Call of Duty Black Ops 4

• Guest, a new site style is ready for use. The poll to change the "default" style, and provide your feedback can be found here

spronk

FPS noob
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
16h 0m
The 2018 edition of COD will be Black Ops 4, and will be coming to regular platforms AND Nintendo Switch (!). It will be boots on the ground and set in modern times, so dialed back a bit from BO3 (future weird cyber shit) and Infinite Warfare (far future).

Sources: This year's COD is Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

The switch news is kinda crazy, it will be a third party doing the port but should be the definitive answer to how do multiplats sell on the switch.

Trey Arch is doing the release, Activision has 3 studios working on Call of Duty and each studio is up at bat every third year. Treyarch (BO1 - 3), Sledgehammer (Advanced Warfare, WW2) and Infinity Ward (MW3, Ghosts)

Some day my dream crossover Die Hard and Call of Duty game will be made

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
4h 42m
CoD just needs to go away.

mkopec

<Donors Crew>
Aug 1, 2016
1d 9h 48m
My kids are still loyal. I think my 13 yr old still even plays BO2 with his buddies.

spronk

FPS noob
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
16h 0m
confirmed by activision today, COD 2018 will be Black Ops 4
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is coming from Treyarch this year, Activision confirms

i still play a few mins of COD WW2 every day on PS4, its just fun mindless shoot guns at shit and get some loot boxes vidya gamin. first one in a while though I haven't bought any DLC or anything, but i'll probably go all in on BO4 since I like modern day warfare setting a lot.

the pc version will also apparently be on battle.net but i really don't recommend ever buying a call of duty game on PC, the playerbase dies too fast

spronk

FPS noob
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
16h 0m

that'd be kinda insane if true, that they cut out the SP campaign but are putting in a new battle royale mode. No problem with BR mode, that'd be kinda fun, but fuck you if you want me to pay $59.99 and you won't toss in a SP campaign. You know what that is, thats a f2p or $20 game, not full msrp.

Drinsic

privileged shitlord
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
12h 15m
lol @ blops "IIII". Hopefully 5 just throws a diagonal slash across it.

Penance

Knight of the Realm
Aug 4, 2016
6h 6m

that'd be kinda insane if true, that they cut out the SP campaign but are putting in a new battle royale mode. No problem with BR mode, that'd be kinda fun, but fuck you if you want me to pay $59.99 and you won't toss in a SP campaign. You know what that is, thats a f2p or $20 game, not full msrp.
Tons of games put in single player only and charge 60$. I don't think Battlefield had single player for a while either. In fact, most of the good games coming out (triple A and otherwise) have been single player only. I'd gladly pay 60$ for a good multiplayer only game. Sadly I doubt COD will be that game.

But that statement is asinine.

spronk

FPS noob
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
16h 0m
- no single player campaign
- new battle royale mode "blackout", light on details but pulls in stuff from every call of duty black ops and zombie game
- 3 launch zombie games i think
- will be available on battle.net (no steam?) and going hard in on making PC mode great - 4k, dedicated servers, HDR, etc
- boots on the ground, no jet packs, no wall running
- "pre order now and get access to the private beta"

zero actual gameplay of battle royale mode makes me kinda think its not going to be a launch feature

Xexx

Molten Core Raider
Jul 30, 2016
1h 6m
If its not 100 ppl i dont see the point, that map is super large and CoD has always been super gay on not allowing more than 6v6 so im wondering just how they plan to fuck up the gamemode