Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Getting close to prerelease. Suprised theres been no talk. Seems like the first promising COD in a very long time?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Cod hasnt been great since MW2 or BO - since then its been shit or passable for a series, Ghost was among the worse but its Aliens was the best inclusion in their games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cod hasnt been great since MW2 or BO - since then its been shit or passable for a series, Ghost was among the worse but its Aliens was the best inclusion in their games.
I agree they have been bad. Didn't even purchase. Just thought this one had more people saying good things than before, but guess it could all be paid reviewers

spronk

FPS noob
its like nba 2k20, madden, fighting games, dota, Wow classic, etc. EIther you like this kind of game and you buy it and play for a year, or you don't like this kind of game and nothing really will ever change your mind about it.

I still play 20+ hours a month of WW2 which is imo the best MP call of duty right now (on consoles), and a bit of BO4 which is shitty at multiplayer but has a pretty good battle royale which you can play just fine solo which I like. They are totally mindless games which I can do pretty well in once I learn the maps, not much different than fortnite/pubg/csgo/etc but I do way, way better on console than PC where my age and speed does me no favors.

I'm pretty sure AW will be the same - a campaign which is ok but nothing insanely amazing and done in 10-15 hours, then multiplayer which will be ??? who knows, 3 months after a COD release the MP changes a LOT so even launch MP doesn't really mean much a few months later. I'm kinda surprised they haven't revealed yet whether a battle royale mode is in or not, I guess at this point (~1 month before release) its unlikely such big surprises will be going in.

Open beta this weekend on PS4 so pretty easy to decide if you like this style or not

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still havent really fucked with WW2 online that much.

It's still going strong?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
its like nba 2k20, madden, fighting games, dota, Wow classic, etc. EIther you like this kind of game and you buy it and play for a year, or you don't like this kind of game and nothing really will ever change your mind about it.

I still play 20+ hours a month of WW2 which is imo the best MP call of duty right now (on consoles), and a bit of BO4 which is shitty at multiplayer but has a pretty good battle royale which you can play just fine solo which I like. They are totally mindless games which I can do pretty well in once I learn the maps, not much different than fortnite/pubg/csgo/etc but I do way, way better on console than PC where my age and speed does me no favors.

I'm pretty sure AW will be the same - a campaign which is ok but nothing insanely amazing and done in 10-15 hours, then multiplayer which will be ??? who knows, 3 months after a COD release the MP changes a LOT so even launch MP doesn't really mean much a few months later. I'm kinda surprised they haven't revealed yet whether a battle royale mode is in or not, I guess at this point (~1 month before release) its unlikely such big surprises will be going in.

Open beta this weekend on PS4 so pretty easy to decide if you like this style or not

Not sure if this is in response to my remark or not but its hardly relevant when you have multiple studios making multiple versions. CoD as a series is constant in terms of what it aims to do but it always varies on hitting the right marks. CoD to me has declined from it being what i loved into just another series that you may like a couple things about or not. I generally purchase them but usually within a month or so i stop and wait till the next release in hopes it will be better than the last. I believe 6 of us bought WW but maybe 2 of us kept playing after a month time and by 3 months no one.

spronk

FPS noob
I still havent really fucked with WW2 online that much.

It's still going strong?

yeah i play only shipment 24x7 which is a tiny, tiny map (keeps the action FAST and every weapon is viable) and i get matched within seconds to full lobbies 24x7 on PS4, at least 100k players every day based on online rankings/etc so its a really healthy community.

WW2 changed drastically about 6 months after release, it was a shit show at release but they redid a lot of balances and the loot system. Its the best COD in terms of that, you earn a dozen supply drops easy in an hour from contracts, and they put in tons of the weapon skins and stuff. Everything you can earn just from playing, unlike BO4 and probably the new COD where you HAVE to buy supply drops and shit to earn the "top" skins, you can't earn many of them thru just play. I don't really give a shit about skins so its never really bothered me but i really like how you can get everything in WW2 thru just playing.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I agree but did you see ho it's changed or the 50 v 50 mode with vehicles?

Hekotat

I'm hyped to try it for free this next weekend, the gun mechanics and gameplay have me intrigued. Wonder if they will let us preload.

Hekotat

They have an absolute opportunity to blow out battlefield on their own turf, I'm willing to give them a chance.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I agree but did you see ho it's changed or the 50 v 50 mode with vehicles?

I did not play BlackOut due to Apex coming out but i have played every single CoD thats come out and cant say ive been impressed - Honestly surprised they havent put the Alien Invasion mini game in more CODs and keep tossing in fuckin zombies.

Hekotat

I did not play BlackOut due to Apex coming out but i have played every single CoD thats come out and cant say ive been impressed - Honestly surprised they havent put the Alien Invasion mini game in more CODs and keep tossing in fuckin zombies.

Not blackout, go check out the videos from the new game of people actually playing it and how they've changed the gun mechanics and all that shit. It looks like it plays completely different from any CoD game to date.

Hekotat

spronk

FPS noob
beta is live on ps4 this weekend (exclusive i think)

35 gig download for me, a LOT more content than the alpha

3 6v6 maps
1 10v10 map
team deathmatch, domination, HQ

gun editor and class editor is live too

spronk

FPS noob
played a few games, gunplay feels VERY different. It feels more like battlefield - slower scope and reloads, more "deliberate" feel when firing, longer TTKs plus there is no minimap (unless a UAV is active). Not sure if I like it or not, need more time I guess.

Hekotat

beta is live on ps4 this weekend (exclusive i think)

35 gig download for me, a LOT more content than the alpha

3 6v6 maps
1 10v10 map
team deathmatch, domination, HQ

gun editor and class editor is live too

No news or gameplay on the 50v50 mode?

spronk

FPS noob
No news or gameplay on the 50v50 mode?

nothing i've seen on 50v50, probably another beta weekend

i enjoyed it, i got smoked hard by people who are better with the guns and know the maps, it felt pretty much like "move 3 steps...die... " but i'm getting used to it. No minimap is hard to get used to, if you have a good player on your team who can keep a UAV flying all the time it makes an insane difference. might be too fucked up for normal pub play. I hate the default assault rifle, its semi auto so you can't spray and pray, the SMG lets you do that but has terrible range. you can start tweaking weapons at level 4 so just hit that and quit for tonight.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still no ability to setup proper servers on PC? No interest in 6v6 bullshit.