Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You're both clearly retarded. But don't worry, that's a mental illness too, so it's not your fault.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You're not "born with" murder, dude.

And you're the one adding in the "nobody is responsible for anything" bit, which has nothing to do with discussing whether or not something is a mental illness.
You are as good as "born with" murder if you're born a psychopath, as their neural pathways prevent the ability to feel empathy, hence a large portion of convicted murders are diagnosed psychopaths.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You're not "born with" murder, dude.

And you're the one adding in the "nobody is responsible for anything" bit, which has nothing to do with discussing whether or not something is a mental illness.
People aren't born sociopaths? Psychopaths? etc etc?

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
pRCVeU5.jpg
"We don't think our kid gets picked on enough. Please publicly rectify that"

Also: As if a five year old has the mental development to understand gender.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
quoting my post in case anyone missed her blog
Penn: Did you know there is an s-word? It's "stupid."
Me: Ok, why'd you bring that up?
P: The boys in my class said my headband was stupid because it's for girls.
M: Well, how did it make you feel when they made fun of you like that?
P: The boys broke my heart into a million little pieces. But now I have a new heart, because I'm with you....
M: It hurts my heart too, buddy. But they're just words. And words can't break anything, especially your little spirit, k?
P: K, mommy. Can you take my picture? Make sure you get my headband.
The Headband - Crumble Pie

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Ah yes, the fun corners you can back SJWs into. So you're implicitly suggesting homosexuality is a mental illness too then, right?
"Irregularity" works better than "illness" when describing homosexuality, since there's no harm in being attracted to the same sex. Plus, we've got lots and lots of gays whose actions don't impact us (or our children) in any way. Pedophilia involves desires that, with very good reason, society has decided can not be acted upon.

You are as good as "born with" murder if you're born a psychopath, as their neural pathways prevent the ability to feel empathy, hence a large portion of convicted murders are diagnosed psychopaths.
Yeah, you can be born with the inability to feel empathy. That's not what murder is. If a psychopath murders somebody, he is still responsible and must answer for his actions. How many convicted psychopaths get told "It's not your fault" and get set free to murder again consequence-free?

So why are we flying in 3 different directions at once here? The initial claim was "Soon the mainstream will be calling pedophilia a mental illness!!!", to which I asked a very simple "Isn't it?" Abe then made the supremely idiotic statement that if we evenacknowledgepedophilia as a mental illness, we are not only condoning the raping of children but we are allowing people to not be held responsible for murdering others. Oh, and anyone who even suggests that pedophilia is a mental illness is a pedophile. That's pants-on-head retarded, even by Rerolled standards.

There are 2 reasons why nobody's jumping down Abe's throat for being an idiot:
1) Pedophiles are a group society still allows everyone to enthusiastically demonize. We consider them the lowest of the low and have no problem dehumanizing them so we can go on about what scum they are. They're so low we don't even have to discuss them rationally, basically.
2) Chance for Tanoomba dogpile??? COUNT ME IN!

I mean, if it's not a mental illness, what the fuck is it? A conscious decision to be so evil that you will be passionately hated by everyone who will ever know you? "Shit, my life is boring. I know! I'll fuck kids!" Give me a break.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
1) Pedophiles are a group society still allows everyone to enthusiastically demonize. We consider them the lowest of the low and have no problem dehumanizing them so we can go on about what scum they are. They're so low we don't even have to discuss them rationally, basically.

I mean, if it's not a mental illness, what the fuck is it? A conscious decision to be so evil that you will be passionately hated by everyone who will ever know you? "Shit, my life is boring. I know! I'll fuck kids!" Give me a break.
Get Gaige in here for a personal opinion.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You guys should really just hit the eject button. Just about everyone here knows wtf I meant when saying murder. I give you all enough credit without having to make a fucking 10 paragraph post about sociopaths and mental illness.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Mental illness is literally defined by whether or not a mental state has an adverse affect on the person's ability to function in society. Whether or not, say, homosexuality counts as a mental illness depends on what country you happen to live in.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
A mental disorder (also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder) is a diagnosis of a behavioral or mental pattern that can cause suffering or a poor ability to function in ordinary life.
If you live in a society where being gay gets you ostracized, (to say nothing about getting imprisoned or executed) it absolutely qualifies.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
There are certainly certain mental illnesses that that only affect certain geological areas but no legitimate organization defines a mental illness as simply an opposition to "normative" behavior and they certainly don't take into account the feelings of what societies stuck in the stone age who still literally hunt witches would define it as.

It reminds me of this autistic kid from high school who said that his disease was only a social construct and...ohhhhh now I see where Xequecal is coming from.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I don't think economics 101 is a required course if your majoring in Queer/Women's studies.

Or if you absolutely fucked up everything in life that you got a degree from Aveda.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
People on my Facebook feed liking the shit out of this one. It's pretty clear they, much like the owners of this salon, have zero knowledge of basic economics.

Gender-neutral prices for haircuts introduced at Halifax salon - Nova Scotia - CBC News
I must be missing something, they are now just charging for the type of haircut rather than who it is on? I'm the type of person who drives up, has them razor/cut everything short again and is done in 10 minutes so I have no idea about haircut and spa stuff to be honest.