Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shit even with 9 mil like the dope above you would not have to work another day in your life. Yeah you might not live like a king, but a damn fine prince, lol. Spend a mil right off the bat to set your self up, then live off the interest and dividends. Even at 3% thats $240K per year. Thats more than $4500 per week. A mediocre doctors salary for staying at home and doing nothing. But im sure some sound investment strategy can get you an easy 5-6% and thats even being conservative.

We did some calculations here at work dreaming about lotto (we have a lotto pool at work here) and we essentially worked out that you need about $3 mil so you dont have to work another day in your life, and just live off the interest.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Reading the news today

"Woman trying to prove 'vegans can do anything' among four dead on Mount Everest"

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Maybe she was trying to prove vegans can die on mountains too. Great success!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Maybe she was trying to prove vegans can die on mountains too. Great success!
8y5ABu4.gif

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Shit even with 9 mil like the dope above you would not have to work another day in your life. Yeah you might not live like a king, but a damn fine prince, lol. Spend a mil right off the bat to set your self up, then live off the interest and dividends. Even at 3% thats $240K per year. Thats more than $4500 per week. A mediocre doctors salary for staying at home and doing nothing. But im sure some sound investment strategy can get you an easy 5-6% and thats even being conservative.

We did some calculations here at work dreaming about lotto (we have a lotto pool at work here) and we essentially worked out that you need about $3 mil so you dont have to work another day in your life, and just live off the interest.
I'm making around 7.5% over the past 15 years, including the downturns. Assuming your home is paid off you can live quietly but comfortably on the income from 400k of principle and keep up with inflation.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
This must be a common discussion at engineering companies. I also went through this exercise with my co-workers a while back and we figured $3-5m cash (meaning after taxes, etc) would be a ticket to freedom. As in, you can live a good middle class lifestyle without doing another day's work in your life.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
When women can be misogynist trolls, we need a feminist internet

Make huge spectacles online accusing men of misogyny and that's the reason you need authoritarian controls--find out women hate you just as much and are just as comfortable using your sex as a method to tell you to fuck off (Proving it's not actually some toxic masculine hatred--rather just caustic arguments are often formed based on apparent attributes, fat people get made fun of for being fat, men get called man babies, women bitches ect)...and the answer is to double down. (Don't even take a moment to explain how your ideological analysis and subsequent 'conclusion' was wildly and utterly wrong, which should make any rational person question the ideology for further analysis or use.)

?\_(?)_/?

I mean, I guess these are just classic Marx things--be wrong, again and again and again. Claim the answer is to try even MORE.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Investigation Finds Baylor Made Life Hell For Sexual Assault Accusers

If true, this is fucked up, but differently than we usually see.This supports the Mist narrative that people discourage reporting, punish reporters, etc. If that really happens those guys are pieces of shit and deserve to hang.
Only if the offenders are making the university mad bucks tossing around the pigskin. But since I've always thought Baylor was a shit school in a shit town that probably sold their soul to start winning some football games, watching them burn is pretty hilarious.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So I'm involved in hiring for some new positions in our department. We came up with 2 candidates, but we couldn't approve them by ourselves. We had to send them to some equal opportunity group to approve it. They sent back asking why we didn't pick one candidate. This person is easily the least qualified of the candidates we looked at. Our internal review average of this person amongst our committee was 1.2ish (on 1-5).

My initial reaction was wtf. How did they pick the least qualified person? Then I started to wonder if they have a person in their group that realizes how fucking pointless their job is. I mean, how in the fuck are they supposed to have more of an idea of who to hire than our department? However, this candidate was clearly horrible. Maybe whoever came up with that name threw us a softball so we could easily justify why we didn't pick them.

Anyway, we all had a good chuckle about having to pick for diversity, seeing as I was the only white male on the committee. Our group had more diversity than the people we were sending it to.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Investigation Finds Baylor Made Life Hell For Sexual Assault Accusers

If true, this is fucked up, but differently than we usually see. This supports the Mist narrative that people discourage reporting, punish reporters, etc. If that really happens those guys are pieces of shit and deserve to hang.
Indeed. Question though, why are people reporting rapes or whatever to the school instead of simply not calling the police? I mean I can't imagine all these rapes are taking place in a dorm room.