Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare 2016

spronk

FPS noob
The official trailer for the next Call of Duty game gets released next tuesday (May 3d), we will probably see it leaked this weekend. But images have started popping up in advance, and we know the title now. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Being developed by Infinity Ward - the cycle is iW, Sledgehammer, and Treyarch are rotating each years COD game.

The game is supposed to take place in the far future (+100 years) and feature space warfare. Thats right bitches, we're going into space!!!

its easy to make jokes at how stale and formulaic the annual COD is, but honestly I do enjoy black ops 3 a lot and I've probably put 200 hours into the game. Prestige rank 2 level 40 or so right now, I play a few hours every week.

cg-wl5jwgaajb6p63jtw.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
Curious to see if the rumors of CoD in space are true. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Current rumor is its packed with MW remastered - not sure how thats going to work bc id buy it just for that and say fuck this futuristic bullshit if thats the case - if not id totally not buy it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"We need new ideas for CoD. I feel we've exhausted everything. Any ideas?"
"I've been digging around and I think I've got it."
"Speak, man! We need this ground breaking idea!"
"Well you see in the source code I found public float GRAVITY = 1.0f. I was thinking for our new game we'll blow some people's minds and set that baby to 0.50f."
"Good lord thats the most innovative idea we've had in years. Someone promote this man to lead game designer ASAP!"

spronk

FPS noob
nuk3town roll out map got changed last patch to show a future warship flying in as nuk3town is destroyed, i guess this is more minor callouts before the official trailer

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I read a joke comment earlier saying "Call of Duty: Gundam Warfare" - i laughed till i thought between TitanFall and these rumors,..it could happen.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Decent choice of a song. I haven't played any of the CoDs past MW, so they kinda blur together with this one.

spronk

FPS noob
gz55pT0.jpg

For $20 extra you can buy legacy edition and get Modern Warfare remastered, campaign + 10 MP maps. Not too shabby. I really enjoy the COD games, so definitely gonna be a day one buy for me.

original.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The only current saving grace is remaster mw but i dont want to put money on either tbh

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Was the CODBLOPS3 campaign any good?

It looks like they finally got a new engine for this next one?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I cannot wait for next year's game. Call of Duty, Infinite Remasters. $79.99 for all the COD games remastered.

spronk

FPS noob
Was the CODBLOPS3 campaign any good?

It looks like they finally got a new engine for this next one?
campaign is hot garbage but MP is really good and zombies is also good and filled with easter eggs that are pretty hard. For example the second DLC zombies requires you to do like 50 steps to reveal the easter egg, which unlocks a long cutscene and trophy. It took the first guy (I think he was in a team of 4) like over 70 hours of tries to get it done, it was pretty much MMO raid level of complexity. In zombies mode too, if you die you are finished ala Diablo Hardcore.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Der Eisendrache Easter Egg Guide

its 3 studios that rotate each call of duty, and I don't think they share engines so thats why each one is slightly different. They each have different philosophies on game modes too, pretty minor stuff though since obviously activision wants people to feel comfy going into each one