Buying a car?

Solariss

Golden Squire
Kia Optima is another car I never looked at, but seen plenty on the road and I think it looks awesome. It was something I'd have considered, but I don't think their hybrid technology stands up to Ford's right now.. then again I don't really know, but the MPG isn't as good

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Took a test drive in a Land Rover Evoque today as my girl is looking for an SUV. I think the styling is pretty sweet as far as SUV's go, and the interior materials and build quality was top notch. The prestige model had leather wrapped everything and the computer/4-way camera system was impressive. Outside and inside available in a huge array of custom colors. Smooth ride with decent pick up and kick for an SUV. In all honesty, if it was available with a manual transmission I'd seriously consider the 2 door model for myself, and I usually detest SUV's.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Back window of my '13 Accord started chipping apart.. dealer doesn't know why but he took a shit ton of pictures and got the DM involved. They're going to replace it for free, just kind of lame.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Took a test drive in a Land Rover Evoque today as my girl is looking for an SUV. I think the styling is pretty sweet as far as SUV's go, and the interior materials and build quality was top notch. The prestige model had leather wrapped everything and the computer/4-way camera system was impressive. Outside and inside available in a huge array of custom colors. Smooth ride with decent pick up and kick for an SUV. In all honesty, if it was available with a manual transmission I'd seriously consider the 2 door model for myself, and I usually detest SUV's.
Yeah, I love the Evoque. I'm not in the market for a new car at the moment, but it's on my list for when I am.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Does Land Rover make vehicles that don't fall apart yet?

Ah, a quick Google reveals that they don't:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reak-year.html

Don't buy a fucking Land Rover, for god's sake. They were as bad or worse than Jaguar was at it's worst and it appears they still haven't figured it out. Hell, they even admit that they made shit vehicles in the past in that article:

Commenting on the What Car? reliability survey, a Land Rover spokesman said:'This survey does not reflect the advance Land Rover has made in recent years.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
last time I was in the UK, roads were cluttered with Fords, VW and Opel. None of these made the study at all?

nevermind, just saw Ford

and the 474 average repair for a Benz has to be an independant shop. If you bring your Benz to a dealership, you might as well hand them one grand right there.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Why the fuck would anyone get their vehicle serviced at a dealer post warranty, unless they like throwing money away?

When it comes to a GPS in cars, are any of them better than just using google maps on your phone? I know they are more convenient and probably safe, but realistically speaking, can't you just use your phone hooked up to the AUX as the GPS and nix the GPS cost?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ProTip: Dont buy a fucking Chrysler. I work in the industry and its an ongoing joke. "WoW that challenger is fucking sweet looking! Too bad its a fucking Chrysler.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
When it comes to a GPS in cars, are any of them better than just using google maps on your phone? I know they are more convenient and probably safe, but realistically speaking, can't you just use your phone hooked up to the AUX as the GPS and nix the GPS cost?
In my experience, yes. I use my phone exclusively for a GPS. Google Navigation is better than any in-car GPS that I've used, not to mention that factory nav systems almost always add upward of 1,500 - 2,500 to your cost. It's ridiculously overpriced.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Plus google maps always is updating their shit.. with in car GPS it is either a hassle or expensive