Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So went to the midnight opening at my local gamestop. 120 sweaty ass nerds it was surreal.
You should've seen the skyrim midnight release here, the line went down the street.

I went hammered in a suit made out of aluminum foil and kept running up and down the line screaming shit to pump everyone up.

spronk

FPS noob
You should've seen the skyrim midnight release here, the line went down the street.

I went hammered in a suit made out of aluminum foil and kept running up and down the line screaming shit to pump everyone up.
whose the real sweaty nerd.... IT WAS YOU

installing now, yeah the maps are all super tiny but i prefer that, especially after some of the big ass battlefront maps. running around looking for someone to kill gets boring. getting spawn camped like COD is on the opposite end of rage inducing i guess, but if you can switch back and forth between COD and Battlefront I think thats a pretty fun time.

the nuketown map is just weird, its basically the normal town map all colored up and shit

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know it was me. The thing you don't think about when making an aluminum foil armor suit is it traps all body heat. I've never sweat so hard in my life, I felt like I was cooking and it was midnight in november

Marmac

Molten Core Raider

What a bunch of dweebs
tongue.png

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
If anyone is interested, G2A is selling COD BO3 for PC for 46$ CDN. Picked up a copy myself.

spronk

FPS noob
I didn't feel the beta very much but I am really enjoying the release, there are a ton of extra gameplay modes and maps and a lot mroe shit to unlock. I really enjoy all the various "no team queue" modes, like mercenary or all guns that require you to solo queue. but even regular modes are fun so far, TTKs are insanely fast of course and the maps are small and i die more than kenny in south park but gunplay and all the tech gadgets are cool to use. haven't even checked out zombies mode and that part of the game looks really substantial.

i'm loving the shotty so far, just run and gun constantly

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Enjoying the faster pace. Hard pick between this and Halo for me. I'm online as xKALECx, XBOX 1.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
In a moment of weakness thinking this would be kind of like BF:2142 I bought this. I've played one match. Meh. The map was basically out of the WoW school of dungeon design: a few large rooms connected by corridors. On top of that I still dislike kill-streaks that go insane. That dumb missile, for example, just randomly murders you.

So I'm assuming like all the recent ones the cap is 6v6 for map size and they are all tiny?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I requested a refund before I ran out of time.

I just couldn't get into this game. I spent almost half my time waiting in a queue for Hardpoint that never got enough players. Played a few rounds of domination, all the maps were tiny. No tactics just if your hallway opens up to the back of some dudes on the other team you get the drop and win otherwise if they do it you lose the engage.

Meh. Sucks because I doubt I'm going to buy another EA game and I guess ultimately the Battlefield series is more what I want shooter wise.

spronk

FPS noob
cod is activision not ea

also if you play this weekend, play only nuk3town. on ps4 81% of the players are on that map, you can see the % of people in a mode on the selection screen. its under MP / bonus. rotates through TDM and hardpoint

i do think there are some tactics and skills to learn, my KDR is abysmally low still but I am starting to learn that one single map, the good fire spots, the areas where you will die if you run in blind, choke points, etc. I do prefer the smaller maps and fast respawns but yeah not for everyone

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I know it's Activision. That's the point, I hate EA but they make the series I like better (Battlefield). I guess I'm just SOL.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 / Treyarch - Nightmares

"Nightmares", the second campaign unlocks after beating the main campaign.

Indifferent about the game, but that trailer is badass.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I'm enjoying it, especially considering I didnt pay much for it (thanks spronk and best buy gamers club). Not worth 60, but in the 30-40 range isnt bad.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
This is the first CoD I've been able to play for more than a few hours since Black Ops 1/MW3. I really really hope they move back towards our era or historical warfare. I also hope they lose or re-tune the score streak system. The concept is good, but the costs have been over tuned since the system was implemented in Black Ops 2. Chaining into higher kill streaks is virtually impossible, and even lower level streaks are much more difficult to obtain. It's great and all that your assists count towards your streak, but when all the streaks cost 30-50% more than they would otherwise it makes it impossible. The problem is only multiplied by the fact that kills from score streaks generate 1/4 of a kill towards your next streak.

spronk

FPS noob
my longest kill streak is like... 2 people
frown.png
I've never gotten one of those powerup things, at least i don't think so i don't even know what button to press if I ever got one

played zombie mode last night was pretty awesome, first time ever playing it. they've really gone and put a full story and everything in it. I'm really enjoying the SP campaign so far, my opinion on BO3 went 180 from beta. Solid 8.5/10 for me, I'll be buying it digital at $40 or less

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Might pick it up for $40. played it a bit last night at a friend's house and it seemed good for nights I want to game but not think.