Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

spronk

FPS noob

tl;dr: no season pass, campaign included, new engine that will be used for future Call of Duty games, and cross play between PC/PS4/Xbox. Nothing yet about battle royale or zombies.

Prepare to go dark, Modern Warfare® is back!

The stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare engulfs fans in an incredibly raw, gritty, provocative narrative that brings unrivaled intensity and shines a light on the changing nature of modern war. Developed by the studio that started it all, Infinity Ward delivers an epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up.

Beyond the campaign, players will be thrust into the ultimate online playground with a classic multiplayer experience and an all-new cooperative play mode, featuring a collection of strategic co-op missions accessible to all skill levels, that only Call of Duty can deliver.
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can with an edgy, culturally relevant and thought-provoking single-player campaign.
  • Players will engage in breathtaking covert operations alongside a diverse cast of international special forces and freedom fighters throughout iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East.
  • Fans will experience personalities from the Modern Warfare series, including the iconic Captain Price, while experiencing visceral frontline encounters with lethal tier one operators who work within the gray area of their rules of engagement.
  • Single player gameplay is reflexive and strategic, supporting the narrative through a variety of different playstyles including close quarter, stealth missions and long-range combat that puts tactical decision making to the ultimate test.
Tech: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare features a new engine delivering an immersive and photo-realistic experience. The new technology utilizes the latest advancements in visual engineering, including a physically-based material system allowing for state-of-the-art photogrammetry, a new hybrid tile based streaming system, new PBR decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, DirectX Raytracing (PC) and more, as well as a new GPU geometry pipeline. Spectral rendering delivers thermal heat radiation and infrared identification for both thermal and night-vision in-game imaging. The technical investment made provides a cutting-edge animation system and blend shape system, while the new suite of audio of tools allows for full Dolby ATMOS support, on supported platforms, along with the latest in audio simulation effects.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I'm not a huge COD story guy and I haven't even played any of the MW games but my understanding is the story is a reboot of modern warfare story, starting from scratch but pulling in the characters they want from the various campaigns.

zxcsJih.jpg

1920x-1

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The first Modern Warfare was spectacular. Lost their way by the time Black Ops came out. Hoping this is a return to form.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
CoD4:MW campaign was fantastic. That guile suit level is still some ATG shit. Apparently they are aiming for a fairly "dark" campaign this go around. Very cautiously optimistic.

Just copy MW or MW2's multiplayer, Jesus please. The most lone wolf shameless fun I have ever had.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
And the new hero will be brown of skin (thought provoking)

• 1Worf

gauze

Molten Core Raider
supposedly/hopefully? drawing heavily influence from, and trying to provide more visceral experiences like such.. interesting start to put a child? in chemical zone in the trailer.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I said I would never buy another CoD and that trailer is making me go back on my word. Fuck.

spronk

FPS noob
multiplayer trailer with Enter Sandman

open beta

looks awesome, i'm gonna be playing at launch. BO4 has been a shit show so expectations kinda low but i love playing COD

spronk

FPS noob
Beta dates via CharlieIntel
  • PlayStation 4 Exclusive Beta
    • September 12 – 13 (Early Access, PlayStation 4)
    • September 14 – 16 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
  • Beta featuring crossplay testing
    • September 19 – 20 (Early Access, PC and Xbox One; Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
    • September 21 – 23 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One)

crossplay between PC and consoles is wild, hope its optional cuz i dont wanna play against pc players

spronk

FPS noob
its just the "get hype" trailer, this is actual gameplay

no minimap except when UAVs active, which is gonna be weird. also the MP lobbies will support 20v20 so thats pretty big, 100+ for ground war modes

spronk

FPS noob

• Cross Play Day 1.
  • No Season Pass.
  • Unlocks works on all modes (you can unlock an attachment on SP and use it on MP).
  • All guns have been redesigned.
  • Gunsmith makes guns unique for each person.
  • Guns have perks.
  • Killstreaks are back.
  • Modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Cyber Attack (Search And Destroy), Gunfight, 10v10, 20v20, Realism (No Hud). Devs also hinted modes with much higher player count are coming.
  • Open Beta Confirmed.
  • Doors can be open in many ways (Kickopen, explosives, slides, breach and so on)
  • There's a super sprint.
  • You can reload while aiming down sights.
  • Any corner/cover can serve as a mount for your gun.
  • No minimap (unless your team has an active UAV)
  • Maps have some spots that will only be found if players explore it.
  • Night Vision Goggles are very important on some maps.
  • Ingame characters watches now show the actual real time based on the system/console clock.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
the 50 v 50 might kill Battlefield if they don't fuck it up. I don't like all the perks bullshit, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sounds pretty good so far.

I saw the part about door breaching....what about destrictable environments? Still a no go in COD?

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
WHAT!!!?!?!!?!?!? Thats a new level!!!!!
  • Ingame characters watches now show the actual real time based on the system/console clock.
tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
alpha is up this entire weekend for anyone but only on PS4, its a 18.5 gig download

Dr Disrespect, etc playing on twitch too if you don't wanna download and just watch. Its only 2v2 lobbies so not gonna bother myself

• 1Like