Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare - Starring Kevin Spacey!!

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well first bug. I'm stuck at the grenade range. Can't activate it again to move forward. I hold square and nothing happens.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Maps are smallish, I don't see much room to snipe. Reloading early is punished. Regular mode requires a few more rounds in the enemy to kill them as compared to ghosts. Easier to move around. Combat feels tight.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They really ripped out Zombies and will be providing it now as DLC.

Not getting my money this year. Or ever again, until they start doing something different.

Column_sl

shitlord
Was watching Angry Joe play this last night. Hilarious.

It really is just the last COD with jet packs, and people play nothing but Team Deathmatch. Not sure why they even bother with other modes.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Uhhh no? Its way better than ghosts imo and i had no issues getting domination or ground war games.
From everything I have read from general users, it's jet packs with a reskin. All the way down to the same gun types (which is pretty par for the course anyway) and ripping out Zombie content and now charging for that in a season pass/separate DLC. What would you identify as being different? Aside from Kevin Spacey who I used to have respect for as an actor until he did this game.

Column_sl

shitlord
From everything I have read from general users, it's jet packs with a reskin. All the way down to the same gun types (which is pretty par for the course anyway) and ripping out Zombie content and now charging for that in a season pass/separate DLC. What would you identify as being different? Aside from Kevin Spacey who I used to have respect for as an actor until he did this game.
But the Jetpacks bra!

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
The jet packs and double jumps do add a nice touch. Also no dogs that take more shots to kill than humans. And no overly done forest areas where you cant see shit. I will agree about the zombies part tho.

Column_sl

shitlord
And dont forget all the buckles! So tatical!

Guyz this is the best COD EVA, it's so different then all the other CODs. 12 years of COD, and they revolutionize the industry again with JETPACKS! and not any jeptacks, Extreme jetpacks!

10/10 - Gamspot " But have you seen the Jetpacks?"

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I picked it up over lunch for $20 out of pocket. I don't like paying full price for a COD game when I mostly play the single player campaign and just dabble in MP.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Haven't played or ever pay attention to this series since I felt the burn of Black Ops 2.

WARFARE:
Polygon (9/10): "Advanced Warfare's production values and excellently paced campaign set the table, and its major additions to Call of Duty's multiplayer, from basic mechanics to its deeply addictive progression system, might be enough to chase away bad memories of Ghosts."

Game Informer (9/10): "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare feels like you're screening ten summer blockbuster films at the same time as you maneuver through a fantastic set of backdrops that range from Seoul, Seattle, and a futuristic Abu Ghraib. With serious tweaks to some elements of core gameplay, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare feels like its own special surge forward while maintaining the gunplay that makes the series fantastic."
Giant Bomb (4/5): "It's the best multiplayer the game has seen in some time and the whole thing totals up to a satisfying, if familiar experience."

GameSpot (8/10): "The huge change in player mobility is less of a paradigm shift and more of an overdue retooling for an 11-year-old FPS franchise, especially in a year of mobility-focused shooters. Yet for all its predictability, Advanced Warfare is a deluge of action-film bravado, and it's difficult to not be carried away by its tidal forces."

USGamer (3.5/5): "Advanced Warfare executes the formula competently while adding a handful of bells and whistles like mechs, laser cannons, and double jumps; but Sledgehammer Games seems reluctant to really cut loose and push the setting to its fullest potential, making Advanced Warfare a solid but ultimately unexciting entry in the series."

Black Ops 2
IGN (93/100): "Combined with the host of subtle and overt improvements to the array of other systems, the additions to make it more appealing to Esports, and the more fleshed out Zombies mode, this is not just a fantastic Call of Duty game, but one of the best shooters of the last decade."

G4 (90/100): "A ton of work has gone into this game from top to bottom, and it stands as a real testament to the developers who didn't want to just coattail this one into the books. Nearly every system and aspect of the game has been tweaked or overhauled, and it certainly shows in the final product."

EGM (90/100): "The first Black Ops put Treyarch on par with Infinity Ward; with Black Ops 2, they surpass them. This is the most impressed I've been with Call of Duty since the first Modern Warfare; aside from some problems with the Strike Force missions, this is a shining moment for the franchise."

Game Informer (85/100): "For shooter fans that don't require as deep of a dive, Black Ops 2's multiplayer may feel like more of the same. No significant new match types are present, and the Pick 10 system doesn't drastically change the gameplay experience. Most of the changes to the Call of Duty formula come in campaign mode, and they are executed with mixed results. Despite some frustrations, Black Ops 2 is yet another massive, polished, finely tuned entry in a series that shows no signs of slowing down."

GameSpot (80/100): "The campaign hits the same satisfying rhythms, the multiplayer captures the same frenetic intensity, and the cooperative zombies mode delivers the same stale undead-massacring action. Caught between striving for the future and remaining rooted in the past, Black Ops 2 finds solid footing, providing another great ride on the Call of Duty rollercoaster."

In short, fuck this game.

spronk

FPS noob
picked it up this morning, crazy long lines of people buying it but mostly for 360 which made me sad. apparently over 100+ showed up last night at 9pm PST launch at gamestop. played a few multiplayer games, pretty much felt like every metro BF4/titanfall pilot-only/destiny game I have ever played, just running around killing people and not giving a shit about anything really. double xp day 0 is hilarious, get to like level 7 in just the first game and the unlock reward screen is like i won the fucking lottery or something.

not that impressed with the jetpacks tbh, they feel like weaker titan jets from destiny rather than the smoother parkour/lets-go-explore jetpacks from titanfall.

level visuals are impressive though, lots of color and pop which is nice.

i'll play until ac5/GTA5 then trade this in for more than i paid, so i can't complain. but playing what is essentially the same game reskinned every year on a 360 or ps3 and paying full MSRP for the privilege... thats sad. and fuck you shitty 4-maps DLC, just fuck you

spronk

FPS noob
Call_of_Duty_2_(PC)_43.jpg

things escalate quickly

B1h1LxjCMAAg6Vq.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you are like me and skipped the last generation of CoD or so then this is worth picking up. The story is actually pretty good though I want to
play on Spacey's side. Merc for hire if you will.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm liking it so far. I'm only about an hour or two into the campaign but it's solid so far. You really feel like you're carrying around 80lbs of gear though.

MP is decent. Free For All is my mode of choice and I played through a few games. The boost jet pack adds an element but it just encourages more Halo Jumpers. I can't believe that Quick Scoping is still a thing though... That's the one thing from MW2 that I wish they had "fixed" and left out of all future games. Only ran into one QSer but I simply hate them.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I always say im not going to get CoD each year... And then a store always runs some promo so i give in. Traded in shadow of mordor for 50 bucks at walmart (50% bonus if you trade towards cod). Values are actually really high there right now if you are on the fence.