Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare 2016

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any tricks for getting this discounted or just suck it up and steam buy it. Deluxe because remastered cod 4 alone is tempting.

spronk

FPS noob
i wouldn't buy on PC, the port will likely be iffy, the community dies out super fast and paying $80 for a SP campaign kinda sucks imo. If you don't have a console just wait a few months and they will discount it 50%

you can't buy modern warfare remaster standalone for now, but they have sorta hinted it will be available by itself in a few months

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well I wouldnt mind playing the actual new game too...... think the last one I played was the first of the ones with no dedicated servers just the overwatch/titanfall blind matchmaking.....

Shooters on consoles (I dont own) are against my religion. BF1 seemed to be a shitshow imo, so was open to going back to my pseudo roots.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm just staying away from buying shooters at launch now. None of them have been worth a shit except for maybe Doom and that was just for the single player. Destiny matured into a decent game but it took over a year.

spronk

FPS noob
infinite warfare beta is live this weekend, tomorrow 10am PST till ? If you pre ordered digitally you should have received a code plus 5 extra codes for friends, here are two for anyone to snag on PS4

1. FATB-GGN4-22M2
2. 8JKD-R8NJ-Q624

its a 19 gig download so don't redeem if you won't actually use it

spronk

FPS noob
I'm not really feeling much love for IW after 2 hours. I really do enjoy black ops 3, casually, hit rank 4 prestige or so but kinda stopped playing after Overwatch although I still pop in every now and then. BO3 feels smooth and you can shift from one "move" to another nicely, and you have a good sense of whats going on around you. Nuk3town is also one of the greatest multiplayer maps ever made.

It didn't feel smooth at all in IW, although it felt very similar to BO3 but just not... as good. I dunno, maybe I just don't know the maps or something and it'll get better once I do. The class visuals / powers / descriptions also looked extremely weak compared to BO3.

By contrast I loved every second I was in battlefield 1, even though I was dying non stop in both. So far first impressions are BF1 is amazing, IW is a step below everything else. I am not cancelling or anything, gonna enjoy the SP campaign, MW4, and try to fit in some multiplayer but expectations heavily lowered at this point.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
COD Beta Codes.

Say what you used.

• FRIEND TOKEN: 3NH9-EPNQ-PKPJ
  • FRIEND TOKEN: QQPB-MMN2-R7PG
  • FRIEND TOKEN: 79CM-EHNT-Q5TE
  • FRIEND TOKEN: CAE5-59N9-925J

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Holy sit the graphics are fucking horrible. Effort.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
next weekend beta will be up for xbone and PS4, i'd recommend checking it out if you were gonna buy the game. I sort of warmed up to multiplayer a bit more over the weekend, but its still far below black ops 3 as far as I am concerned

no pc beta, because fuck you PC i guess

spronk

FPS noob
weekend beta 2 is live, any PS4 user can get in not sure about xbox

beta is growing on me a little bit, the airport map they dropped in is pretty baller and i'm starting to get more used to the movement.

Last edited:

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played the Beta quite a bit this weekend and in the end I had a better time in TF2. BF1, TF2, and The Division 1.4 all now and soon, I think I will hold off on COD until the MW2 Premium hopefully can be purchased separately.

spronk

FPS noob
game launches tonight, today, whatever. some streamers already playing MW:R multiplayer online, looks like fun

here is something HILARIOUS. So Infinite Warfare is on the WIndows 10 store, cool! Wait, if you buy its not cross play, PC only. Bummer, but ok makes sense its a Activision title not Microsoft. Wait... you don't get to do multiplayer with people on steam, you are limited to playing with and against other people who bought the Windows 10 store version. Like... all 43 people who will buy it that way. LOL
Activision Support

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How is anyone even considering buying this crap? 60$+50$ for season pass and weapons gated behind loot crates? Fuckin come on.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
infinite warfare isn't live yet for 3 hours but modern warfare remaster is live for digital owners, played a few games of multiplayer and its pretty interesting comparing it to BO3/T2/BF1/IW. While I can see why people love it, it does feel a bit simpler and the animations can be funny as you die / kill someone /etc, definitely feels less "fluid" than the modern day shooters. Movement also feels a bit slower but 100% boots on the ground is fun and interesting, very different from T2 and modern COD.

Right now I think I prefer the modern versions and BF1 for my boots on the ground fix when I'm tired of future shit, but gonna play through all of Modern Warfare and mp slowly.

For digital owners at least you can launch Modern Warfare seperately, for disc owners I think you have to launch it from inside IW but I dunno

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did you ever play the original? It's been a decade lol of course there mechanics are going to feel old and funny compared to modern standards.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I stayed away from shooters before finally breaking down and buying Advanced Warfare. So, I don't have the experience that a lot of people have with the genre. That being said, I am really enjoying the Modern Warfare Remastered game. As for Infinite Warfare, I'm not done with the campaign yet, but I think it's very well done. However, the multi-player has left me feeling disappointed. It's just too frantic, and I just can't get into it. The one nice thing about it is that you can play an entire Team Deathmatch game in IW in about the same time as the loading screen in any B1 multiplayer mode.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If you didnt like Ghost id steer away from IW MP - This is pretty much the worse CoD ive played for MP since Ghost - Its hard to explain but the MP just feels....cheap? At any rate im glad i game shared for this but my friend sure is upset he paid for it.