Call of Duty Black Ops 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Oh? What would you recommend? I’m just looking for something to shoot people.
Multiplayer? I still like BF4, but Rainbow Six Seige is really good if you haven't tried it. Black ops 4 just doesn't really do anyone thing better than an alternative, imo. And I can't play the pvp multiplayer since Modern Warefare. Lifespan is like 6 seconds. I'm boycotting BF5 like a snowflake, but even that looks better than black ops 4.

Siege and Firewall would probably get my votes for anything halfway competitive. BF5 or BO4 if you have a group to roll with and can do blackout.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Multiplayer? I still like BF4, but Rainbow Six Seige is really good if you haven't tried it. Black ops 4 just doesn't really do anyone thing better than an alternative, imo. And I can't play the pvp multiplayer since Modern Warefare. Lifespan is like 6 seconds. I'm boycotting BF5 like a snowflake, but even that looks better than black ops 4.

Siege and Firewall would probably get my votes for anything halfway competitive. BF5 or BO4 if you have a group to roll with and can do blackout.

I’m with you in BF5! I really enjoyed CoD: WW2 and Doom MP. Not that I was any good. I usually just play casual, I’m not super competitive with video games anymore.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm casual as fuck, which is why COD is hard nowadays. It's never relaxing.
Jumping in a low pop server and fucking around with 12 people in BF4 is a blast.

If you have money to burn, you should check out a psvr and firewall. This is the most I've been hyped about something After Trying it for awhile. VR right now feels like it did when online multiplayer was just becoming a thing - Ultima, socom, Quake/Tribes/CS, etc. Still a little shitty, but finally good enough to be enjoyable.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Blackout is the best BR out right now, so if you're big on BR, it is worth it. That is literally the only reason I bought it.

spronk

FPS noob
The problem with PC is that the skill gap is fairly small between the good players and the average players. Whereas on console, especially now right after x-mas, there is a very wide gap and an average player has a ton of people above and below them. I have blops4 on PC and ps4 and I get destroyed all the time on PC, I'm just as good as younger people at twitch mouse aim but I can do well on PC whereas on console I have won a few solo blackout games and regularly top the scoreboard in MP.

but yeah if you can learn to build then fortnite is great, on any platform it has the biggest market. I hate building. I would recommend trying out different modes in blops4 before giving up. I hate objective games since my teammates are always retards who never play the objective, so I only play mercenary moshpit (solo queues only, TDM/kill confirm) and of course blackout which I enjoy as a slower paced, quieter game. Hardcore mode is NOT hardcore, its almost the opposite - single bullet kills, no radar except with UAV, no stim shot unless you spec for it, no killcam, etc. Its a great way to level weapons and not worry as much about score streaks, although it tends to run a little slower paced than core mode.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I've played blackout about 10 times now and haven't killed a single person. I have no idea what's going on

Solo can be retarded. a LOT of people just snaking it for that one kill. makes pubg solo snakes seem tolerable. Doesn't happy nearly as badly in duos and squads.

spronk

FPS noob
I've played blackout about 10 times now and haven't killed a single person. I have no idea what's going on

its counter intuitive but imo the best way to learn blackout is to always drop in a crowded area -- firing range, oil refinery, the yatch thing, the asylum -- and get super aggressive early on. 9/10 you will just die but you will slowly get better and really fast about looting and recognizing quickly what to loot and what to skip.

if you wanna go from average to really good, just like in fortnite the diff between an average player is someone who is bad at building and a great player is someone who is great at building, in blackout someone who can snipe good has a huge advantage over those who don't. its not as massive a diff, I never learned how to snipe well so I never pick up a sniper and I've still won ~15 solo games. Every time I've picked up a paladin and tried to use it I miss like 95% of my shots :(

the other big mistake i think people make is always shooting. If you aren't sure you will get a kill, don't shoot it totally gives you away to everyone. I usually pick up a truck and ride it to center of circle after 2-3 shrinks, so many people try to plink the truck while I drive by and they always die a few seconds later to someone near them and do no damage at all to me.

some tips that helped me a lot

• 1Like

Cybsled

IMO if you're having trouble getting kills, drop in a hot drop spot that isn't wide open and is more "linear". Lighthouse and Nuke Bunker are my favorites for this reason: Limited points of entry (which makes barbed wire, trip wires, and microwave barrier really powerful here), mostly indoors combat, fairly easy to predict where people are going to be. They also both have good loot density and sometimes lighthouse spawns zombies, which can act as a player warning system. Granted, like any hot drop, RNG is going to be a big factor...but usually I find pretty decent success when I land in these spots, although bunker is a little more dangerous since it is much easier to bowie-knife ambush people now that they have added that.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I’m with you in BF5! I really enjoyed CoD: WW2 and Doom MP. Not that I was any good. I usually just play casual, I’m not super competitive with video games anymore.
Try Destiny 2 for a shooter/mmo lite with some pvp.

