Buying a car?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't even brought it in yet, but the place is a mechanic not a body shop so thanks for the tip on going to a body shop. I've been going to this place for years. The owner is my wife's old neighbor so I trust them but you never know.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Looking in to getting a new car this year. Currently drive a 2007 BMW 328i. It is at that point where stuff is going start going wrong and cost a lot to fix. Want something that is small and powerful. Was looking towards the new Subaru WRX that comes out this spring with the CVT transmission since I always liked those cars but dont like driving stick. Or the new 4 cylinder turbo Mustangs coming out in the fall. Is there problems with turbos and reliability I should be worried about? Never owned one before. Or any similar or better cars to these I should be considering?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I'd avoid Any first generation type cars since they usually are plagued with issues and recalls, plus its a Ford so its already half falling apart when you buy it.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Are new Fords really still that bad? I thought the increased quality and were on par with Asian companies now? Or maybe not?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going today to take a look at that Wrangler I was talking about earlier. If I decide I'm interested...is running the VIN through CarFax and/or AutoCheck worth it? (Anyone have an account they'd use for me?
tongue.png
)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Are new Fords really still that bad? I thought the increased quality and were on par with Asian companies now? Or maybe not?
Fords probably the most reliable American car right now. Probably still not quite on par with Toyota and Honda, but they're close. Everything they've made in the last 10 years or so has been damn solid.

I have an 05 Escape with 145K miles on it, and I've never done a thing to it besides general maintenance(oil, filters, batteries, tires, etc).

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Chevrolet is dead in Europe by the end of 2015. GM suck at branding, stealerships competing with own brands, same market share. Fucking Obama, no more 'vettes :-(

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck Jeep Wranglers, its insane the prices on these things.

Looking at a used 2004 Toyota Tacoma. Haven't seen in person since its like an hour away. Guy says he's original owner, has all service records, inspection, CarFax, like 189K miles and will take $3200. Kinda tempted.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I'm actually going to just snag a beater Wrangler here for 5-6k soon. It appears the floor on these shitboxes is about 5k so I won't be out much whenever I resell.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I let someone else snag that Tacoma before I went to see, kicking myself a bit. They hold value about as bad as the jeeps. Just keeping my eyes open for a pickup or jeep still.

What's some good sites other than Craig's List for finding used cars anyway? I'm talking like ten years old or more, not nice newer used stuff.

Vinen

God is dead
I let someone else snag that Tacoma before I went to see, kicking myself a bit. They hold value about as bad as the jeeps. Just keeping my eyes open for a pickup or jeep still.

What's some good sites other than Craig's List for finding used cars anyway? I'm talking like ten years old or more, not nice newer used stuff.
Cargurus.com

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have experience with Subaru's? I'm thinking about a 13/14 Outback.
I know a guy with one, might be a 2012 or 13. I've ridden in it, I like it, he seems to be happy with it. No idea what else to tell you.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You guys should all buy the new pathfinder. I designed the instrument panel on that fucker. I have well over 2000 hours on that bitch. What you see is my sweat and blood. Well other people too, but namely me.

Next up? The new Maxima. Wait until you see that car. Its fricken sweet. And this is coming from a dude which thinks that most Nissans are ugly as hell. Our first Build with real production tooled parts is coming up in March.

rrr_img_58754.jpg

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Anyone have experience with Subaru's? I'm thinking about a 13/14 Outback.
I've owned a 2004 WRX and a 2005 Legacy GT. The WRX's paint was terrible -- easily chipped. The Legacy was fantastic, though. Great car, kinda wish I had kept it.

Subarus in general are very reliable. And if it snows in your region then you'll have no fear (well, within reason).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I know a guy with one, might be a 2012 or 13. I've ridden in it, I like it, he seems to be happy with it. No idea what else to tell you.
In my experience, people who buy and drive Subaru's become damn near cultists for the brand, so be aware of that. It's fucking bizarre. They're pretty good cars though, as far as I know. If you like the styling, I guess. Hit and miss for me.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fords probably the most reliable American car right now. Probably still not quite on par with Toyota and Honda, but they're close. Everything they've made in the last 10 years or so has been damn solid.

I have an 05 Escape with 145K miles on it, and I've never done a thing to it besides general maintenance(oil, filters, batteries, tires, etc).
My Jeep recently went on life support so I bought a 2011 Escape limited. It's really comfortable and still has enough cargo room to haul all the shit I need to haul around. I'm a fan thus far. I hate that they redid the body style for '13 and on...They look like station wagons now, which I suppose is the trend.