Californication

Lusiphur

Peasant
Karen again. Uggh
frown.png

Szlia

When they etched the tablets of law for this show "Hank loves Karen" probably was on the first tablet. Better start writing some fan fiction if you want Hank to get over the mother of his child.

Anyway... nothing really amazing about this season, but the whole thing worked well and the muse theme was well carried by the writers and Maggie Grace.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i picked this up on netflix and first two seasons were magical. it went to shit, thanks to Karen. it also became lame and fucking retarded. jokes weren't funny, the explosive girl problems weren't funny, and characters became too fucking insane. getting into season 5 now and fuck man, i am skipping retarded episodes like a bunny.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This used to be my favorite show. I stopped midway through the most recent season. It's so bad now. Once they wrapped up the Mia story, the show didn't really have anywhere to go. The season with the hot lawyer and the movie should have been the last season.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
All the showtime comedies have jumped the shark IMO. Canceling Showtime as soon as Homeland is over.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
The celebs he was dealing with were way too cartoonish, and it happened to the characters around him too, especially Charlie

My favorite episodes are still the ones where he's just hanging out, trying to fuck someone he shouldn't drinking, and making semi realistic bad decisions. Will watch

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Showtime cannot stick a landing. Every single Showtime show ends badly. The absolute closest to good they've gotten has been The Tudors. All of the others take a significant nosedive in quality by around season 3.

I used to love Californication. It was sortof like a Sex in the City for dudes: unapologetic in its sexism and absurd wish fulfillment. The Hank/Karen thing made a great love story for a season, and then a relatively true picture of two people who just can't sort out their differences. We should have let Hank move on and find a life outside of Karen, because by now it's just pathetic. All of the parts I loved about the show have been leeched out and replace by excessive camp. Charlie is practically a cartoon.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
after season 4,it went to shit.few episodes from season 5 were good

isn't dexter from showtime too?
nuff said.....

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Dexter, Weeds, Homeland, Californication... I'm fully expecting Shameless to join the chorus of terrible Showtime shows pretty soon. Hell, it started half off the rails.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't started watching Shameless despite how awesome people say it is strictly because it's a Showtime show. It would infuriate me eventually.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I haven't started watching Shameless despite how awesome people say it is strictly because it's a Showtime show. It would infuriate me eventually.
It's worth it for Emmy Rossum's tits and Laura Slade Wiggins's tits and many more tits.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Shameless has shit writing IMO and has for a couple seasons. The Emily Rossum nude scenes are too few and far between to make it worth sitting through. Weeds was horrible for like 6 straight seasons. I don't know how it stayed on television for so long.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Season 7 opener is up at the usual haunts.

That was way too easy to spot, though I get the feeling that It'll be something other than it seems.