Call of Duty 2020: Black Ops Cold War

spronk

FPS noob
another beta round this weekend

EkYOjV3XkAY1E3c

Stave

Potato del Grande
I actually like the gunplay in this better than MW, but it definitely doesn't look as good or as immersive as MW. Cant wait for a BO game that uses the MW engine.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doesn't surprise me as most people between work and school are doing it from home or supposedly. Plus I think prior to the Halloween gameplay currently on MW, people were becoming bored of the old version and wanted something "new".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
This launches in ~4 hours. I unfortunately bought it as it seems to be the best way to level the guns for Warzone. MP is usually fun for a few days before some OP meta like dual Saugs or some shit ruins it. With all the betas they had I 100% expect to run into aimbotters as well pretty early on.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This launches in ~4 hours. I unfortunately bought it as it seems to be the best way to level the guns for Warzone. MP is usually fun for a few days before some OP meta like dual Saugs or some shit ruins it. With all the betas they had I 100% expect to run into aimbotters as well pretty early on.
Wait so we are going to get new guns from Black Ops dropping into WZ soon?

Cybsled

I re-read their post about it and it sounds like it will be Early December when CW+WZ have the cross compatibility (trying to coincide with the new season in WZ).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dec 10th (same day as Cyberpunk LUL) CW gets integrated in WZ. They're going to add CW guns/perks/etc into current WZ and keeping the current WZ guns and stuff. I think 2weeks+ after that they launch Map 2 for WZ.

So I really just bought the game to level up any OP or really fun guns quickly in CW. Not even sure if you don't have CW if you can make those guns into WZ loadouts honestly. Be fairly unfair if you can't. But fuck running plunder 30 times to max out a gun so it's useful in WZ.

Cybsled

Ya, I was forced more or less to buy MW to level guns or unlock shit, so I suspect CW will end up being more of the same.

Apparently, one rare item that was recently added to MW is a recon drone that already has C4 in it, so you can fly the drone around and detonate it on people lol

spronk

FPS noob
played 2 games of MP tonight on PS5, it was fun but its really weird playing with the new controller, I dunno what it is but i literally was tapping the fire button as I do on PS4 and doing absolutely nothing. Gotta press it harder or something. Gonna take some getting used to.

Load times are insane on PS5, literally 3-4 seconds to start a lobby screen from cold boot.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Game looks amazing. Campaign is fun as hell so far. Story is pretty cool. I'd still be playing but falling asleep and need to work tomorrow.

• 1Picard

Xevy

Log Wizard
Welp, less than 24 hours in and got some fishy stuff. Probably ~2 people with a toggle today in like 6-8 hours of playtime. Again, aim assist on controller is so overpowered I can't really tell unless they full toggle 100% accuracy on their aimbots.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PC master race Huskers frying CDL console pros in the first big tourney lol.

• 1Worf

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you cross play with consoles as pc, let it be known their aim assist is super broken. It's like playing with cheaters.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, since Warzone CoD aim assist (which has different levels you can turn on, L FUCKING O L) is ridiculous. Kids on their console think they're good, but they're not. The game snaps HARD to targets and even THROUGH WALLS to an extent. You see some quick scoping nerd? They're not good. The just have fast ADS on a scope and they're hitting left bumper right bumper as fast as possible. Literally that's all it takes. It says "Snipers don't have aim assist" but they're 1/2 truthful. It only doesn't have Aim Assist after scoping for a certain period of time, that's why quickscoping is more meta than aiming with these people.

Friend of mine plugged in his controller for about 4 games. He said it was beyond belief how strong it was. He stopped using it because he didn't want to master movement and couldn't use Discord push to talk without foot pedals or some shit, but he an invitation level CS player back in the day. The best is all the "Oh well I'm on console because I grew up playing Halo so I can't go keyboard mouse!" Fuck you, doofus, we all did. We all played Quake/Doom/Unreal on PC, then Halo came out and played that 3x as much and then we grew up bought PC's and played games above 60FPS on mouse and keyboard like grownups. The WORST are scumlords playing on Bnet and using controllers. Just absolute shitters. If you play 60 minutes 3 times a week maybe, but if you're playing 3-4 hours a day fuck right off.

The aim assist is so insane that I've got 500+ hours of Warzone, 1000 hours in Apex, 2000 hours in PUBG and probably as many in H1Z1 and on killcams I can't tell if they're toggling or that's just their fucking $49.99 Baltimore Ravens Xbone controller turned to "strong" aim assist.