Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare 2016

spronk

FPS noob
Call of Duty weekend con going on, they are streaming stuff about IW and MW

IW mp trailer. heavy with shield looks awesome. PS4 beta on 10.14

Last edited:

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm a sucker for zombies and now they have to go and add the 80's theme.... I'm sold

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
MW1 was incredible. M16 was godlike in that game. Might be the best shooter ever made IMO.

It's definitely one of the better FPS packages (campaign + multiplayer) that you could possibly buy. Game was absolutely a home run, one of the better ones ever made. I think I would only, personally, have it behind games like BF1942, Half-Life, Bioshock, original Halo etc in the FPS department.

Man, I just can't talk myself into buying this game. From a principal stand point I wanna say fuck them for making me buy a game I don't have any interest in (whatever the new title is). But I am also not a broke-asshole and really have nothing other than "principal" as to why I do not want to buy the game for the remaster. I often find myself still hopping on MW on PC or MW2 and really wishing MW2 had dedicated servers.

Dilemma, dilemma bros...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
God damn that video, I'm simply appalled they are using my favorite decade, genre and the Hoff to lure me in.

spronk

FPS noob
Call of Duty is imo better than battlefield and others when it comes to DLC. For Infinite Warfare, $100 gets you an absolutely insane amount of content - Infinite Warfare, the full season pass, solo/co-op single player campaign, casual multiplayer mode, ranked multiplayer mode, custom games (which have many hooks in pro websites), solo/co-op zombies game that is BIGGER than the campaign imo, PLUS modern warfare 4 remastered and 16 MP maps. The MP modes of COD are also not to be trivialized, there is a lot of content there especially with prestige leveling, hundreds of weapons and skins, class customization, etc. Even still, the $60 base version gets you everything except season pass and modern warfare.

By contrast Battlefield 1 / Titanfall 2 is $130 for the "best" version and you don't get nearly as much as COD content wise. Also EA charges $20 extra for the "deluxe" versions which include only some digital goodies like badges / skins and 3 day early access.

Still, map splits are lame on both sides and in general the DLC maps tend to disappear from playlists after a month or so, making the DLC value proposition very limited. Still, its only $20 more on COD vs $50 on Battlefield.

Wrathin3L

Peasant
God damn. If only they detached their zombie modes from the franchise. I'd pay ~$10 for that on Steam.

spronk

FPS noob
Jon Snow is mad

Modern Warfare remasters should go out to digital pre orders in early Oct, IW multiplayer beta also mid Oct

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
COD has always been better than Battlefield imo. Battlefield is good and all, but I love the tight gun battles. Tanks and jeeps just aren't the same.

spronk

FPS noob
battlefield is the thinking mans game, call of duty is the dorito-bro's game. I am a dorito bro

Xxk6jva.png

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Lazy question; Are they still using P2P bullshit for MP or is there any hope for dedicated servers?

spronk

FPS noob
black ops 3 is interesting and totally hidden, most people have no idea that BO3 uses dedicated servers on PC and a mix of servers and p2p on console, emphasizing ping rate for connection over all else. I dunno what IW has but I doubt you'll ever see rich server browsers and stuff like that in a COD game

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Which is a shame since was best part of cod 4/ world at war etc was clan servers i could play with a large group of same people id never go as far as friends listing and trying to mass invite to games.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like both game series and very glad COD is different. I love their single players and look forward to this one. Different studio but Black Ops 3 was fucking awesome SP. (and great MP too)

spronk

FPS noob
modern warfare remaster preload is up on consoles for digital preorders, its 40 gig download for me (going on still). Infinite Warfare says the total install size is going to be 120 gigs, dayum biggest game ever?

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is Modern Warfare remastered going to be available as a separate buy? Or is it a bonus when you purchase the new COD? To lazy to look.......

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So is Modern Warfare remastered going to be available as a separate buy? Or is it a bonus when you purchase the new COD? To lazy to look.......

Only a bonus when you purchase the deluxe $ copy from what I understand.