It's great right now with tons of content, several raids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Infinity Ward is gonna be putting out COD 2019 late this year, a tweet went out with a teaser

people started guessing its COD Ghosts 2 and a few journalists said no and hinted its Modern Warfare 4 with probably a MW2 remaster bundled in. So I guess that'll be this years call of duty.

spronk

FPS noob
blackout mode (battle royale) is free starting tomorrow for a week on all platforms

I still play 20-40 mins a day just to level up the black market thing, still find the game decently fun in MP/blackout but its just mindless FPS to me

Xevy

Log Wizard
I played PUBG for like 2-3 days after I upgraded my computer. Fuck that game. So much time and so much money and it's still fucking rage inducing. Jumping and not being able to ADS for like 1 second AFTER hitting the ground is the fucking worst. Back to this. It's like going from a bicycle to a car. Feels good.

spronk

FPS noob
you only 100% play blackout, right? It was pretty fun playing on the freebie weekend, tons of noobs and i got 3 solo wins which like doubled my total wins lol

i wish the black market wasn't so scummy, there are tons of incentives in WW2 to play a few games a day since everything progresses towards more supply drops but in WW2 once you get your daily win/kill/etc there isn't much to do. I should check out zombies mode, I've never played it really but seems like they are double and tripling the incentives right now for that mode. I kinda wish they sold the game without zombies on console for cheaper, I'd totally buy that and give no fucks about zombies then

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I only play Blackout NOW, but I did a lot of MP. I got diamond LMG's and a few gold guns here or there. I'm max prestige 1, as I didn't really see the point in prestiging again except to freshen up the leveling experience. MP is fun, but there were some major problems when I last stopped playing it. P2P servers, hackers varying from aimbotters to lag-switchers, and the gun balance was always a mess. Took them too long to nerf the Dual Saugs which anyone who played could see was a major problem.

I only played Zombies once, and it was pretty fun but we had no idea what we were doing progress-wise. The match also took like 45 minutes which is a big chunk, especially for all my friends with fucking ADHD who get bored of something after an hour. It has some cool skins that would be pretty neat for BO, but I don't think they'll play it again and I don't care to do randoms in that.

I really like that you can bring your skins from MP into BO. That's something they definitely needed. Tying BO and MP and Zombies all together without giving any real bonuses. They should've done it from launch.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some one asked me today, "Do you run into a lot of cheaters?" I told him I can remember 5 for sure cheaters in like 1500 games. Then almost 30 minutes after I run into one guy MAYBE cheating and one guy WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cheating.

Watch this dude prefire a fucking hill in full auto until he magically tracks me. I watched him the rest of the round and he had to turn his shit off because he was the WORST. I can't say he was definitely cheating, because he was so fucking bad. His team did win though.

Now this fucker. This guy was in multiple of my games. He was blatantly cheating. I had an awesome game with like 4-5 knife kills and I was just goofin' since my partner died. This motherfucker pure ESP's me and ruins my fun. I didn't even think his aim was suspect. Until I watched him. Jesus fuck. This guy has videos of him on Youtube since January 12th with people recording his horseshit. It's insane they can track round accuracy and they didn't ban his ass:

If you ever wanted to know what aimbot looks like, that's it. You can definitely notice the way he tracks through terrain with his shots, especially as people die and their body hits the ground and they're still tracking. His long range KN kill is also a dead giveaway as he doesn't shoot AHEAD as people would, but the aimbot locks onto the center mass of the body so it actually slightly TRAILS the guy running.

Pretty fucking stupid they can't catch this shit. Especially with stat tracking.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
Infinity Ward is gonna be putting out COD 2019 late this year, a tweet went out with a teaser

people started guessing its COD Ghosts 2 and a few journalists said no and hinted its Modern Warfare 4 with probably a MW2 remaster bundled in. So I guess that'll be this years call of duty.

Wonder if it will have a new BR mode? Or will BO4 one remain active? And will they continue to update BO4 Blackout after MW4 comes out? Their yearly release schedule and the popularity of their BR mode will be interesting to see how they balance the two together.