Californication

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't believe this show is still on. I think I stopped watching a couple seasons ago.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Showtime shows all get 4 or 5 more seasons after they start to suck.

Szlia

I suspect the TV writing storyline could be good, but I am worried about the son storyline because they made him a kind of Hank in reverse: an insecure charmless dim-witted guy. Not exactly an entertaining character. That storyline will bring Heather Graham though, so that can certainly help.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
The first few minutes at the caf? sealed why this show is so amazingly entertaining at times. David Duchovny just kills the role over and over again

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Really wish they'd cut Charlie some slack, surely they can think of a funny storyline for him and Marcy which doesn't involve him getting shat on all day.

Not sure about the son thing, could go either way.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Really wish they'd cut Charlie some slack, surely they can think of a funny storyline for him and Marcy which doesn't involve him getting shat on all day.
Charlie is the punching bag. That's his part in this. He takes the punch and gets back up. He's an underdog. Besides, most of the shit that happens to Charlie isn't that bad. The shit that happens to Hank typically is way worse, and they use Charlie's mishaps as a way to show us that.

Not sure about the son thing, could go either way.
Odds are good it's going to go the wrong way. Anytime they try to shoehorn something like this into a series this late in the game, it screams of desperation. But I've been wrong before.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm surprised Duchovny hasn't walked away from this show yet.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
just started on season 7 and the new kid is he dude from project X Costa! haha

If anything, this shit is funny. Episode 3 is fucking hilarious.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Season 7 has renewed my faith in the show. Season 6 was dragging and boring by the end.

No becca(thank god), very little Karen(good so far, but the ending of this last episode is going to change that unfortunately), and the new son is goddamned hilarious, especially when paired with Hank.

Season 7 is probably the best of the last few seasons(so far)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Season 7 has renewed my faith in the show. Season 6 was dragging and boring by the end.

No becca(thank god), very little Karen(good so far, but the ending of this last episode is going to change that unfortunately), and the new son is goddamned hilarious, especially when paired with Hank.

Season 7 is probably the best of the last few seasons(so far)
Yeah, when them 2 are together, its fucking hilarious. When they were in the office getting scolded for fucking up. Wow. I laughed plenty of times now that im caught up. I went on a mission lastnight and caught up. Great season so far.

That shit with Hank and Marcy and he's like, i dont even know whats right anymore on getting the kid a hooker. They are all completely fucked up in the head and i love it haha.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Well, I watched the finale last night. It wasn't great. It wasn't very funny. In fact, when it ended I assumed that it wasn't the series finale, since it didn't really seem like a finale. I assumed Becca's marriage would be the finale. That could have been series gold, right there. They could have brought back a bunch of the people from past seasons and it could have been hilarious. Alas, the writing talent on this show moved on a long, long time ago.

The fact is, this season ends like all the other seaasons; Hank and Karen end up back together. So, if you want to save yourself from the series getting crappier and crappier, you can stop watching after season 3-4 and have the same outcome. Hank and Karen are back together. The end.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I treat the series like it ended after season four. I forget when I stopped watching. Maybe a few episodes into season six?

Honestly, this would have been amazing if they left it alone after the first season.

Szlia

This season was not very good. There was a handful of very good jokes lost in a sea of awkward. The TV show storyline hardly paid off, the retarded son was rarely amusing, the indecent proposal had no progression and even the big concept episode did not work so well (the evening dinner where more and more people arrive). I liked Heather Graham though and the show runner character was also ok.

I enjoyed the previous season with the muse though.