Call of Duty 2020: Black Ops Cold War

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Since this is now the de facto Warzone thread.

Xevy Xevy , I and anyone with a KD higher than 1.3 run into some hardcore sweaty lobbies based on how skill based matchmaking works. That also means we have a greater chance to to meet cheaters.

I have notice far fewer “WTF that’s a cheater!” moments since Sunday.

Sadly the only cheater I ran into today stole our 1st place and we got 2nd. (Crazy aimbot that pissed off everyone and had the entire lobby watching and cussing him out at the end lol)

They are still there but Activision
finally seems to be doing something about it.

Some good news thanks to COD league ditching console peasants and moving to PC. They know they have to step it up.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
There is going to be a completely open cold war alpha test this weekend but its exclusive to PS4

preloads should go up today at 11am EDT, game itself will open 9/18 1pm EDT to 9/20 1pm. It should be around a 25 gig download.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since this is now the de facto Warzone thread.

Xevy Xevy , I and anyone with a KD higher than 1.3 run into some hardcore sweaty lobbies based on how skill based matchmaking works. That also means we have a greater chance to to meet cheaters.

I have notice far fewer “WTF that’s a cheater!” moments since Sunday.

Sadly the only cheater I ran into today stole our 1st place and we got 2nd. (Crazy aimbot that pissed off everyone and had the entire lobby watching and cussing him out at the end lol)

They are still there but Activision
finally seems to be doing something about it.

Some good news thanks to COD league ditching console peasants and moving to PC. They know they have to step it up.

Just like pubg, they finally start addressing the cheaters when I'm done with their bullshit game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
alpha preload up, its on the splash screen going into modern warfare but also direct link

24 gig install

Xevy

Log Wizard
I started pretty much in August so I missed most of that.
Nah they been cheating since the launch. Because the MP was launched before the BR people had cheats the original week. I have a clip of a cheater killing me like 4 days after launch. I played all yesterday and no cheaters I could confirm. Some Aim-Assisty stuff, but nothing too bad. Then again I played with my friends who have shit MMR so everyone was a bot except for my solo games.

The meta right now seems balanced enough that I don't die to the same gun every time. It's usually the Kilo, but the Grau/M4/AMAX/RAM are all in the mix now. And Bruen. Bruen is probably #2 behind the Kilo. It's at the point where it's good for what it is, but it's not the Grau zone-wide laser that melted you from anywhere instantly. I would still like heartbeat sensor to fuck off and C4's to not oneshot vehicles if they don't stick them. The fact a Semtex doesn't one-shot a vehicle, but a C4 detonated 6 feet away does irks me greatly.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nah they been cheating since the launch. Because the MP was launched before the BR people had cheats the original week. I have a clip of a cheater killing me like 4 days after launch. I played all yesterday and no cheaters I could confirm. Some Aim-Assisty stuff, but nothing too bad. Then again I played with my friends who have shit MMR so everyone was a bot except for my solo games.

The meta right now seems balanced enough that I don't die to the same gun every time. It's usually the Kilo, but the Grau/M4/AMAX/RAM are all in the mix now. And Bruen. Bruen is probably #2 behind the Kilo. It's at the point where it's good for what it is, but it's not the Grau zone-wide laser that melted you from anywhere instantly. I would still like heartbeat sensor to fuck off and C4's to not oneshot vehicles if they don't stick them. The fact a Semtex doesn't one-shot a vehicle, but a C4 detonated 6 feet away does irks me greatly.

I love how they finally try and balance weapons but fuck off with balancing lethals and non lethals.

The heartbeats needs to have a battery timer 🔋 and C4 needs a radius/ damage nerf while making thermite and Semtex do more vehicle damage.

Black Ops is coming out soon so you know they aren’t doing shit for a soon to be dead game when everyone switches to Black Ops Warzone

Cybsled

C4 already has a damage nerf vs players, but I do agree it is a fairly low skill vehicle kill in its current form. Radius nerf would be best option. Also boost weapon thermite damage vs vehicles.

spronk

FPS noob
beta begins today on PS4 for certain ISP customers and people who preordered on PS4. Open beta this weekend on PS4, same cycle next weekend including all platforms

23 gig download on PS4, beta starts 10am PST

Ehm0i5AWkAABwIh

Xevy

Log Wizard
They still have no word on the BR feature? Only reason I'd probably be interested, but the odds of me being suckered into buying the game to unlock/upgrade games is unfortunately very high.

• 1Like

Cybsled

They still have no word on the BR feature? Only reason I'd probably be interested, but the odds of me being suckered into buying the game to unlock/upgrade games is unfortunately very high.

Warzone is going to continue to be the COD:BR. All they are doing is linking Warzone to CW instead of MW in terms of leveling weapons and shit supposedly.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I read they wanted to integrate it into Warzone, but their wording was super vague. Like they wanted to use the same engine and queue system and stuff, but maybe make it a different mode? I don't know, it seemed ambiguous enough I don't even think THEY know what they're really doing yet. I remember when MW came out and every 2 weeks there was a BR rumor and I got hopeful. Then, after about the 3rd or 4th false alert, they actually announced it.

I kind of wish they made a separate one more Blackout style. The hijinks in that game were much more enjoyable. The gadgets and gizmos were way more niche and stuff. Fucking RC cars with Claymores on the front running in to people. Grappling to impossible places to shoot people from above. The perks were cool too, but a bit clunky. I died the other day in Warzone because I had Dead Silence and and jumped off a building. In BlackOut you don't take fall damage with it on which was super nice for evading. I understand why it doesn't do that in WZ, but my dumb brain had forgotten that.

Cybsled

Warzone and Cold War are different dev houses. The different thing is mostly referring to gun mechanics...they aren't going to do the zero recoil shit from Cold War, for instance, even if you can get the Cold War guns in WZ.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Played some Warzone with Alasliasolonik Alasliasolonik this week and had some good games. We keep getting the sweatiest off the sweat lobbies though.

If anyone wants to play PM me I set up a discord just for WZ.

spronk

FPS noob

so black ops definitely introduces a new map into warzone, wonder what it all means - two maps, must have black ops to play new map, etc?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh god it's giving me Sanhok vibes. That might work in WZ, but I fucking hated that map in PUBG. The only saving grace was "Hey y'all, we put loot and guns everywhere!" The rest was just getting shot from hills and bushes non-stop for me. The FLIP SIDE is maybe there's not a million 15 story buildings for dildos to sit on and camp all day.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Hard to tell from that screen. Part does look like a mountain, but who knows if that is actually inbounds. Spot they dropping into looks like farmland but with more trees

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
That map just got way too cartoony. They changed the map up which was nice with flooding, fall, October, whatever. Once you mastered the grapple and mog, it was game over.