Californication

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
New season premiers on Sunday (Means I'll get to see it Monday I think) and I can't wait. I really, really like this show, even though it's had its ups and downs, I feel like David Duchovny constantly pulls through and makes a great relatable character. Can't wait to see what shenannigans Charlie gets put into next, either.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The early seasons were great, but it's run on too long and like every Showtime show they can't let the characters grow too far or ever approach a real ending. Last season had it's moments, but it felt like all of the characters were just going through the motions. Everyone is an exaggerated version of who they were before, especially Charlie.

The show should have followed a clearer arc. Have him start low, do the whole Karen thing, then lift himself up doing the teaching gig. Once he's settled and doing well, throw the Mia thing back at him again and end on the trial and his disgrace. He doesn't get the girl, he doesn't get the happy ending, but it at least lets him write a new book. End show.

I'm still gonna watch it, but only for the slapstick. The pathos is largely gone.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm definitely going to watch it. I think this is a show that no matter how bad it gets, I'll finish it. This once was my favorite television show. The first three season were great, season four had some great moments and last season was just bad.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Showtime has this serious problem where showrunners rotate and suddenly the actions are dictated entirely by plot. It becomes really obvious usually around season 4 or 5, when suddenly the characters are acting wildly out of uh, character. They start doing things because that's what the plot demands, and the puppet strings from the writer's room become really obvious. It's the same thing that Sons of Anarchy has struggled with for a couple of years now. Walking Dead is the biggest offender.

I made it about halfway into the previous season before I couldn't take it anymore. If this show had always been mediocre I could probably watch it until it's conclusion, but having loved it so much and seen it change so drastically has really soured me to it. Unless this season gets amazing feedback, I'll likely never see another episode of this show.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I'm probably done with this show unless something changes. A hot nanny is not enough to make a show good.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
They've yet to have anyone on the show hotter than his stripper student anyway. Holy fucking god that woman is flawless.

Sinter1_sl

shitlord
Generally feel the same... hopefully this season has a bit of a resurgence... at the very least provide a few good laughs. Suppose we will see tonight.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The friend of the girl that died is a bitch. Hank's crazy girl burned down his fucking apartment.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
Burn down his apartment, follow him out to LA and then try and kill both of them. Yep. Totally his fault.

As for the premise of this season, I think it has potential. Better than last season anyway.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Enjoyed most of the episode, but I swear to god the chick who plays Becca gets worse at acting with each season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What a terrible episode. This Becca becoming a writer plot is going to be awful. Hopefully the crazy rock star brings laughs. Charlie pretending to be gay has potential, but I don't have high hopes.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hank is so cool it's hard to care if the story lines are that interesting anymore. He can carry two more seasons of just hanging out and being a dirtbag I think

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah, the Becca thing is annoying as fuck, and promises to become more annoying. And the whole rehab thing with the groupie chick is way too predictable, they should have just booked Kate Hudson for the role and it would have been a cool reference instead of just lazy writing.

That said, it was fun to watch overall. The whole thing with Runkle looks to be more entertaining than his usual punching bag antics, marcy was awesome as always, and for once even Karen was fun to watch.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a terrible episode. This Becca becoming a writer plot is going to be awful. Hopefully the crazy rock star brings laughs. Charlie pretending to be gay has potential, but I don't have high hopes.
There is one hope with the Becca story line, o experience life she goes backpacking through Europe and is not seen again for the rest of the season.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think it would be pretty funny if Becca writes a horrifically terrible book and Hank has to break the news to her to keep her from being publicly humiliated. I doubt that's the way that they will go with it though and even though I'm DVRing the season, I will have to be really out of stuff to watch before I actually sit through this show.