishy to me. Even your anecdotal data is better than cherrypicked data.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. One study isn't enough. Maybe this is my 'white male privilege' talking, but there is no way in fucking hell 20% of college freshmen are fighting off forcible rape. While you can argue the justice system is biased, or argue that the college administrators might want to cover it up, the college students love to dig shit like this up. Rolling Stone, etc, would be filled with TRUE articles about it and wouldn't have been forced to go with some bullshit fake one.
Yeah, a bunch of Brown PhDs are going to risk their careers making up a fictitious college. Keep trying.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yeah, a bunch of Brown PhDs are going to risk their careers making up a fictitious college. Keep trying.
Or they made mistakes, or they went and found some out of the way college in the middle of a serious crisis.

Scientists aren't perfect and when you make claims that don't pass the laugh test, you might want to back it up with better data. Like your very first post on the topic, they went and did a study with supposedly much more stringent definitions of what a rape was and came up with about the same amount as before. If that doesn't raise a red flag with you, dunno what to say.